MS MS - Shondra May, 17, Forest, 4 Feb 1986

anneoakley63

Reaction score
Shondra May was 17 years old when she went missing after leaving work at McDonald's in Forest, Mississippi. She was found on her 18th birthday, by hunters, in a creek. Her murder has never been solved. Does anyone have updated information on this? This happened in late 1985 or early 1986. I can't remember the exact date, but I was pregnant with my youngest child at the time and she is now 19. I moved away from there shortly after this happened and can't find any information on it. Several people were questioned but no one was ever arrested. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

Excellent post. Yes, you put it in the right place.
A lot of times with these older murders the only way you can find info is to go to the library or newpaper and look for archived news articles. Unless someone has started doing some kind of research on the case, the older ones won't be online, because they weren't put into computer that far back. For a fee I think sometimes the library or newspaper will do the search for you. It depends on their policies. You might also check the SSA death index to see if she is on it, to determine the date of death.

welcomegroup.gif

mysteriew said:
Excellent post. Yes, you put it in the right place.
A lot of times with these older murders the only way you can find info is to go to the library or newpaper and look for archived news articles. Unless someone has started doing some kind of research on the case, the older ones won't be online, because they weren't put into computer that far back. For a fee I think sometimes the library or newspaper will do the search for you. It depends on their policies. You might also check the SSA death index to see if she is on it, to determine the date of death.

welcomegroup.gif

Mysteriew....Maybe a dumb question...but what is the SSA, and can you view it online for free? I am assuming it is Social Security, but what does the A stand for?

Thank you for the information. This was a very sad case. There were a lot of "rumors" surrounding her death, but nothing definitive was ever shown. In small towns, it can sometimes be almost impossible to get anything done. She went to our church on several occasions and was a very nice girl. I'd love to see this case reopened.

Thank you again!

I have heard that this case is being investigated by a new person at the Mississippi Highway Patrol. I went to school with Shondra in Mississippi. I moved away from the area but always kept her and her family in my prayers and wondered what ever happened to this case. I moved back to MS and have lived here for 11 years now. I hope that this new person investigating this case will help her family find who committed this crime and bring the person/persons to justice; this will certainly help Shondra's family find some closure to her untimely death.

Thanks Sharamie!

This case has bothered me since it happened. There were so many rumors that it was hard to tell fact from fiction. I would love for them to find DNA that they could use to finally close this case, give her family some closure and allow her to rest peacefully. It was such a tragic loss. Please keep me updated.

anneoakley63 said:
Shondra May was 17 years old when she went missing after leaving work at McDonald's in Forest, Mississippi. She was found on her 18th birthday, by hunters, in a creek. Her murder has never been solved. Does anyone have updated information on this? This happened in late 1985 or early 1986. I can't remember the exact date, but I was pregnant with my youngest child at the time and she is now 19. I moved away from there shortly after this happened and can't find any information on it. Several people were questioned but no one was ever arrested. I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
I'm from Mississippi and I rememember the case but vaguely. I was really young when this happened but I thought her name was Chandra May. You know what, I was just thinking about this case recently but was unable to find any info on it.

at the time of Shondras case.I offered my services for free because the case really bothered me.The judge put a gag order on this case.To this day I dont know why.Ive written to Unsolved mysteries and Americas Most Wanted many times over the years about MS May.But have never received a response.

I was Shondra's school counselor when she disappeared. It was a horrible, tragic crime. I have kept a file on the news articles over the years, but that is all the info I could find. Those few articles can be obtained by a Google search.
Her murder has haunted me for 20+ years. I am now retired, and I would like to spend some time researching this case. Just1ce, if you are interested, email me.
It's a pleasure to finally get to post on Websleuths. I have been a lurker for a long time!

I was a private investigator.I offered my services at the time to Shondra May's Stepfather and mother.But got no response.The local judge put a gag order on the case.Since then I havent been able to find out anything after.This was a pure tragegy.A young girl being murdered in a small town like Forest and no one saw anything.Ive written to Unsolved mysteries and Americas Most Wanted several times over the years.But nether show picked up on the story.Something didnt seem right about this case.Either there was a coverup.Or the local PD didnt try hard enough

I could not find much online about Shondra May.
There are archived articles at the Scott Cty Library, but I was unable
to access them.
There is a reference to her on google, but no info when on that site.

I did email the local newspaper, hoping they would have some archived newspaper articles.

I was Shondra's school counselor when she disappeared. It was a horrible, tragic crime. I have kept a file on the news articles over the years, but that is all the info I could find. Those few articles can be obtained by a Google search.
Her murder has haunted me for 20+ years. I am now retired, and I would like to spend some time researching this case. Just1ce, if you are interested, email me.
It's a pleasure to finally get to post on Websleuths. I have been a lurker for a long time!
=============================================

Welcome jokie7348:
Is there any chance you could post those articles on WS?

Or scan the articles and then post?

I am trying to track down more information.

from google search:
''''''''''''''''''''JHLS CL Indexes - 1985-94 T
Jury sees him in shackles; mistrial declared, 5/19/94, 4B; To be questioned in 1986 slaying of Shondra May, 2/11/94, 4B. Trest, Jerry Glenn SEE ALSO May, ...
www.jhlibrary.com/reference/cl_indexes/t.htm - Cached - Similar

I could not access this information at jhlibrary.com

Dreamweaver, you are fabulous! Yes, if you tell me how to post what I have, I will be glad to do it. It might take me awhile as I have recently moved and it will require going through some boxes.
Thanks for all you have already done to explore this case.

I would love to hear more about this case too. I was only 18 when this terrible crime occurred, and it really bothered me to see a young girl around the same age as me, in my local area, murdered this way. It still bothers me. I am also unable to locate anything on this case on-line, or in the local newspapers on-line archives. I would love to see this case brought back up and investigated. That girl deserves justice.

Dreamweaver,
I finally found the information I have on Shondra. Should I scan it in or summarize it and cite where it came from?

I have sent the information I have to Dreamweaver to read and possibly give some pointers on where and how we can research. She may choose to post the information here, or I can do that if it's OK to post.
I have written emails to the Scott County newspaper and to the current Scott County sheriff. I haven't heard from either.
There is more information than just in Scott County however; since her body was found in Hinds County and the state police also worked on this case, I'm sure there are records there. I just don't know how to go about finding them.
Still determined to try to find Shondra's killer. I think about her every day.
Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone posts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back