1110 users online (215 members and 895 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - One-year-old found abandoned in stroller, New Orleans, 25 Oct 2014

One year old found in stroller on street saturday approx 5:00pm. Police canvases neighborhood, can not find parents.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loca...nopd/17941807/
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Are they intentionally not saying if the baby is a little boy or a little girl. I can't really tell from the photo but I think it is a boy by the clothing. Poor baby. I hope that an extra nice family steps up to care for this baby.
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

I have to say... better abandoned than murdered, as so often the case here. The baby will have a chance at a decent life!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleA View Post
    Are they intentionally not saying if the baby is a little boy or a little girl. I can't really tell from the photo but I think it is a boy by the clothing. Poor baby. I hope that an extra nice family steps up to care for this baby.
    Dailymail article says the baby is a boy.
    I still haven't seen an update.
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigga View Post
    I have to say... better abandoned than murdered, as so often the case here. The baby will have a chance at a decent life!
    So true, at least whoever abandoned this baby had some sort of empathy within to give this child a chance in life, however of course I disagree with the act itself.

Or maybe something happened to the mother?
    "The opinion prevailed among advanced minds that it was time that belief should be replaced increasingly by knowledge; belief that did not itself rest on knowledge was superstition, and as such had to be opposed." - Albert Einstein

There haven't been reports that anyone in the area knows the baby. That is odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    There haven't been reports that anyone in the area knows the baby. That is odd.
    That is what is making me wonder about the parent or guardian of the child. Could a homeless woman have had a child and something happened to her on the street? I suppose that anything is possible. Was it a newer stroller? Are the clothes grungy or clean? Is the child healthy? Normal development? So many questions.

It seems the media took a while to follow up

The mother of the baby arrived at the Sixth District Police station on Oct. 25 around 11 p.m. The mother said that she asked a friend to watch the baby during the time the child was left alone.

No charges have been filed against the mother. Police are in the process of finding the woman who was caring for the baby at the time
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/270164...bandoned-child

I just can't decide if this is good news or bad news for the baby.

New Orleans, LIVING infant abandoned in stroller, 1, Oct '14

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...incart_m-rpt-2

The NOPD is searching for the parents or guardian of a young child left in a stroller in the 2600 block of Martin Luther King Boulevard on Saturday afternoon (Oct. 25).
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-forward.html

He was wearing jean shorts and a navy blue shirt at the time, and has curly black hair.
    Photos at links.

I'm not buying this story. Six and half hours go by without checking on your baby? Right. 11pm before she strolls into the police department? And really who knows how long prior to him being found that he was there.

The mother of the baby arrived at the Sixth District Police station on Oct. 25 around 11 p.m. The mother said that she asked a friend to watch the baby during the time the child was left alone.

The boy who was found abandoned Oct. 25 at 4:30 p.m on the 2600 block of Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard.

http://www.fox8live.com/story/270164...bandoned-child

Could be she worked shifts. It's possible she really is innocent in all of this.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. While I am a lawyer, I am not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.