GUILTY Canada - Remains of 6 infants found, Andrea Giesbrecht charged, Winnipeg, Oct 2014

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
Developing story
Three or four bodies were found Monday afternoon in various states of decomposition, said police spokesman Const. Eric Hofley.

Autopsies are planned on the remains to determine exactly how many there are and the cause of death, he said. The autopsies will also determine their age.

Hofley said the bodies were newborns or someone “of a very young age.” They were “certainly not children,” he said, calling the situation “very disturbing” and “tragic beyond belief.”

“All that information will hopefully be determined as the days progress. We will have further information tomorrow [Wednesday], I do know that for a fact.” More at link.

I just don't understand this. Babies just seem disposable these days. SMH

I'm wondering if these could have been First Nations children who were in the foster care system.

Truly sad for these babies. If anything they will get a proper burial.

I'm wondering if these could have been First Nations children who were in the foster care system.

Sounds like they were newborns, so they wouldn't have been in the foster care system. IMO, they likely all belong to whomever owned the storage unit.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/winnipeg-p...nts-in-storage-locker-1.2063685#ixzz3Goeafpiw

Last Updated Tuesday, October 21, 2014 2:48PM EDT

"WINNIPEG -- Police say the discovery of as many as four dead infants in a storage locker is "tragic beyond belief" but it was not yet clear Tuesday if the deaths were homicides.

Const. Eric Hofley said concerned employees at the storage locker company in northwest Winnipeg called police Monday afternoon. Once inside, he said, officers found what appeared to be the remains of the babies.

"It was the state of the remains that drew the attention of the employees," Hofley told a news conference. "The remains were in a state such as it's not obvious yet exactly whether we are dealing with four separate remains or three. That will be determined at autopsy."

There is another thread of the same nature. The two should be combined.
My heart goes out to these babies.

"Sources told CBC News it's a "gruesome scene" like something from a horror movie. It isn't clear how long the bodies had been in the locker.

Barrington Francis, who rents a storage unit in the same facility, said he learned of the grisly discovery on the news Tuesday morning.

"I didn't expect to get up in the morning and hear that four infants are dead in a storage unit. That's bizarre and I don't know how that even happens," he said.

"How does that even happen, when you sneak four infants into a storage unit and nobody sees it, nobody knows?"
Storing human remains illegal, police say

Hofley said members of the Winnipeg Police Service's child abuse unit are investigating, and depending on where that leads, members of the homicide unit could join in"

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...g-storage-unit-tragic-beyond-belief-1.2807312

I was also wondering if they were first nations, but it didn't cross my mind that they were in foster care. I also wonder, each time there is a female death of a first nation person, even those confirmed to be victims of their own family, if the number of "murdered and missing first nation females" is increased.

I am commenting before reading all the linked material completely so bear with me. This

quote caught my eye and grabbed my grey matter. Is it possible that this storage unit was being use to hide/store medical waste from abortions or something similar.

"It was the state of the remains that drew the attention of the employees," Hofley told a news conference. "The remains were in a state such as it's not obvious yet exactly whether we are dealing with four separate remains or three. That will be determined at autopsy."
It's not clear how the infants died, how old they were or even if they were full term, he said. But the victims appeared to be "very, very young" and could be newborns.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/winnipeg-p...nts-in-storage-locker-1.2063685#ixzz3GpIfj2tT
So far my first guess is that this is the storage unit of a private individual who gave birth (living or dead) to these infants and was hiding pregnancy therefore hid remains. Second guess is the medical waste of unauthorized late term abortions. Okay now off to read the rest.

So far my first guess is that this is the storage unit of a private individual who gave birth (living or dead) to these infants and was hiding pregnancy therefore hid remains. Second guess is the medical waste of unauthorized late term abortions. Okay now off to read the rest.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think your first guess is by far the more plausible. Abortion is free in Winnipeg and the laws are extremely liberal. It's a geographically large city with many, many points of river and unmonitored dumpster access. If the corpses were indeed from 'back alley' abortions, whoever decided to dispose of them that way would have been so hopelessly unintelligent and mentally ill that I have a hard time imagining that multiple women would approach that person to conduct a termination.

I think that if they don't get a confession quickly, DNA evidence will show if the corpses are related, and likely draw a direct line to their mother.

I think your first guess is by far the more plausible. Abortion is free in Winnipeg and the laws are extremely liberal. It's a geographically large city with many, many points of river and unmonitored dumpster access. If the corpses were indeed from 'back alley' abortions, whoever decided to dispose of them that way would have been so hopelessly unintelligent and mentally ill that I have a hard time imagining that multiple women would approach that person to conduct a termination.

I think that if they don't get a confession quickly, DNA evidence will show if the corpses are related, and likely draw a direct line to their mother.

Thanks for the info, I hadn't considered the easier dump places like bodies of water, etc. The snipped quote seemed to indicate newborn sized infants that were in such disarray they could not easily determine three or four sets of remains. Made me think they might be disarticulated. Sorry if too graphic.

No problem. I should have got the link. Sorry..
I think it would take an unstable person. To hide a baby like this. 1 I could see maybe if there was says sids or another accident type scenario. Like the parent was young. But there are 3-4.
What by law do obortion clinics have to do with the remains now a days? Back in the 50's the incinerated them) (My grandma had a stillborn at 5months) someone one performs I these procedures without a license or illegally (maybe acmed student earning extra money)they would have a better way to dispose of the remains as they wouldn't want to be caught.
Seems like this is not happening a lot in North America.

Glad LE are receiving counseling, it must have been a horrible sight.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/10/21/22020631.html

"In his 14 years as an officer, Hofley said he has never seen a case such as this.

Counseling is being provided by the Winnipeg Police Service for officers.

"Absolutely for all involved, whether it be the employees of the business or officers or emergency personnel, (it's) very disturbing, tragic. What the outcome is after the investigation is complete remains to be seen."

six?! oh my, off to read about charges.

I just read about the 6. Wow.I am wondering if there will be more looking into storage containers.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back