1066 users online (221 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TN - 15 year old male sexually assualted and videotaped. 5 ARRESTED

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...ault/17345777/

This child suffered life threatening injuries from this group

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    http://www.tennessean.com/story/news...ault/17345777/

This child suffered life threatening injuries from this group

Salem

Once again, I can't imagine.. To even consider such an assault, find others who are likewise depraved to join in, then have the audacity to film yourselves. I hope these five are forever locked away in a nightmare world, and the young man finds a way to heal.

How horrible! I agree SouthernMimi. Where do you find 5 people seemingly ok with this atrocious act???
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

sadists find sadists. Like attracts like. Sick young men. I hope they pay dearly for what the visited on their victim. Prayers go to him, that he get all the help and support he needs going forward. Gong to have a long road to walk recovering from that level of trauma.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

OMG how horrible. What were these boys thinking? Who does this?

The young victim is going to have a very long recovery, both physically and mentally. I hope he has a strong support system advocating for him. God Bless.

Sick depraved predators and already set at a young age.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Beautiful Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee

Judge refuses to reduce bond for 3 accused of sexually assaulting 15 year old Boy

Three of the defendants, 18-year-old Sam Miller, 19-year-old Tyler Perry and 20-year-old Dayton Jones, appeared in court while police testified about the brutal nature of the assault.
    The judge denied the defendants' request to reduce bond. The bond remains set at $1 million for each of the adult defendants.

AND get ready for you blood to boil!!!!

Defense attorneys said this was not an angry or sexual attack, but a jest that got out of control.

"There's nothing sexual about this case. This was just a bunch of guys. They're all friends," said Bill Deatherage, defense attorney for Jones. "One of them had too much to drink, went to sleep. The others pulled a prank and it looks like the prank went too far."
    http://www.wsmv.com/story/26865054/j...ng-15-year-old

Teen sexually assaulted receiving support from community

A community's shock is turning to support for his family.

“Everybody in the community from business to students are rallying behind this family,” said attorney Sands Chewning.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26836085/t...#ixzz3HYGjcFcH

There is more in this article about the young man and how his recovery is going.

My heart just aches for this young man and his family.. Many surgeries to come.

Also tells that one of the perps was a relative of this young man.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lyric~ View Post
    Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/26836085/t...#ixzz3HYGjcFcH

There is more in this article about the young man and how his recovery is going.

My heart just aches for this young man and his family.. Many surgeries to come.

Also tells that one of the perps was a relative of this young man.
    Thanks for the article. It sounds to me as though the perps used objects and perforated his colon, because of the colostomy bag reference. When the bowel is perfed, contents spill into the abdominal cavity and cause sepsis very quickly. He may have had to have had part of his colon removed. What a nightmare for this young man. The cruelty is just beyond... JMV

This story makes me weep with sadness and horror.

I can't even click on the link to the story.

My thoughts and prayers go out to this young man- I don't know how he'll manage to heal from this but I pray he is able to.

There is a special place in hell for these perpetrators... these are some of the worst of the worst IMO and I hope a judge and jury agrees.

Reminds me a bit of that teen that was assaulted in Texas about 8 years back. He tried to change laws regarding hate crimes, etc, but in the end, he couldn't really handle things. He jumped off a cruise ship and died.

Sixth Suspect Charged, 15 year old Girl!!

If things couldn't get any worse...

A sixth suspect has been charged in connection with the sexual assault of a teenage boy in Christian County. The suspect is a 15-year-old girl from Hopkinsville.

Officials with the Christian County Sheriff’s Office arrested the girl Monday. She was charged with three counts of distribution of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor. They said she sent video of the assault to three different people.
    http://www.jrn.com/newschannel5/news...280802872.html

Three Hopkinsville men accept plea deals in sexual assault case - August 19, 2016

Sam Miller is charged with first-degree complicity to wanton endangerment, complicity to tampering with physical evidence, and distribution of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor. Tyler Perry is charged with first-degree assault.

Colton Cavanaugh is charged with first-degree sodomy of someone who was physically helpless, first-degree wanton endangerment, and tampering with physical evidence.
    Fourth Hopkinsville Man Accepts Plea Agreement in Sexual Assault Case - August 22, 2016

22-year-old Dayton Jones entered his plea Monday in Christian Circuit Court. Jones was scheduled for a jury trial Monday.

Jones agreed to a 15-year sentence on sodomy, wanton endangerment, and distribution of matter portraying a sexual performance by a minor. He must register as a lifetime sex offender.
    Three Hopkinsville men sentenced to prison for sexually assaulting 15-year-old boy - November 30, 2016

Colton Cavanaugh, 19, was sentenced to 20 years in prison. He must serve at least 12 years before he is eligible for parole and will be required to register as a sex offender.

Dayton Jones, 22, was given a 15-year sentence. Jones is required to register as a lifetime sex offender. Authorities say Jones will be required to serve at least 8- 1/2 years of his sentence before he is eligible for parole.

Tyler Perry, 21, was given a 10-year sentence on a charge of first-degree assault. He will be required to serve 85 percent of his sentence.
    Miller Sentenced in 2014 Assault of Teen - March 7, 2017

Miller will serve a total of 13 years, although his attorney, Ted Shouse says they do plan to request Miller be released on shock probation in the near future.
    Sexual Assault Defendant Released On Shock Probation

In the motion Judge Atkins notes the order is consistent with the terms of the plea agreement signed by Miller and the Commonwealth's
    Attorney when he entered a guilty plea August 8, 2016. Miller will remain under the supervision of probation and parole for five years. Miller was released from the Christian County Jail Tuesday afternoon at 1:40 pm. He has served 2 years, 9 months and 24 days.

What happened to the 13 years? What is shock probation?

Quote Originally Posted by Flonite View Post
    What happened to the 13 years? What is shock probation?
    This was the first time I heard about it. Only a few states uses this kind of probation.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-shock-probation.htm

Shock probation is probation which is offered after a prisoner has served a part of his or her sentence, usually around three to six months. The idea behind it is that the early stages of an incarceration are often the most difficult, and that they may startle a prisoner into good behavior once released.

Shock probation is also meant to serve as a deterrent for lower level or non-violent offenses. The idea is that if a defendant knows and gets a feel of the eventual consequences of crime, then he will be deterred from committing future crimes. Offenses that would qualify for shock probation include drug, theft, and forgery type offenses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast