1084 users online (189 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
    Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.

BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
    By The Associated Press
    October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/10...#ixzz3GXLLYHDs
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Brought over from the press conference thread:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
    discovered human remains
    PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
    Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
    investigation complicated
    unlikely we will have more information to share
    we know you will be patient and respectful
    there will come a time for more info but that is not today
    thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
    thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
    thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
    remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
    death investigation
    no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
    county will lead the death investigation due to body being located
    Quote Originally Posted by Perplexed 123 View Post
    c/fied county sheriff dept. made discovery
    remains to Richmond autopsy
    now death investigation
    al co. will lead
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Steve Sellers says it was a Chesterfield Police Dept made the discovery. They are collecting and preserving evidence. Autopsy and official identification will be done. It's a death investigation, so specifics and evidence at scene will not be discovered. Same agency is lead in both Morgan Harrington case and Hannah Graham case.

Discovery is significant discovery. They will not jump to conclusions about discovery.
    Thanks to everyone who helped to transcribe the PC.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #3

Please continue here

Thanks CP!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Just got caught up from overnight. Marking my spot.

NBC29 ‏@NBC29 1h1 hour ago
    Police are hoping to hear from forensic analysts today on the remains found during search for #HannahGraham. More on your #NewsatSunrise.

https://twitter.com/NBC29

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Hannah Graham death investigation continues (WUSA9):

"Officers found black pants similar to those Graham was wearing the night she went missing in the vicinity of the remains during that Saturday search, according to police."
    Unless I provide a source, I'm contributing my opinion, FWIW. Ellipses (...) in quoted material = <snip>, done respectfully in order to focus the discussion on the relevant point.

A local news station posted an interview of with the LEO who found Hannah where he gave details, but said they removed the video after talking to police chiefs in Charlottesville and the county.

https://www.facebook.com/cbs6wtvr/po...52494163242426

It is in the comments.

It will be interesting to see what media outlets continue to mention the info that was said, and which ones act like it never happened. It would probably give you an idea of their relationship with LE.

That was included in the interview with the deputy leading the search team that found the body; it was edited out of the report at request of investigators.

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Bringing my post over from thread 1. (Link to info on The Ammonett Branch stream)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...4#post11104834

branch.JPG
    Last edited by skibaboo; 10-20-2014 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added pic

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Hi All, First time posting on this case, but I'm sure, like thousands of others...have been keeping up with all the threads anonymously.....
    Sorry if this had already been posted, I spent most of this weekend TRYING to catch up, but may have missed this.

Does anyone find it odd that based on the two aerial photos of the discovery site that were posted in the media thread, it looks like the grass/lawn has been maintained at the property even though no one currently lives there. I know that living in No. Va. we've had to mow our lawn at least once in the past month. It really bothers me that perhaps someone had been there to mow and totally overlooked/ignored possible signs that Hannah's body was there. I keep thinking of all that time and resources the search crews spent looking that could have been better utilized, had property owners in Albemarle and adjacent counties, been more pro-active in assisting with the search by checking out their property/land as LE had requested.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaa View Post
    That was included in the interview with the deputy leading the search team that found the body; it was edited out of the report at request of investigators.
    I think it was removed because LE did not want that info out. Now I am curious to see which media outlets continue to mention it, and which ones don't.

Marking my spot...back at work today

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    A local news station posted an interview of with the LEO who found Hannah where he gave details, but said they removed the video after talking to police chiefs in Charlottesville and the county.

https://www.facebook.com/cbs6wtvr/po...52494163242426

It is in the comments.

It will be interesting to see what media outlets continue to mention the info that was said, and which ones act like it never happened. It would probably give you an idea of their relationship with LE.
    The story and video was heavily edited and this note now shows at the end of the article:

[Editor's note: A previous version of this story contained information from law enforcement that was later removed at the request of investigators in this case.]

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    I think it was removed because LE did not want that info out. Now I am curious to see which media outlets continue to mention it, and which ones don't.
    I think it would be impossible for police to find and request editing of that information; it's all over the internet now, including here.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaa View Post
    Yea to me that was stupid to say knowing there is an investigation still going on etc. Even I would know not to say such things. Plus it would make JM go HMMM, maybe I did get away with this! I would not want him thinking anything of the sort. But thats just me.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast