835 users online (127 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

Australia - Ben Reddich, 21yrs, Karana Downs, QLD, 19th Oct 2014

Tributes have started to flow for a young bodybuilder presumed drowned in the Brisbane River.

Police and SES are continuing to search the river at Karana Downs, near Mount Crosby, after 21-year-old Ben Reddich went missing on Sunday afternoon.

It is believed he was trying to retrieve a ball but did not resurface.

In recent years, Mr Reddich developed a keen interest in bodybuilding, competing in his most recent show a month ago after making his debut in 2013.

<modsnip>

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz3GjcEeerG

ben-reddich-4.jpg

ben-reddich.jpg

ben-reddich-3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by marlywings; 10-21-2014 at 06:25 AM. Reason: only 10% of reports allowed as per WS rules
    All posts are My Opinion Only

Lover holds on to hope as Brisbane River search continues for lost swimmer at Karana Downs

THE girlfriend of a man feared drowned west of Brisbane on Sunday was last night holding on to hope he would still be found alive.

Ben Reddich, 21, disappeared at a popular fishing spot when he entered the Brisbane River to retrieve a soccer ball on Sunday afternoon at Kookaburra Park, Karana Downs.

Witnesses said the bodybuilder almost made it to the opposite bank before he went under and failed to resurface.

Members of the group he was with, celebrating nearby, quickly jumped in but were unable to locate their friend.

Yesterday his girlfriend Danielle Jonston posted a heartfelt message to his Facebook timeline.

<modsnip>

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1227096651524
    Last edited by marlywings; 10-21-2014 at 06:20 AM. Reason: only 10% of reports allowed as per WS rules

Found deceased -

Police have located the body of a 21-year-old man who had entered the Brisbane River from Kookaburra Park.
    Just after 11am Queensland Water Police officers located the body about one nautical mile toward Colleges Crossing from where he went missing.
    Investigations are continuing into this incident and police will be preparing a report for the coroner.

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014...-karana-downs/

Oh giosh. Looks like he was found just 30 minutes after I posted this