895 users online (107 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Andrea Giesbrecht, accused in dead infants case, seeks bail

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...bail-1.2855804

Bail hearing delayed. Her lawyer, Greg Brodsky, asked for the delay on Monday, saying he wants to see the results of the autopsies on the remains first.

Giesbrecht's bail hearing is now set for Dec. 16.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...case-1.2855804

http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/201.../#.VM38z5U5DIU

'"Brodsky said preliminary autopsy results suggest the remains are "ancient" — from between eight and 10 years ago. Maggots from the Winnipeg storage locker have been sent to British Columbia to determine exactly how old the remains are, he said.''

a hearing date for bail has not been re-set
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    http://www.nationalnewswatch.com/201.../#.VM38z5U5DIU

'"Brodsky said preliminary autopsy results suggest the remains are "ancient" — from between eight and 10 years ago. Maggots from the Winnipeg storage locker have been sent to British Columbia to determine exactly how old the remains are, he said.''

a hearing date for bail has not been re-set
    This breaks my heart even more, to think those bodies just sat there for years and years. And having to analyze maggot evidence - it's just unthinkable. It seems to be taking so long, and I really pray for a just finding in this case.
    IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think this whole situation is tragic. IMO she did not murder the infants rather they were stillborn or miscarried and she hoarded them moving them from storage locker to storage locker.

IF it does turn out that the remains are of ''stillborns'' ((as per her attorney)) it still creates an aura of unstable mental health JMHO.....
    Just My Opinion

I agree especially with the severe gambling issues she is reported as having.
    Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    IF it does turn out that the remains are of ''stillborns'' ((as per her attorney)) it still creates an aura of unstable mental health JMHO.....

It's sad that she has to hide behind lawyers for fear of prosecution and can't just tell her story and get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    It's sad that she has to hide behind lawyers for fear of prosecution and can't just tell her story and get it over with.
    I totally agree.
    I don't know what she loses by saying "my baby was stillborn, I was emotionally shattered, I didn't know what to do..." If the babies are hers, that is. Of course, I can't picture a reason she would have other women's stillborn babies in her possession.
    What makes me suspicious that there is something more criminal here is that I find it hard to believe that not only did she become pregnant that may times and kept it secret, but also that all those hidden pregnancies ended In stillbirth.
    Imo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Then there's the possibility she was running an illegal abortion business. We'll have to wait for the DNA results.

Quote Originally Posted by JayFriend View Post
    Then there's the possibility she was running an illegal abortion business. We'll have to wait for the DNA results.
    Not at all likely in Manitoba; in fact, so unlikely that I'd consider it impossible. One doesn't need to pay for an abortion here.

Quote Originally Posted by kdgdid View Post

good information at your link - thanks!
    Just My Opinion

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manito...ants-1.2950855

CBC News has obtained a search warrant for the storage locker at 175 McPhillips Street, as well as a list of what was seized...

It notes that officers were first called to the scene around 1:00 pm on Oct. 20, 2014 after a male U-Haul employee had called police, reportedly finding “squishy” items inside the locker. He said it was “very smelly” and thought a body might be inside.

Giesbrecht had been renting the locker since March 2014, but had not paid her bill. She owed $276.20. Staff entered the locker with a drill.

Case remanded until later this month http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...urce=d-tiles-1

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast