NY NY - Derrell Miller, 22, Greece, 21 October 2013

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Derrell Miller
-rocbrd04-12-2014dandc1a01020140411imgderrellmiller.jpg112u71k.jpg

City man has been missing for a year
As Derrell Miller was leaving his mom's house on Arch Street in the late afternoon of Oct. 21, 2013, he turned to her and said he'd see her later. "And then, we ain't heard nothing from him. I called his cell phone, left him messages on Facebook, I texted him and I didn't get a response and that's not like him," Gwendolyn Brooks said Thursday in her living room on Shafer Street. It's been a year now, and there's still no word on what happened to her son, who was 22 on the day he disappeared. "Even if his phone's dead, he'd charge it just to call me back."

Brooks and Miller's four siblings and other family members have been diligent about getting out in the community to make sure he isn't forgotten. They keep putting out fliers — even though, Brooks said, someone keeps pulling them off the telephone poles — and they released balloons on his birthday and on Father's Day. On Tuesday night they held a vigil at School 20 on Oakman Street, near where Miller's car was found by police last year. "He was a family person, he loved his family and loved being around his kids, his brothers and sisters, his grandmother," said Brooks. Miller has two sons and two daughters, now living with their mothers in Florida.

"My son wasn't perfect, but at the end of the day he was still my son," said Brooks. "He was my son, somebody else's father, and somebody's grandchild. My son used to be out on Clinton, you know. And I never asked what he did on the streets because I didn't want to know, but I feel like if he didn't disappear, if something didn't happen to my son he would have found a way to get back to me so something had to happen."

His family is convinced he was abducted and killed, but they still want to know for sure.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/2014/10/25/derrell-miller-greece-missing/17863781/

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24096/
Status Missing
First name Derrell
Middle name L
Last name Miller
Nickname/Alias Smoke
Date last seen October 20, 2013 00:00
Date entered 04/05/2014
Age last seen 22 to years old
Age now 23 years old
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Height (inches) 74.0
Weight (pounds) 225.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back