1314 users online (188 members and 1126 guests)  

Websleuths News

Heart of Europe

CA woman stuck in ex's chimney, rescued with the help of dish soap and demolition

A woman got stuck in her ex's chimney overnight and had to be extracted with the help of dish soap. Neighbors at the home in Thousand Oaks, CA, heard her terrified screams around 6am, when she'd already been in the chimney three hours. Firefighters eventually got her out at 8am, but had to dismantle the chimney brick-by-brick to do it.

Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa, 30, dated a resident of the home once, who met her online. He only wanted to be identified as Lawrence and says it isn't the first time she's come down his chimney.

“It wasn’t Santa Claus, for sure,” Lawrence said.

“Having someone in your chimney is like kind of a weird thing you wouldn’t expect to come home to...Trying to figure out what I’m going to do with my chimney since it’s in pieces, but better my chimney than probably me.”

Lawrence says people should be careful who they meet online. Nunez-Figueroa's family say she is a good woman and have offered to pay for the chimney. She's been arrested.

Video of rescue at link.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links

SF Bay Area, CA
    Stalker!!! She should've taken lessons from Jodi Arias how to get in through doggie doors, LOL!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

What a creeper! Glad she got stuck, who knows what her plan was.

i just met you
    and this is crazy
    here's your apartment
    and i will break in

that's creepy. If a man got stuck in an ex's chimney would they write that family says he's a good guy?

In the Boonies of Louisiana
    And now i have this song stuck in my head....

Ho, ho ho! Who wouldn't go?
    Ho, ho, ho! Who wouldn't go?

Up on the housetop, click, click, click
    Down through the chimney like good Saint Nick

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

I'm guessing this woman never heard about another California woman - a doctor - who tried the same thing at her estranged boyfriend's house. She wasn't found until someone noticed a very bad smell coming from the fireplace!