1064 users online (235 members and 829 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

Here's a new thread specifically to discuss the Morgan Harrington murder.

Evidence links Graham-Harrington cases, woman who worked with suspect Jesse Matthew ‘shocked’

Harrington’s remains were found on a remote farm the following January. Investigators eventually linked her case, through forensic evidence, to a 2005 unsolved sexual assault in Fairfax. Chan said she was 15 years old and living in Fairfax when that incident occurred.

Investigators once again used forensic evidence to create a link — this time to the man charged with abducting missing UVa. student Hannah Graham.

“We never really heard back from any of those cases and just to hear that connection existed it was really hard to hear,” Chan said.

PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

We know that Morgan's shirt was not found with her body and it sounds like that is the case for Hannah too. I need to go refresh myself on MH's murder, but IIRC her shirt was found first, then her body. Correct?

"You realize there are a lot of amazing people out there to be grateful for. And a loving God...that's what life is about" -Robin Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by smoothcheetos View Post
    We know that Morgan's shirt was not found with her body and it sounds like that is the case for Hannah too. I need to go refresh myself on MH's murder, but IIRC her shirt was found first, then her body. Correct?
    Correct. Shirt was found in November 2009, Morgan was found end of January 2010.

Correct. Morgans shirt was found a few weeks after her disappearance in Charlottesville @ 15th and Grady IIRC.

Here is a link to some articles from the Hook.
    http://www.readthehook.com/category/...gan-harrington

If you want to go in order start at the bottom of page three.

Quote Originally Posted by Xara View Post
    Here is a link to some articles from the Hook.
    http://www.readthehook.com/category/...gan-harrington

If you want to go in order start at the bottom of page three.
    Thanks! That helped refresh my memory!

"You realize there are a lot of amazing people out there to be grateful for. And a loving God...that's what life is about" -Robin Williams.

Yes, but the shirt was not confirmed as Morgan's until the following April. (I will go back to find link).

Pantera Find: Shirt on 15th Street was Morgan Harrington's
    Apr. 15, 2010
    Last edited by Concerned Mama; 10-20-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: added link

Given today's charges in the 2005 Fairfax rape case, & the previously established forensic link with MH's murder, might it be safe to speculate that more charges may soon be forthcoming (re MH)?

I think it's just a matter of time. Since the person that killed Morgan and the Fairfax rapist were the same person, we just need to wait untile they charge him also for Morgan's death.

Edit: grammar correction

I was just wondering about when JM might be charged in the MH case. Seems like the Fairfax case could come first. I can't imagine the logistics and how stressful it must be for LE and the prosecuters to do everything perfectly so JM doesn't get off on some technicality.

Just jumping in. I followed MH case daily and joined the website created by her family back in 2009-2011. I am not so sure it will be that easy to prove JLM murdered Morgan. Since he drove a cab during that time he can always claim he gave her a ride somewhere and that could explain away presence of his DNA. I think a murder charge for Hannah Graham will be easier to prove since he is caught on video as the last person with her. Just hoping there is good solid DNA evidence with Hannah to put JLM away for life. What a relief he is off the streets, but so sad for at least 2 families we know who have lost their only daughters and sisters.
    Last edited by StJohn; 10-20-2014 at 11:00 PM. Reason: spelling

Unless they found new evidence in his apartment, such as Morgan's jewelry.

If a=b and b=c, then a=c.

I'm keepng my fingers and toes crossed that will apply here through the forensics, DNA primarily.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Subscribing...
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

Quote Originally Posted by colette View Post
    Unless they found new evidence in his apartment, such as Morgan's jewelry.
    I keep coming back to this. JLM seems to be a collector so it honestly wouldn't shock me if he did have her jewelry since it wasn't found with her body. Maybe I watch too much Crime TV but I can't shake the thought of MH's jewelry being found with HG. It's weird but ever since we learned of the forensic link between JLM and MH I can't get that scenario out of my head.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast