JLM: What Do We Know About Him? - #3

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Who is Jesse Leroy Matthew, Jr.? What do we know about him?

NOTE: DO NOT post personal information about his family and friends

Prediction time. Will he change his hair for court?
If he keeps dreads he looks like the Jesse that killed Hannah. If he loses them, he looks like the Jesse from the Fairfax rape sketch. Either way...

I've said this on other threads, so forgive me for repetition. While some of this may be true, I have a really hard time with the notion that the 2002 rape accusation triggered future heinous act. The 2002 rape, IMO, was a heinous act. He was already a rapist.

I want to explore this idea about women being the root of JLM losing something major in his life. ( angst ) I think in his mind that having to let go of that dream of playing football started at Liberty University with the sexual assault accusation followed by the loss of the full scholarship and no longer able to attend LU. That all happened in 2002 when his Mother lived off of Old Lynchburg Road on Ponderosa Trail and the same year that his Mother and his Father divorced. We have no idea how she handled the news about LJ but I would venture to say that she was at the very least disappointed. Think about JLM psychologically and if he blamed his Mother at all for the divorce then you have the perfect storm of events that triggerd an intrinsic motive for these hanneous acts.( 48% of studied serial offenders report having suffered some form of rejection as children - this is an approximate percentage, I'm still looking for the research)

I've said this on other threads, so forgive me for repetition. While some of this may be true, I have a really hard time with the notion that the 2002 rape accusation triggered future heinous act. The 2002 rape, IMO, was a heinous act. He was already a rapist.

I agree. I think most people would have had the college not prevented a criminal case.

Hannah would be alive today had they not. Morgan as well, as his DNA would have been on file and he would have been in a fairfax county jail.

Okay, so I will go with what we know about JLM at Liberty University on 10/17/02 he was kicked out and lost his football scholarship after sexually assaulting a female student that morning prior to 4 am when she was taken to the hospital. No formal charges were filed against him by the Commonwealth Attorney of Lynchburg, due to lack of evidence. The Commonwealth's Attorney at that time was William G Petty, who is now one of VA's Appellate Court Judges. (This is just pure speculation during his tenure: many felt that he let Jerry Falwell slide on many white crime incidents and would put an African- American behind bars for petty theft.) He must have been well liked most in Lynchburg because he was the CA for longer than anyone else and maintained a solid enough reputation to become an Appellate Court Judge in 2006. So JLM transfers to CNU in Newport News,VA in January 2003 and is accused of sexual assault on 9/7/03 and then kicked off the football team on 9/12/03 and then the school in October 2003. The victim did not press charges and there were no physical injuries were reported. Now we now that JLM is connected to MH and she was last seen on 10/17/09 and he is connected to HG and she was last seen on 9/13/14. The Fairfax rape and attempted Capital Murder on 9/24/05 was connected to JLM and he has been charged in this matter. The one thing that just doesn't make sense here is that these dates are all coincidences. How could they be and how do they fit together to finish the story of JLM......

I'd like to find out where he has traveled. Where else has JM been? I'm skeptical that he just commits these crimes in the fall. My opinion is that MH and HG were crimes of opportunity, but the other rapes, not so much. He has gotten bolder, and that makes me wonder how much has he really gotten away with so far. LE probably has cast a wide net looking for other connections. I'd review his work attendance records as a start.

I agree with you and am extremely interested in his travels and schedule which means the LE is digging deep and wide. As much as it pains me to write this about the area where MH and HG were abducted from, it would be considered the land of opportunity on any given night from the day school starts in August until it ends in May. I know this because I had children that were recent graduates and lived in the same area where HG did. I felt like there was a false sense of security on the campus at UVA like they were living in Mayberry.

If he keeps dreads he looks like the Jesse that killed Hannah. If he loses them, he looks like the Jesse from the Fairfax rape sketch. Either way...

The rate for rape and assault Charlottsvile, Va is slightly higher than the national average

That can mean that JLM could be the reason for the slightly higher numbers. but it would be interesting to note.

As well, the stats indicate that JLM is not alone in committing these crimes.

I just had my car inspected. The African American man had dreads, mustache, facial hair to the chin and cheeks, and had chubby cheeks. Very nice man with a large family and respectful.

The reason I am commenting is to state that this is a common style for men. Perform a Google search and click on image an you will see this. The DNA is the key match but the descriptions need to more objective. To me it would be equivalent to saying "Blonde braided hair" or "black braided hair". There are many people matching this description that could also have similar popular features.

The other idea to consider about the uniqueness of JLM crime and how he fits with similar types of crime in the US.

