CANADA Canada - Malpeque Bay, PEI, Male, 21-35, unusual facial features, Jun'97

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cbc.ca/m/touch/canada/prince-edward-island/story/1.871200

"RCMP in Charlottetown say they have new clues about the lifestyle of a man whose body was found in Malpeque Bay, P.E.I., in 1997.

The man's body was exhumed Monday morning at the People's Cemetery in Charlottetown, 13 years to the day it was discovered.

When the body was originally discovered, officials were unable to link it to anyone in a missing persons database. There have been no matches to any subsequent missing persons reports.

Although police have not yet determined the man's identity, they say he was about five feet 11 inches tall and weighed approximately 200 pounds.

His race is unknown.

RCMP Sgt. Denis Morin said the man died relatively young and that he was in good health, with the exception of his teeth.

"This individual had serious dental issues, for example, he had an abscess probably prior to his death that was never taken care of by a dentist," he said."

"April 23, 2014
CHARLOTTETOWN -- The RCMP are hoping a bust created through reconstructive technology will help identify an unknown man whose body was found in waters off P.E.I. nearly 17 years ago.

The bust of the man's head and face is the work of Sgt. Michel Fournier, a forensic artist with the New Brunswick RCMP, and Moira McLaughlin, a physical anthropologist at St. Thomas University in Fredericton."

Read more: http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/bust-of-...97-cold-case-in-p-e-i-1.1788591#ixzz3GW4vOhfv

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3c0EC1-bKg

" Published on May 1, 2014

The RCMP has put a face to the considerably decomposed man's body that was discovered by a fisherman in Malpeque Bay on June 7, 1997. The body was exhumed four years ago in the hope of using scientific and investigative advancements to identify the man. On Tuesday, April 22, 2014 the RCMP's major crimes unit provided an update on the P.E.I. cold case and released a replica of what they believe, through their investigation, the man may have looked like. They are asking for the public to call with any information about the man's identity"

"Local fishermen found the body floating in Malpeque Bay on June 7, 1997. The body was recovered by the crews of two lobster boats and transported to the Lennox Island wharf.

The person had been wearing a black leather belt with a Jack Daniels buckle, black leather boots, Broadway jeans and underwear with the initials G.L. written on the tag. "
rbbm.
http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/L...ce-to-give-update-on-1997-unidentified-body/1

Includes pics of items found on body.
rbbm.

http://www.peicrimestoppers.com/missingpersons.php

"The origin of the victim remains unknown and since he had been in the water for a number of weeks it is possible that he may have drifted with the tides. The deceased was wearing jeans with a bilingual logo and while he may be from Prince Edward Island, it is entirely possible that he may have originated from Quebec, Gaspe, northern New Brunswick or the Magdalen Islands"

Bilingual tag most likely indicates that he's Canadian. Could the initials be his own? Usually used clothing places don't accept previously owned underwear.

I hope that he is identified.

Odd, I was just wondering about him too, but the dates don't work out.

See that now, too bad - because they speak of him missing from the West Coast, but this one article says he is from the East Coast..

http://www.dailyheraldtribune.com/2012/11/29/gaulton-family-looking-for-closure

"Driven by the allure of finding a job –and possibly a better life –Daniel Gaulton set out from his home on Canada’s East Coast in the summer of 1997, and headed west."
rbbm.

Sometimes the dates get recorded incorrectly. I wonder if that's a possibility. At first glance, it looks like the dates are right, but ........

That bust really looks like an off shoot of Neanderthal man. I mean no disrespect to the poor unidentified man. I question the accuracy of said bust.

That bust really looks like an off shoot of Neanderthal man. I mean no disrespect to the poor unidentified man. I question the accuracy of said bust.

Yes, I feel a little bad when suggesting possible matches in case it offends family members of the missing.
Wonder if uid might have been " endangered" and had initials on underwear because he lived in a facility of some kind..
On the other hand, the boots and Jack Daniels belt goes against that thought. jmo

Ok, that bust just looks like Shrek. I can't find anyone with even similar facial proportions and features.

Ok, that bust just looks like Shrek. I can't find anyone with even similar facial proportions and features.

Can't be Shrek... he's made a handful of movies since 1997.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bust also does not appear to be someone who weighed 200 lbs, as was estimated. Hubby is just shy of 6' (UID listed as 5'11") and weighs 190 and is quite lean, especially in the face. I feel like they packed a lot of unnecessary weight on this guy's face in the recreation. Wonder what he'd look like if he were thinner?

Agree the bust may have a few accuracy issues - especially the estimated weight vs face profile.

Noticed Malpeque Bay is on the north side of PEI - could this person have fallen/jumped from a ship entering the St Lawrence River? Might account for the initials on the underwear - a worker on a ship with many needing laundry services. Thought the belt buckle might match that type of job as well. Could make this person from almost anywhere. Jmo.

Agree the bust may have a few accuracy issues - especially the estimated weight vs face profile.

Noticed Malpeque Bay is on the north side of PEI - could this person have fallen/jumped from a ship entering the St Lawrence River? Might account for the initials on the underwear - a worker on a ship with many needing laundry services. Thought the belt buckle might match that type of job as well. Could make this person from almost anywhere. Jmo.

Have been thinking the same regarding underwear and belt, wonder if boots had rubber soles for walking on deck..
They mention his race is unknown..

Pleasantly surprised to see a new article today about this case..

http://www.theguardian.pe.ca/News/L...-no-identity-for-man-found-in-water-in-1997/1

"Police unveiled the mask on April 22 in the hope the image would trigger recognition from someone who felt they either knew this person or may have come across the man many years ago.

The public was encouraged to call in tips. Several did.

Tip after tip did not pan out, however, notes RCMP Sgt. Leanne Butler.

Than a truly promising call from a person who believed the mystery man may well have been a family member. The family had filed a missing report about the same time this person was found, believed to have drowned.

Amid great anticipation for both police and family members, DNA samples were taken and compared.

No match.

So the search goes on.

“That was our most viable tip,’’ says Butler.

“We are looking for more tips. We have followed up all the tips that we have received. We would love to have some more.’’

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven
Back