700 users online (83 members and 617 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

New thread for Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5
    Last edited by LambChop; 10-21-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Justice for Travis! Prayers for his family and Juan Martinez...

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Note: For anyone (besides me) who was getting the security alert on Karas On Crime site, the warning has disappeared. I'm going to sign up when I have DH's PayPal info.

CNN, HLN still out on DishTV. I'm kind of glad because I'd be glued to it looking for updates on this trial. Is it a trial or a hearing? Fascinating either way.

To I just don't know: the last thread closed before I could reply to you. You said you didn't believe she deliberately causes people pain because her focus is entirely upon herself.

Those two things aren't contradictory, though, IMO
    I believe she inflicts pain because it gives her pleasure to do so. The pleasure of having power over others. The pleasure of revenge, because in her mind, Travis' family is responsible for her being in trial.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    Markung my spot!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

Reviewing yesterday....

I'm convinced JA is largely responsible for the content of Nurmi's opening statement. That Travis loved her. That she was horrified she had killed the man she loved. What a sophomoric, high drama , delusional , nonsensical story. Hers.

Not to mention the vastly embellished tall tale of her father's abuse. Definitely reaching for the Baez defense on that one, eh?
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

Not contradictory at all, but I think that gives her too much credit. I think she stumbles along, making crap up and is too busy bolstering her position and statements by making even more crap up to even acknowledge the potential harm to anyone else. This whole thing is so sad on many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by TartLemon View Post
    CNN, HLN still out on DishTV. I'm kind of glad because I'd be glued to it looking for updates on this trial. Is it a trial or a hearing? Fascinating either way.
    Tart, it is the retrial for sentencing. The actual trial started yesterday. I believe it is scheduled to begin today,sometime between 9:30-10:00 am AZ time.

I think Jodi's intentions are somewhere in the middle. I don't know if she deliberately sets out to hurt them but I think when she does she gets enjoyment from it. She likes getting over on people and I think she likes knocking the Alexanders down a peg. Every time she does something that accomplishes that, whether it be getting them to remove their ribbons, contradicting their stories of Travis, making it sound like she was closer to Travis than they were, she derives a small bit of glee from it. So, is her goal to hurt them? Maybe, maybe not. Does she care when she does? Not in the slightest. Does she enjoy it when she causes them pain? Yes, she's a sociopath. I think that's a given. She knows they hate her. And to her it's just a game. She thinks anything they do they're just doing it to her just 'cause. They're haters. In her mind, anything they do revolves around her. She cannot comprehend what they're going through or that there simply they're to support their murdered loved one and see justice done. She is playing a game that no one else is playing.
    Last edited by MeeBee; 10-22-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    "He who introduces KY into the relationship is no abused virgin." - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by MeeBee View Post
    I think Jodi's intentions are somewhere in the middle. I don't know if she deliberately sets out to hurt them but I think when she does she gets enjoyment from it. She likes getting over on people and I think she likes knocking the Alexanders down a peg. Every time she does something that accomplishes that, whether it be getting them to remove their ribbons, contradicting their stories of Travis, making it sound like she was closer to Travis than they were, she derives a small bit of glee from it. So, is her goal to hurt them? Maybe, maybe not? Does she care when she does? Not in the slightest. Does she enjoy causing when she causes them pain? Yes, she's a sociopath. I think that's a given. She knows they hate her. And to her it's just a game. She thinks anything they do they're just doing it to her just 'cause. She cannot comprehend what they're going through. She is playing a game that no one else is playing.
    Ita
    She is a total sadist,enjoys getting off on hurting people and seeing their pain.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by Ijustdontknow View Post
    Not contradictory at all, but I think that gives her too much credit. I think she stumbles along, making crap up and is too busy bolstering her position and statements by making even more crap up to even acknowledge the potential harm to anyone else. This whole thing is so sad on many levels.
    I can agree with you, I think her personality defect makes her so self-centered that others' feelings and the impact of what she does/says doesn't even register with her. I also think you have to have empathy to know or care how your actions affect others, and I don't think she's capable of that either.

Quote Originally Posted by jamiect View Post
    Tart, it is the retrial for sentencing. The actual trial started yesterday. I believe it is scheduled to begin today,sometime between 9:30-10:00 am AZ time.
    Is the only way to follow this twitter? And who's twitter account is the best at reporting the details as they are happening?
    **All Posts Are My Opinion Only Unless a Link is Provided **

I'm one of the few, but I like Nurmi and think he's doing a great job. With this nightmare of a client, he'll be a winner if there is no DP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    To I just don't know: the last thread closed before I could reply to you. You said you didn't believe she deliberately causes people pain because her focus is entirely upon herself.

Those two things aren't contradictory, though, IMO
    I believe she inflicts pain because it gives her pleasure to do so. The pleasure of having power over others. The pleasure of revenge, because in her mind, Travis' family is responsible for her being in trial.
    We have seen and watched JA long enough to know she revels in inflicting pain on others. She does it with purpose each and every time. It shows how cold and calculating she is.

That is why as an afterthought she threw the abuse into the mix and the false pedophilia claim. She was strategizing on how to hurt the victim and his family the most. She means to hurt everyone she hurts. No one gets away from the wrath of a sociopath. They are always thinking of calculating ways to grind victims into the dirt. They will even do it to someone they have slaughtered like Arias did Travis.

She knows very well how to hurt the Alexander family and she also thinks the false claims against Travis will destroy his character. She does everything decisively. Slaughtering Travis was never enough for Arias. She had to take other steps to punish him even in death.

She is calculating and diabolical. She is fully cognizant of every hurt she imposes on others.

BTW, every time I read what Juan said in court I always hear the "Rocky' theme song in my mind. Gosh I wish we could see him in action again. And this time he is going to let it all come out no matter if Nurmi objects a gazillion times. JM is going to show the jury the REAL JA.

And Nurmi looks much older and haggard than last time from the photo I have seen of him. But struggling to work with someone like Arias would take a toll on anyone I suspect.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast