JLM Charged in Morgan Harrington murder

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Here's a new thread specifically to discuss the Morgan Harrington murder.
Evidence links Graham-Harrington cases, woman who worked with suspect Jesse Matthew ‘shocked’

Harrington’s remains were found on a remote farm the following January. Investigators eventually linked her case, through forensic evidence, to a 2005 unsolved sexual assault in Fairfax. Chan said she was 15 years old and living in Fairfax when that incident occurred.

Investigators once again used forensic evidence to create a link — this time to the man charged with abducting missing UVa. student Hannah Graham.

“We never really heard back from any of those cases and just to hear that connection existed it was really hard to hear,” Chan said.

We know that Morgan's shirt was not found with her body and it sounds like that is the case for Hannah too. I need to go refresh myself on MH's murder, but IIRC her shirt was found first, then her body. Correct?

We know that Morgan's shirt was not found with her body and it sounds like that is the case for Hannah too. I need to go refresh myself on MH's murder, but IIRC her shirt was found first, then her body. Correct?

Correct. Shirt was found in November 2009, Morgan was found end of January 2010.

Correct. Morgans shirt was found a few weeks after her disappearance in Charlottesville @ 15th and Grady IIRC.

Given today's charges in the 2005 Fairfax rape case, & the previously established forensic link with MH's murder, might it be safe to speculate that more charges may soon be forthcoming (re MH)?

I think it's just a matter of time. Since the person that killed Morgan and the Fairfax rapist were the same person, we just need to wait untile they charge him also for Morgan's death.

Edit: grammar correction

I was just wondering about when JM might be charged in the MH case. Seems like the Fairfax case could come first. I can't imagine the logistics and how stressful it must be for LE and the prosecuters to do everything perfectly so JM doesn't get off on some technicality.

Just jumping in. I followed MH case daily and joined the website created by her family back in 2009-2011. I am not so sure it will be that easy to prove JLM murdered Morgan. Since he drove a cab during that time he can always claim he gave her a ride somewhere and that could explain away presence of his DNA. I think a murder charge for Hannah Graham will be easier to prove since he is caught on video as the last person with her. Just hoping there is good solid DNA evidence with Hannah to put JLM away for life. What a relief he is off the streets, but so sad for at least 2 families we know who have lost their only daughters and sisters.

Unless they found new evidence in his apartment, such as Morgan's jewelry.

If a=b and b=c, then a=c.

I'm keepng my fingers and toes crossed that will apply here through the forensics, DNA primarily.

Unless they found new evidence in his apartment, such as Morgan's jewelry.

I keep coming back to this. JLM seems to be a collector so it honestly wouldn't shock me if he did have her jewelry since it wasn't found with her body. Maybe I watch too much Crime TV but I can't shake the thought of MH's jewelry being found with HG. It's weird but ever since we learned of the forensic link between JLM and MH I can't get that scenario out of my head.

I keep coming back to this. JLM seems to be a collector so it honestly wouldn't shock me if he did have her jewelry since it wasn't found with her body. Maybe I watch too much Crime TV but I can't shake the thought of MH's jewelry being found with HG. It's weird but ever since we learned of the forensic link between JLM and MH I can't get that scenario out of my head.

I agree. Was Morgan missing a necklace or something that we never heard about whether it was found with her body?

LE made the tie to MH case very quickly. I think they found something tangeble that she owned.

I agree. Was Morgan missing a necklace or something that we never heard about whether it was found with her body?

LE made the tie to MH case very quickly. I think they found something tangeble that she owned.

I wonder if he'd be able to keep her necklace hidden from the girlfriend he'd had for four years though. I wonder if it would have been something he'd have given his now ex-girlfriend and if that could be how LE made a connection.

When did they obtain his known DNA sample? Maybe if it was obtained when LE initially went to his apartment then they'd have gained a match just from that?

I was just wondering about when JM might be charged in the MH case. Seems like the Fairfax case could come first. I can't imagine the logistics and how stressful it must be for LE and the prosecuters to do everything perfectly so JM doesn't get off on some technicality.

They are boxing him into a corner. If he agrees to a plea in the rape case, then he in essence admits to Morgan's murder. And if forensic evidence connects Hannah's case to the rape and Morgan ...
So he really has no option but to go to trial for the rape, unless charges are brought in Morgan's and Hannah's cases, then they may offer him a plea to avoid the death penalty because he can certainly be charged for capital murder in those two cases. If tried and convicted on attempted capital murder and other charges, that can be used against him in the penalty phase of Morgan's and Hannah's cases.

I think it's very telling that the Fairfax chief and prosecutor said time and again how they are coordinating with police in Albermarle/Charlottesville. The police are getting their ducks in a row and I am confident this monster is not going to slither out of this one. No matter how you slice it, he's screwed and will never see the light of day again.

Another thought ... Camblos signed on before the abduction charge was even brought. I wonder what he's thinking now? Attempted capital murder (and I'm sure to come) at least 2 more capital murder charges? Bet he wishes he'd never answered that phone call ......

They are boxing him into a corner. If he agrees to a plea in the rape case, then he in essence admits to Morgan's murder. And if forensic evidence connects Hannah's case to the rape and Morgan ...
So he really has no option but to go to trial for the rape, unless charges are brought in Morgan's and Hannah's cases, then they may offer him a plea to avoid the death penalty because he can certainly be charged for capital murder in those two cases. If tried and convicted on attempted capital murder and other charges, that can be used against him in the penalty phase of Morgan's and Hannah's cases.

I think it's very telling that the Fairfax chief and prosecutor said time and again how they are coordinating with police in Albermarle/Charlottesville. The police are getting their ducks in a row and I am confident this monster is not going to slither out of this one. No matter how you slice it, he's screwed and will never see the light of day again.

Another thought ... Camblos signed on before the abduction charge was even brought. I wonder what he's thinking now? Attempted capital murder (and I'm sure to come) at least 2 more capital murder charges? Bet he wishes he'd never answered that phone call ......

I was thinking the very same thing.

Attachments

• morgan-necklace1-325x266.jpg
    morgan-necklace1-325x266.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 648

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads