Hannah Graham: Body Recovered, 18 Oct, 2014 **Awaiting Forensic Confirmation** #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Police Sources: Hannah Graham's Body Found
Updated: Sat 5:41 PM, Oct 18, 2014

Police sources confirm the body of Hannah Graham was found Saturday afternoon at Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County.

A female body that was found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday afternoon has been confirmed to be that of missing UVA student Hannah Graham.

Albemarle County Police will be making a statement shortly.

The video of that press conference will be carried live, streaming here on newsplex.com and will be live on WCAV CBS19.

Details to follow on this breaking story.
BREAKING NEWS: Remains found in park; Hannah Graham's parents notified by police
By The Associated Press
October 18, 2014 - 10:55 am

Remains were found in Walnut Creek Park in Albemarle County Saturday and the parents of missing UVA student Hannah Graham have been notified.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2014/1...missing-uva-student-108218.html#ixzz3GXLLYHDs

Brought over from the press conference thread:

search team sheriff dept search abandoned property
discovered human remains
PD phoned family to share the preliminary discovery
Forensic testing will be done confirm ID
investigation complicated
unlikely we will have more information to share
we know you will be patient and respectful
there will come a time for more info but that is not today
thanking all who worked hard officials and volunteers alike
thanks EMS and SAR volunteers
thanks to Mark of EMS for his team's work
investigative process presevering evidence and evidence collection
remains will be taken for autopsy and ID
death investigation
no further details will be released about scene or evidence found thereon
county will lead the death investigation due to body being located
c/fied county sheriff dept. made discovery
remains to Richmond autopsy
now death investigation
al co. will lead
Steve Sellers says it was a Chesterfield Police Dept made the discovery. They are collecting and preserving evidence. Autopsy and official identification will be done. It's a death investigation, so specifics and evidence at scene will not be discovered. Same agency is lead in both Morgan Harrington case and Hannah Graham case.

Discovery is significant discovery. They will not jump to conclusions about discovery.

Thanks to everyone who helped to transcribe the PC.

Please continue here, also remember to stay on topic by checking the thread titles and posting accordingly.

:tyou:

Hoping we get the news on identification of the remains today! It seems like an eternity since Saturday ... how must it be like for her family and friends? Heartbreaking.

Question - the rumor cropped up that the skull had no teeth. Is there a link or credible source to support that as a fact?

It would be great if each case had a sticky thread with a (numbered or bulleted) summary listing facts known about the case as well as the links to those facts.

Question - the rumor cropped up that the skull had no teeth. Is there a link or credible source to support that as a fact?

I think that was purely speculation...thinking that would be the reason that identification was taking as long as it is.

“The remains will be taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond for examination, autopsy and official identification,” Albemarle Police Chief Steve Sellers said. “Because the remains were located in Albemarle County, our agency is now the lead on the death investigation portion of this case.”

http://wtvr.com/2014/10/18/hannah-graham-update/

I think that was purely speculation...thinking that would be the reason that identification was taking as long as it is.

This may be a crazy idea, but what if it's not Hannah? What if it's another missing woman? What if LE is keeping things quiet while they work to uncover multiple sets of remains?

Honestly, while I think it's probably Hannah, I can see the scenario above as being plausible. JM appears to be a serial killer. Why wouldn't he have bodies hidden everywhere? It's a horrible, ghastly thought. :(

MOO JMO

This may be a crazy idea, but what if it's not Hannah? What if it's another missing woman? What if LE is keeping things quiet while they work to uncover multiple sets of remains?

Honestly, while I think it's probably Hannah, I can see the scenario above as being plausible. JM appears to be a serial killer. Why wouldn't he have bodies hidden everywhere? It's a horrible, ghastly thought. :(

MOO JMO

IMO this is Hannah. I do believe there are other Victims. As to where they are? They very well could be in the same area. Appears JM had a "comfort zone" IMO.

It would be great if each case had a sticky thread with a (numbered or bulleted) summary listing facts known about the case as well as the links to those facts.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/briefing-on-hannah-graham-case/29215060

CBS affiliate WTVR talked to a Chesterfield County search team member who described Saturday's discovery. (Click here to see the video.) Dale Terry of the Chesterfield County Sheriff's Office said the remains were found in a dried-up creek bed behind an abandoned home on Old Lynchburg Road. Terry says investigators found a skull and bones in the creek bed, along with a pair of tight-colored dark pants.

"There was not any crushing of any bones, as far as skull or anything like that. Everything looked intact to me, from what I could see," Terry said.

Subscribing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. It is a rumor born from speculation about the delay in making an ID.

By the way, the media thread serves as an excellent source for facts. However, if anyone is willing to volunteer to maintain a list of quick facts, we can open a sticky for that purpose.

All I have seen about "no teeth" is speculation on WS because people thought dental ID would be fast. I think it is not only rumor, but not likely. JMO.

I was thinking about how he picked the location to leave the body and here are some ideas. First, if he apparently thought Old Lynchburg Road was a good spot but he'd nearly reached the end. Had he gone much further then he'd either had to turn around (and maybe he did) or find a new road.

Second he'd taken Hannah about as far from Charlottesville as he had Morgan. Both even in the same general direction. So perhaps that was about the limit of his patience for finding a spot. Or that both were generally in an area he was somewhat familiar with. If there are additional victims then I'd tend to guess they're in that same general area.

Third, the house was supposed to be an assisted living facility at one time. Even if it never opened there's the possibility he was job hunting and visited it previously. It would be interesting to know why he left his previous job (the one near the site of Morgan's t-shirt).

IMO this is Hannah. I do believe there are other Victims. As to where they are? They very well could be in the same area. Appears JM had a "comfort zone" IMO.

I agree about comfort zone in Albemarle, but given the Fairfax charges, he didn't seem to have trouble getting comfortable elsewhere.

I wonder if LE is delaying public announcement of the ID to make JLM sweat.

I was thinking about how he picked the location to leave the body and here are some ideas. First, if he apparently thought Old Lynchburg Road was a good spot but he'd nearly reached the end. Had he gone much further then he'd either had to turn around (and maybe he did) or find a new road.

Second he'd taken Hannah about as far from Charlottesville as he had Morgan. Both even in the same general direction. So perhaps that was about the limit of his patience for finding a spot. Or that both were generally in an area he was somewhat familiar with. If there are additional victims then I'd tend to guess they're in that same general area.

Third, the house was supposed to be an assisted living facility at one time. Even if it never opened there's the possibility he was job hunting and visited it previously. If would be interesting to know why he left his previous job (the one near the site of Morgan's t-shirt).
The area also has 3 vacant houses in a row, plus buffered in the back, better for privacy.
I keep thinking that he had about 15 minutes of driving time to find a location before his victim came to, as I believe they were either drugged or punched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah