1335 users online (273 members and 1062 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

MS - Hancock Co., 'Rosa Doe' 414UFMS, 32-42, May'03 - Asenath Woodin

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/414ufms.html

I couldn't really find anymore info about her other than on doe network.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 12-11-2013 at 12:59 AM. Reason: fixed link

Unidentified White Female AKA: Rosa Doe

The victim was discovered on May 21, 2003 in Northern Hancock County, Mississippi
    Estimated Date of Death: 3 days - 3 weeks

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 32 - 42 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5’1” - 5’4".
    Dentals: Extensive Dental work including crowns and porcelain veneers.
    Clothing: Her clothing had been burned off. Jewerly: two gold bands on her right hand, and on her left thumb, she wore a silver-tone “heart” shaped ring with a hollowed-out center.
    AKA: Rosa Doe

Case History
    The victim was located in the Nasa Buffer Zone area of Northern Hancock County, Mississippi on May 21, 2003.
    Investigators believe it is possible that she was a transient & this was a drug deal gone bad. The area is known to have transients and crack addicts. She had been seen at truck stops around the I-10 & I-12 area of Louisiana. Unlike most addicts, at one point in her life, she had spent a lot of money on dental work including crowns and porcelain veneers.
    It is possible that she was killed either in Louisiana or Pearl River County, MS and was brought to Santa Rosa for disposal.
    Three possible suspects have been interviewed regarding the death of "Rosa Doe" , but no charges have been made against anyone yet.

The Doe Network: Case File 414UFMS
    Agency Case Number: 03-07192
    NCIC Number: U-350004590

If you have any information about this case please contact: Hancock County Sheriff's Office, Investigator Rita Blaize-Watson 228-467-0325

Source Information:
    Hancock County Sheriff's Office

Link:
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/414ufms.html

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    I wonder if this photo was circulated among dentists in Mississippi and Louisiana? Maybe one of them would recognize her if they did her work. Also, if a copy of everything she had done accompanied the photo, that would be a big help in getting her recognized by dentists.

Is there anyone that does work like this? Would the ADA be willing, do you think, to help out in instances like this, where there is extensive work and a reconstruction?

MS - Rosa Doe, Unidentified White Female, 32-42, died May 2003, LA or MS

Rosa Doe, Unidentified White Female, 32-42, died May 2003, LA or MS

The victim was discovered on May 21, 2003 in Northern Hancock County, Mississippi
    Estimated Date of Death: 3 days - 3 weeks

Vital Statistics
    Estimated age: 32 - 42 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5’1” - 5’4".
    Dentals: Extensive Dental work including crowns and porcelain veneers.
    Clothing: Her clothing had been burned off. Jewerly: two gold bands on her right hand, and on her left thumb, she wore a silver-tone “heart” shaped ring with a hollowed-out center.
    AKA: Rosa Doe

Case History
    The victim was located in the Nasa Buffer Zone area of Northern Hancock County, Mississippi on May 21, 2003.

Investigators believe it is possible that she was a transient & this was a drug deal gone bad. The area is known to have transients and crack addicts. She had been seen at truck stops around the I-10 & I-12 area of Louisiana. Unlike most addicts, at one point in her life, she had spent a lot of money on dental work including crowns and porcelain veneers.

It is possible that she was killed either in Louisiana or Pearl River County, MS and was brought to Santa Rosa for disposal.

Three possible suspects have been interviewed regarding the death of "Rosa Doe" , but no charges have been made against anyone yet.

The Doe Network: Case File 414UFMS
    Agency Case Number: 03-07192
    NCIC Number: U-350004590

If you have any information about this case please contact: Hancock County Sheriff's Office, Investigator Rita Blaize-Watson 228-467-0325

Source Information:
    Hancock County Sheriff's Office

Link:
    http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/414ufms.html

Updated Link...

Bumping case up. I posted this two years ago and there have been 215 views of it, but no further posts. Below is an updated Link:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/414ufms.html

Still open...

It has been five years since I first posted this case. Unfortunately, she is still unidentified and the case is still open and unsolved.

I see her image but can they describe the hair color? I can't tell if that is dirty blond, brown or what.

I was looking at NAMUS and unfortunately under dental information most say on file or not available without describing any dental work done.

I have several questions regarding this case. First off, do they know for sure she was a transient? Did they report any drugs found in her system? Just because she was found in an area frequented by addicts and transients doesn't necessarily mean she IS/WAS a transient/addict. Unless they have some proof that she was....which I only have read about the assumption that she was.

Any reason she is called "Rosa Doe"? Is she of Hispanic decent...or am I missing something. (an assumption I make when I hear the name Rosa)

Rule-outs from Namus

Brenda Snouffer 1962 Florida
    Gwendolyn Suchy 1954 Texas

Some resemblances from the UID drawing...

Melinda McGhee http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...e_melinda.html
    Angela Fullmer- Circumstances don't add up...but for what it is worth http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...er_angela.html
    Barbara Laster http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...r_barbara.html
    Last edited by masnitram; 11-07-2010 at 10:42 PM. Reason: ruleouts from Namus added

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post
    I have several questions regarding this case. First off, do they know for sure she was a transient? Did they report any drugs found in her system? Just because she was found in an area frequented by addicts and transients doesn't necessarily mean she IS/WAS a transient/addict. Unless they have some proof that she was....which I only have read about the assumption that she was.
    the Doe Network page says she had been seen at truck stops in Louisiana so we can all draw our own conclusions from that.

Quote Originally Posted by webrocket View Post
    the Doe Network page says she had been seen at truck stops in Louisiana so we can all draw our own conclusions from that.
    Thanks! Always a good idea to re-read the info

I guess it depends on what she was "seen" doing while at the truck stops then. Fair enough...

Thanks! Always a good idea to re-read the info

I guess it depends on what she was "seen" doing while at the truck stops then. Fair enough...
    That, sadly, makes me worry that maybe they didn't try all that hard to find out who she is. Middle-aged prostitute with a drug problem, happens all the time, too bad but here comes the next case...
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    That, sadly, makes me worry that maybe they didn't try all that hard to find out who she is. Middle-aged prostitute with a drug problem, happens all the time, too bad but here comes the next case...
    I found the whole report to be shockingly cruel honestly; which is why I suppose how I missed the part about her being seen at truckstops. I was shocked by the numerous mentions to transients and addicts...not necessarily in regards to where she was found, but regarding who she was.

I found the whole report to be shockingly cruel honestly; which is why I suppose how I missed the part about her being seen at truckstops. I was shocked by the numerous mentions to transients and addicts...not necessarily in regards to where she was found, but regarding who she was.
    If she had been seen at more than one truck stop in the area, she could have been a local, too. I know of quite a number of women in my area who go to the truck stops to pick up some cash when the rent is due, or to trade sex for drugs.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

Any reason she is called "Rosa Doe"? Is she of Hispanic decent...or am I missing something. (an assumption I make when I hear the name Rosa)
    This is local to me, so I can answer this one. I've worked at the NASA site for years now, and when Rosa was found, I worked at the local newspaper (though I was not the reporter on this story).

When NASA Stennis Space Center was constructed in the early 1960s, several small towns were located within the area that would become known as the "buffer zone" (the area around the site where no habitation is allowed). The towns are all gone now, but they still use the names of them to refer to some areas.

Rosa Doe was found in an area that was once the town of Santa Rosa, hence her name. No hispanic heritage that I'm aware of.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast