1101 users online (176 members and 925 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NY - Derrell Miller, 22, Greece, 21 October 2013

Derrell Miller

City man has been missing for a year
    As Derrell Miller was leaving his mom's house on Arch Street in the late afternoon of Oct. 21, 2013, he turned to her and said he'd see her later. "And then, we ain't heard nothing from him. I called his cell phone, left him messages on Facebook, I texted him and I didn't get a response and that's not like him," Gwendolyn Brooks said Thursday in her living room on Shafer Street. It's been a year now, and there's still no word on what happened to her son, who was 22 on the day he disappeared. "Even if his phone's dead, he'd charge it just to call me back."
    Brooks and Miller's four siblings and other family members have been diligent about getting out in the community to make sure he isn't forgotten. They keep putting out fliers even though, Brooks said, someone keeps pulling them off the telephone poles and they released balloons on his birthday and on Father's Day. On Tuesday night they held a vigil at School 20 on Oakman Street, near where Miller's car was found by police last year. "He was a family person, he loved his family and loved being around his kids, his brothers and sisters, his grandmother," said Brooks. Miller has two sons and two daughters, now living with their mothers in Florida.
    "My son wasn't perfect, but at the end of the day he was still my son," said Brooks. "He was my son, somebody else's father, and somebody's grandchild. My son used to be out on Clinton, you know. And I never asked what he did on the streets because I didn't want to know, but I feel like if he didn't disappear, if something didn't happen to my son he would have found a way to get back to me so something had to happen."
    His family is convinced he was abducted and killed, but they still want to know for sure.
    http://www.democratandchronicle.com/...sing/17863781/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wow a year already - his family is in turmoil.
    Here's the FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-...11301228916234

Derrell's NamUs entry

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24096/
    Status Missing
    First name Derrell
    Middle name L
    Last name Miller
    Nickname/Alias Smoke
    Date last seen October 20, 2013 00:00
    Date entered 04/05/2014
    Age last seen 22 to years old
    Age now 23 years old
    Race Black/African American
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 74.0
    Weight (pounds) 225.0
    Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
    DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
    Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available