Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation**

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.
BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
By The Associated Press
October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...missing-uva-student-108218.html#ixzz3GXLLYHDs

why are they calling it a death investigation and not murder investigation. Is this significant?

I think as someone said, they have to wait for the medical examiner to rule cod a homicide before they can call it a murder investigation

from my perspective, without saying so explicitly, longo was saying that hannah had been found
this is so sad but also so good for the family. they will have their daughter to bury and that is huge

why are they calling it a death investigation and not murder investigation. Is this significant?

Repeating from the other thread: I think they can't officially call a death a murder investigation until the medical examiner determines the manner of death was homicidal.

They seem pretty sure it's her. Praying for the family. :(

Probably because at this stage, there's no way to know the manner of death. I think after forensics and further investigation, it will turn into a murder investigation because the cause of death will support that.

While most of us here believed that Hannah wasn't going to be found alive, the actual statement that remains have been found that LE is all but confirming are hers, still stings just as much as if we had thought she would be found alive. She can at least be taken home now and laid to rest with dignity and surrounded by those who loved her, which I am sure we all are grateful for, and her family can hopefully begin to live again, in time, knowing that their daughter's killer, and very possibly the killer of several others, will never hurt another young woman again. My heartfelt prayer is that God's grace may comfort and sustain them. RIP, precious Hannah. You have touched more people in death than most of us will ever touch in life. JMO

I just have to say - the searchers in this case are absolute heroes. I pray that they are blessed continuously for the rest of their lives. RIP Hannah.

She buried herself? I don't think so.

Who has the initials LJ? I keep seeing them as I read and not sure whom that is?

I wonder if she was "discovered" or if JM spilled the beans. May she rest in peace. :(

Repeating from the other thread: I think they can't officially call a death a murder investigation until the medical examiner determines the manner of death was homicidal.
That should happen fairly quickly, yes? Medical examiner in the next couple of days?

I am sickened by this. Such mixed emotions. Basically, I wish this had never, ever happened :(

Brought over from the press conference thread:

search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
discovered human remains
PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
investigation complicated
unlikely we will have more information to share
we know you will be patient and respectful
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work
investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
death investigation
no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
county will lead the death investigation due to body being located
c/fied county sheriff dept. made discovery
remains to Richmond autopsy
now death investigation
al co. will lead
Steve Sellers says it was a Chesterfield Police Dept made the discovery. They are collecting and preserving evidence. Autopsy and official identification will be done. It's a death investigation, so specifics and evidence at scene will not be discovered. Same agency is lead in both Morgan Harrington case and Hannah Graham case.

Discovery is significant discovery. They will not jump to conclusions about discovery.

Thanks to everyone who helped to transcribe the PC.

from my perspective, without saying so explicitly, longo was saying that hannah had been found
this is so sad but also so good for the family. they will have their daughter to bury and that is huge

Yes, agree.

Watching his face was interesting as well. He is very measured and purposeful in the way he delivers information. He gave a notable look with his with eyes when he first said her parents had been called. (not that we take eye movements as facts. Just saying I noticed his facial language)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member