You may look up information specifically for the state of Virginia or Charlottsville at this link
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/va/charlottesville/crime/

Charlottesville violent crimes

MURDER RAPE ROBBERY ASSAULT
REPORT TOTAL 2 18 51 131
RATE PER 1,000 0.05 0.41 1.16 2.98

Population 313,914,040
United States violent crimes

MURDER RAPE ROBBERY ASSAULT
REPORT TOTAL 14,827 84,376 354,522 760,739
RATE PER 1,000 0.05 0.27 1.13 2.42

or nationally at this link

This report in 2013 highlights important information concerning rape/sexual assault in the US from 1994 to 2010.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvsv9410.pdf

The good news is that rape/sexual assault has declined by more than 50% between 1994 to 2010. I don't know how the numbers for nonreported rapes/sexual assault are estimated. This is a highlight of the report

HIGHLIGHTS

1. From 1995 to 2010, the estimated annual rate of female
  2. rape or sexual assault victimizations declined 58%, from
  3. 5.0 victimizations per 1,000 females age 12 or older to
  4. 2.1 per 1,000.
  5. In 2005-10, females who were age 34 or younger, who lived
  6. in lower income households, and who lived in rural areas
  7. experienced some of the highest rates of sexual violence.
  8. „
  9. In 2005-10, 78% of sexual violence involved an offender
  10. who was a family member, intimate partner, friend, or
  11. acquaintance.
  12. In 2005-10, the offender was armed with a gun, knife,
  13. or other weapon in 11% of rape or sexual assault
  14. victimizations.
  15. The percentage of rape or sexual assault victimizations
  16. reported to police increased to a high of 56% in 2003 before
  17. declining to 35% in 2010, a level last seen in 1995.
  18. The percentage of females who were injured during a rape
  19. or sexual assault and received some type of treatment for
  20. their injuries increased from 26% in 1994-98 to 35% in
  21. 2005-10.
  22. In 2005-10, about 80% of female rape or sexual assault
  23. victims treated for injuries received care in a hospital,
  24. doctor’s office, or emergency room, compared to 65% in
  25. 1994-98.
  26. In 2005-10, about 1 in 4 (23%) rape or sexual assault victims
  27. received help or advice from a victim service agency

I'd like to find out where he has traveled. Where else has JM been? I'm skeptical that he just commits these crimes in the fall. My opinion is that MH and HG were crimes of opportunity, but the other rapes, not so much. He has gotten bolder, and that makes me wonder how much has he really gotten away with so far. LE probably has cast a wide net looking for other connections. I'd review his work attendance records as a start.

I don't get the sense he traveled all that much. Just from what we know about him and his family. They don't seem to have had a lot of money and he stayed in Va for both colleges. JMO though.

And I do think he primarily stuck to the Fall for his crimes. Just too many coincidences from the crimes we believe he's connected to. Maybe there were some outliers, but I personally think the Fall football season and the timing of that 02 rape accusation have something to do with his MO. Again, JMO.

I agree. I think most people would have had the college not prevented a criminal case.

Hannah would be alive today had they not. Morgan as well, as his DNA would have been on file and he would have been in a fairfax county jail.
This is a great and fertile subject to probe. Do we know why they thought they didn't have enough evidence to bring the case to court? I pray, pray, pray it was just not the most expedient and least damaging route for the college to take.
How can we further research this allegation and its disposition?

He is so evil. He is the first person that causes a physical reaction in me when I see his image. I cannot imagine that anyone could see him and think that he was trustworthy ~ unless he had first taken action to alter their consciousness.

I don't get the sense he traveled all that much. Just from what we know about him and his family. They don't seem to have had a lot of money and he stayed in Va for both colleges. JMO though.

And I do think he primarily stuck to the Fall for his crimes. Just too many coincidences from the crimes we believe he's connected to. Maybe there were some outliers, but I personally think the Fall football season and the timing of that 02 rape accusation have something to do with his MO. Again, JMO.

He is seemingly "missing," though for at least the year 2004 (or maybe he just didn't have a car or a job that anyone is yet aware of). And, from pictures, we know he's traveled out of state at least once. Beach Week for his senior year of high school and/or college wouldn't be an expensive trip, either. Maybe even a quick trip to NY/NJ for a weekend with some buddies.

He is so evil. He is the first person that causes a physical reaction when I see his image. I cannot imagine that anyone could see him and think that he was trustworthy ~ unless he had first taken action to alter their consciousness.

Not being facetious here, but lots of people have seen him, known him and thought he was trustworthy. I'm recalling the news article about the young ladies getting a ride in his cab. I think also some posters here have said that he looks just like a regular guy, and that's why this case is so creepy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back