Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice for Travis! Prayers for his family and Juan Martinez...

Note: For anyone (besides me) who was getting the security alert on Karas On Crime site, the warning has disappeared. I'm going to sign up when I have DH's PayPal info.

CNN, HLN still out on DishTV. I'm kind of glad because I'd be glued to it looking for updates on this trial. Is it a trial or a hearing? Fascinating either way.

To I just don't know: the last thread closed before I could reply to you. You said you didn't believe she deliberately causes people pain because her focus is entirely upon herself.

Those two things aren't contradictory, though, IMO
I believe she inflicts pain because it gives her pleasure to do so. The pleasure of having power over others. The pleasure of revenge, because in her mind, Travis' family is responsible for her being in trial.

Markung my spot!

Reviewing yesterday....

I'm convinced JA is largely responsible for the content of Nurmi's opening statement. That Travis loved her. That she was horrified she had killed the man she loved. What a sophomoric, high drama , delusional , nonsensical story. Hers.

Not to mention the vastly embellished tall tale of her father's abuse. Definitely reaching for the Baez defense on that one, eh?

Not contradictory at all, but I think that gives her too much credit. I think she stumbles along, making crap up and is too busy bolstering her position and statements by making even more crap up to even acknowledge the potential harm to anyone else. This whole thing is so sad on many levels.

CNN, HLN still out on DishTV. I'm kind of glad because I'd be glued to it looking for updates on this trial. Is it a trial or a hearing? Fascinating either way.
Tart, it is the retrial for sentencing. The actual trial started yesterday. I believe it is scheduled to begin today,sometime between 9:30-10:00 am AZ time.

I think Jodi's intentions are somewhere in the middle. I don't know if she deliberately sets out to hurt them but I think when she does she gets enjoyment from it. She likes getting over on people and I think she likes knocking the Alexanders down a peg. Every time she does something that accomplishes that, whether it be getting them to remove their ribbons, contradicting their stories of Travis, making it sound like she was closer to Travis than they were, she derives a small bit of glee from it. So, is her goal to hurt them? Maybe, maybe not. Does she care when she does? Not in the slightest. Does she enjoy it when she causes them pain? Yes, she's a sociopath. I think that's a given. She knows they hate her. And to her it's just a game. She thinks anything they do they're just doing it to her just 'cause. They're haters. In her mind, anything they do revolves around her. She cannot comprehend what they're going through or that there simply they're to support their murdered loved one and see justice done. She is playing a game that no one else is playing.

I think Jodi's intentions are somewhere in the middle. I don't know if she deliberately sets out to hurt them but I think when she does she gets enjoyment from it. She likes getting over on people and I think she likes knocking the Alexanders down a peg. Every time she does something that accomplishes that, whether it be getting them to remove their ribbons, contradicting their stories of Travis, making it sound like she was closer to Travis than they were, she derives a small bit of glee from it. So, is her goal to hurt them? Maybe, maybe not? Does she care when she does? Not in the slightest. Does she enjoy causing when she causes them pain? Yes, she's a sociopath. I think that's a given. She knows they hate her. And to her it's just a game. She thinks anything they do they're just doing it to her just 'cause. She cannot comprehend what they're going through. She is playing a game that no one else is playing.

Ita
She is a total sadist,enjoys getting off on hurting people and seeing their pain.

Not contradictory at all, but I think that gives her too much credit. I think she stumbles along, making crap up and is too busy bolstering her position and statements by making even more crap up to even acknowledge the potential harm to anyone else. This whole thing is so sad on many levels.

I can agree with you, I think her personality defect makes her so self-centered that others' feelings and the impact of what she does/says doesn't even register with her. I also think you have to have empathy to know or care how your actions affect others, and I don't think she's capable of that either.

Tart, it is the retrial for sentencing. The actual trial started yesterday. I believe it is scheduled to begin today,sometime between 9:30-10:00 am AZ time.

Is the only way to follow this twitter? And who's twitter account is the best at reporting the details as they are happening?

I'm one of the few, but I like Nurmi and think he's doing a great job. With this nightmare of a client, he'll be a winner if there is no DP.

To I just don't know: the last thread closed before I could reply to you. You said you didn't believe she deliberately causes people pain because her focus is entirely upon herself.

Those two things aren't contradictory, though, IMO
I believe she inflicts pain because it gives her pleasure to do so. The pleasure of having power over others. The pleasure of revenge, because in her mind, Travis' family is responsible for her being in trial.

We have seen and watched JA long enough to know she revels in inflicting pain on others. She does it with purpose each and every time. It shows how cold and calculating she is.

That is why as an afterthought she threw the abuse into the mix and the false pedophilia claim. She was strategizing on how to hurt the victim and his family the most. She means to hurt everyone she hurts. No one gets away from the wrath of a sociopath. They are always thinking of calculating ways to grind victims into the dirt. They will even do it to someone they have slaughtered like Arias did Travis.

She knows very well how to hurt the Alexander family and she also thinks the false claims against Travis will destroy his character. She does everything decisively. Slaughtering Travis was never enough for Arias. She had to take other steps to punish him even in death.

She is calculating and diabolical. She is fully cognizant of every hurt she imposes on others.

BTW, every time I read what Juan said in court I always hear the "Rocky' theme song in my mind.:D Gosh I wish we could see him in action again. And this time he is going to let it all come out no matter if Nurmi objects a gazillion times. JM is going to show the jury the REAL JA.

And Nurmi looks much older and haggard than last time from the photo I have seen of him. But struggling to work with someone like Arias would take a toll on anyone I suspect.

IMO

Is the only way to follow this twitter? And who's twitter account is the best at reporting the details as they are happening?

Yes pretty much. But Beth Karas is live reporting from her website and she's probably the best to follow.

A lot of us will be posting the tweets here if you want it all in one place.

Some good twitter people to follow are:

Jen's Trial Diaries
Monica Lindstrom
Troy Hayden
Nancy Grace
Erick Davidson
Beth Karas

You can also search #jodiarias on twitter to find any other relevant tweeters.

Totally agree. I think the "pain" caused is a byproduct of whatever else she is doing. She is trying to take care of her own needs, with no regard for the affect on anyone else. That's a different agenda, and very typical of someone with BPD. My friend's daughter has BPD (diagnosed) and she doesn't go out of her way to cause pain to others, but she's self-destructive and lacks boundaries and the pain is caused because people care about her. Then again, she hasn't murdered anyone, so she's hasn't caused physical harm/pain, just the emotional variety.

I'm one of the few, but I like Nurmi and think he's doing a great job. With this nightmare of a client, he'll be a winner if there is no DP.

Nurmi's not so bad. He's doing what he can and for someone who wants out of there he sure is fighting for her.

Good Morning all. I tried to catch up last night on yesterday's tweets but I did not make it.
I HAVE TO WORK TODAY---- this is mainly me yelling at myself -- and not get so engrossed in this current trial - whatever you call it.

Will be checking in for updates.

Have a great day!!!

If she doesn't get death I don't think it will have one thing to do with Nurmi, although he will take the credit no doubt.

If they don't give her death as she deserves then it once again shows that females are treated far differently in the justice system than males who have committed same like crimes or crimes that weren't even as heinous as this one was.

Females have long been skirting death row when the cases showed that is exactly where they should have been sent.

Nurmi bores me to sleep. So I am glad that I don't have to watch him go on and on and on and on in this part of the case.

However; I would suffer through it if I could see Juan in action once again and not have to wait until the verdict is rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie