NH-Annual Pumpkin Fest marred by riots

I saw that this morning on a news site, and came here to see if there was a thread about it.

How in heck does a small-town pumpkin festival turn into that? Overturning cars, setting fires, uprooting light poles & street signs, throwing rocks & bottles at police.... And this wasn't just a few people acting like savages, this was hundreds of people. Even given that they're college-age and alcohol was involved -- how can so many people possibly think that's acceptable behavior?

I'm disgusted.

Is there something about Keene, or the college there, that I'm unaware of? Of is this just representative of society devolving?

Sounds like a lot of college age people that were drunk/stoned and were allowed to kind of take over the festivities, or at least the geographic area.

When I was that age, I had to work for money. I could not have afforded to be gone every weekend drinking and drugging even if I had wanted to. Perhaps parents need to pare down the cash outlay to these criminal kids and keep them at home with them. I don't want to be around them.

Sounds like a lot of college age people that were drunk/stoned and were allowed to kind of take over the festivities, or at least the geographic area.

When I was that age, I had to work for money. I could not have afforded to be gone every weekend drinking and drugging even if I had wanted to. Perhaps parents need to pare down the cash outlay to these criminal kids and keep them at home with them. I don't want to be around them.

Well, if I was running the Keene show - I'd find few guys and at least 1 gal, that I could positively identify doing some type of vandalism on video, and then;

1). Turn the tape and names over to LE
2). Kick them out of school
3). Keep whatever money paid so far
4). Plaster their faces and names all over the campus place and run the video of what they did and what happened to them
5). Remind everybody that the internet is forever
6). Wish these idiots good luck ever getting into another school or securing a good paying job once a prospective employer Google's their name.

This is very sad to me. A family event marred by drunken idiocy. I do hope the event will continue next year, albeit with lessons learned and better, tighter control over the masses.

I agree. Every single one of these creeps should be kicked out of school. How is this fun? What is the cause? I've been drunk before. Never had the urge to suddenly join the herd or run amok and vandalize property.

What a bunch of jerks. Please let their be a lot of arrests.

Oh and who knew pumpkins inspired such anger?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back