Former Palm Springs home of Elvis sold, price and buyer a mystery

zwiebel

Reaction score
A public auction of one of Elvis Presley's former homes in Palm Springs, California, has been canceled. A buyer made a pre-aution offer that was accepted. The buyer of the home, at 845 W. Chino Canyon won't be revealed for 30 days. The original bidding price was set at $3m but was dropped as the auction neared to $1.59m. The exact amount it sold for isn't known yet though. Apparently, it needs renovation.

It's an Albert Frey designed house that was first sold to Frankie Valli after the death of Elvis.

'Court documents show that US Bank National Association bought the foreclosed property at a Sept. 17, 2013, public auction for $1.7 million.
Presley bought the four-bedroom, seven-bathroom, home in 1970 for $105,000 and owned the property for seven years.'

(I'm confused about all those bathrooms. Is that normal there?).

http://www.desertsun.com/story/mone...3/elivs-presley-home-auction-called/17779515/

Interesting - it looks like in the past there has been a little competition - and customer confusion - between the Palm Springs home Elvis and Priscilla stayed in for their honeymoon, and the house they actually owned there.

Here is the house they owned that's just sold, anyhow. You've missed your chance to take a peek though, the tours have been shut down.

http://www.elvispalmsprings.com/Five_Star_Adventure_Tours/The_Presley_Estate.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 36
A public auction of one of Elvis Presley's former homes in Palm Springs, California, has been canceled. A buyer made a pre-aution offer that was accepted. The buyer of the home, at 845 W. Chino Canyon won't be revealed for 30 days. The original bidding price was set at $3m but was dropped as the auction neared to $1.59m. The exact amount it sold for isn't known yet though. Apparently, it needs renovation.

It's an Albert Frey designed house that was first sold to Frankie Valli after the death of Elvis.

'Court documents show that US Bank National Association bought the foreclosed property at a Sept. 17, 2013, public auction for $1.7 million.
Presley bought the four-bedroom, seven-bathroom, home in 1970 for $105,000 and owned the property for seven years.'

http://www.desertsun.com/story/mone...3/elivs-presley-home-auction-called/17779515/

may have had a guest house with a couple of bathrooms
as well as the cabana for the pool --
one for garage --
two ensuites for master
ensuites for each bedroom
and powder rooms

yep I can see that ......

This Google map view show the property surprisingly larger than the other pics look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 36

the bathroom number sounds about right........if.....you have a lot of parties.

may have had a guest house with a couple of bathrooms
as well as the cabana for the pool --
one for garage --
two ensuites for master
ensuites for each bedroom
and powder rooms

yep I can see that ......

gewone is correct. The multiple toilets are for people who do a lot of formal entertaining. We normal folks here in Palm Springs make do with one or two.

I believe the home that sold is where Elvis and Priscilla spent their honeymoon. As someone else said, the house where Elvis actually lived off and on for 7 years sold not too long ago.

(For those who don't know the geography, Palm Springs is 110 miles due east of Los Angeles, about a day's drive before I-10 was built. That's why it became "playground to the stars": they could cavort here at will, out of the prying eyes of tabloid photogs. Nowadays, a car can drive to Sedona, AZ, in the same time or one can simply fly to Maui or Utah. We still have more than our share of celebrities, but they tend to come here to rest quietly at home; most of the night clubs are long closed.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back