WV WV - Cindy Ball, 36, Parkersburg, 22 October 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
e2b26426-ecc1-4a28-afc3-c7793a49de41_zps6daa8a15.jpg

http://www.wboy.com/story/26888810/hunters-find-body-of-missing-woman-in-remote-area-of-wirt-county

Hunters found the body of a missing woman in a remote area of Wirt County Friday afternoon... Cindy Ball of Parkersburg was reported missing Thursday night, troopers said. Her body was found on private property near Sugar Camp Road Friday afternoon.

Troopers said she suffered a gunshot wound to the back of her head. They said they do not believe she was killed at that location. So far, no one has been taken into custody but we are told troopers do have persons of interest in mind.

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/he...tigating-Disapperance-of-Woman-280313942.html

The 38-year-old was first reported missing by her brother Thursday night. Investigators now say she was last seen Wednesday night.

Her car was found at the Overtime Sports Bar on Emerson Avenue. Her purse still inside...

On Sunday Ball posted on Facebook about a man stealing things from her car, then later on, according to the post, he slashed all four of her tires. Investigators are also looking into that.

This is awful. I hope they catch the murderer soon. Sounds like they have a POI. Such a senseless tragedy.

This happened in my hometown.... She was also victim of domestic violence, per her FB postings and from her friends and family. There is also a FB page called Justice for Cindy Ball, and Cindy was 36, not 38. Her Autopsy is scheduled for today, but the State Police said that she was shot in the back of the head, at a different location and dumped at Sugar Camp. Her EX BF has ties to Sugar Camp...... The State Police have a few POI.....

We have a lot of hunter back home, but where she was found was on Privet Property... I'm putting my money on the EX BF......

http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20141112/DM02/141119667

Troopers have had a suspect in the death of Cindy Ball for more than a week but have yet to release his name because the investigation is ongoing. He said the man, who is someone Ball knew, is not cooperating with the investigation. The suspect has not been charged.

“He’s not making any statements whatsoever,” Snodgrass said. “He’s exercising his right to an attorney and he’s exercising his right to remain silent"...

“We feel that this person had help after the fact,” Snodgrass said. “This accessory after the fact may have assisted him in covering up the crime. We’re not getting any cooperation from them.”

It's been 2 years. We can't let this stay a cold case!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

News has just reported that WVSP may soon be presenting evidence on this case to the grand jury. Wasn't a lot of info in the report, but they also have evidence to present in another murder case in the area.

So hopefully that's two cases about to be solved.

The TV station hasn't updated their website yet, but the story may appear there after 7pm or so. ... Well it was just updated: http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content...oon-be-presented-to-grand-jury-405076716.html

West Virginia State Police say they now have the evidence they need to present both cases to the Wood County Grand Jury.

"I've said all along it was important to us to go the the grand jury, go into the courtroom with confidence it was a case we could win," Sgt. W.K. Marshall said Tuesday. "I feel we're at that point right now."
Sgt. Marshall says the names of the suspects will be made public once the grand jury makes its report.

Wood County Prosecutor Jason Wharton could not comment on the status of both investigations.

The next regular grand jury meets January 9th.

News has just reported that WVSP may soon be presenting evidence on this case to the grand jury. Wasn't a lot of info in the report, but they also have evidence to present in another murder case in the area.

So hopefully that's two cases about to be solved.

The TV station hasn't updated their website yet, but the story may appear there after 7pm or so. ... Well it was just updated: http://www.thenewscenter.tv/content...oon-be-presented-to-grand-jury-405076716.html

I sure hope both of these cases are solved! They both break my heart. What the heck is my town coming to?

Grand Jury meets tomorrow, Jan. 9th!

The news was slow in coming. 78 people were indicted by the grand jury Jan.9th.

Absent from the list were indictments relating to the deaths of 38-year-old Cindy Ball and 19-year-old Caitlyn Ferree, both of Vienna.

It's been five years since the shooting death of Vienna resident Cindy Ball and many wonder why her case remains unsolved.

Ball was found shot to death by hunters in the woods near Sugar Camp Road in Wirt County on October 24, 2014. It was determined she died from an apparent gunshot wound to the back of the head.

The 38 year old was first reported missing by her brother. Her car was found at the Overtime Sports Bar on Emerson Avenue with her purse still inside.

As the investigation surpasses its five-year anniversary, police still haven't made any arrests, named a suspect(s), or presented the case to a grand jury.

Why?

West Virginia State Police said in past interviews that they want to make sure they have enough information to present a solid case to a jury.

While community advocate and host of the 'Mile-marker 181' Podcast Emily Nestor agrees, she also adds that fear is a factor in the case still being unsolved.

"I think a lot of it comes down to fear and I think a lot of it comes down to possibly even distrust with the police", said Nestor.

Nestor adds that Cindy's death is an 'open secret' and that the only way to bring justice to her family in addition to law enforcement's investigation, is for the community to come forward with information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back