GUILTY AR - Naomi Nichols, 2, raped & murdered, Fort Smith, 15 Oct 2014

borndem

Anglophile & registered demwit
Reaction score
[h=1]Police Investigate Death Of 2-Year-Old River Valley Girl
[/h]http://5newsonline.com/2014/10/23/police-investigate-death-of-2-year-old-river-valley-girl/

nichols-van-buren-girl.jpg
nichols-van-buren-girl-2.jpeg

From linked article above:

FORT SMITH (KFSM) – Fort Smith police are investigating the death of a two-year-old girl after she was admitted to a local hospital with “suspicious” injuries last week, according to the Fort Smith Police Department.

I just saw this when I was reading details on Jersey Bridgeman. I'm hoping someone from this area in Arkansas knows something about this. If this thread does not "go anywhere," I apologize. This is just another one of those disturbing pieces of news that we all see too dayam often.

Okay - we're live in the courtroom for the jury question, I ASSume.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/man-arrested-on-rape-charges-after-suspicious-toddler-death/29464466

Fort Smith police have arrested Cohen J. Davis on rape charges after a 2-year-old girl died at a local hospital...

Her body was sent to the Arkansas State Crime Lab. Police said the medical examiner found evidence of sexual assault.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/10/31/f...raped-2-year-old-girl-hours-before-her-death/

Naomi Nichols died Oct. 15 after being taken into Sparks Regional Medical Center in Fort Smith with severe internal injuries and bruises all over her body...

Naomi later died from her injuries in an operating room despite several attempts by medical crews at resuscitation, according to the arrest warrant...

Following Naomi’s death, three other children in the home — aged seven, five and four — were taken into Arkansas Department of Human Services custody.

Thanks, Detective OkieG -- I have been away from things for a couple of days, and I have just logged in here, but you have had your nose to the ground!

Why is this latest MSM update, not a surprise? SMH. So totally THE SAME. What is it with people? And I would assume the other children are being checked for signs of abuse, certainly to include sexual as well as other physical scars, etc. Her uncle? Oh, these little children. And now there is yet another angel in heaven. I'm sure Heaven is glad to have them, but there are just too many up there. Just the ones we've seen here would fill a room.

Well, we'll just see where this goes, I guess. This is a tuff world. I'm hoping Naomi had many more happy days than scary, hurtful ones in her little short life. And I hope there are some folks who truly loved her while she was on this mortal coil. And hoping that LE will be careful with this one and that they will come down on him hard if the evidence points only to him. Grrrrrrr.
icon8.png

Thanks again, OG.

I am beyond heart broken over reading this. This poor, precious innocent baby girl. May justice be swift and may this man never see the light of day if he is proven guilty.

***Graphic details at link, proceed with caution***

http://swtimes.com/news/first-degree-murder-charge-brought-death-2-year-old-girl-fort-smith

A man previously charged with the rape of a 2-year-old girl is now charged with first-degree murder in her death. Cohen Davis, 24, was arrested for rape Oct. 30, after a state medical examiner observed extensive bruises and evidence of sexual assault, according to an arrest warrant affidavit...

Security footage outside the residence where Davis was with the girl showed no one else entered or left the residence for an hour before Davis came out with her “inert body” and took her to Sparks Regional Medical Center, according to an arrest warrant affidavit.

The girl’s bloody underwear were also found found in the trash outside the residence, according to the affidavit.

Another baby raper. Just inconceivable. Reading Websleuths will be the death of me.

RIP beautiful girl

ETA: and why is that freak smiling ? I hope that's not his mugshot.

I am not understanding why the two previous injuries and instances of abuse were reported to the STATE police. That seems odd to me. Is this normal in AR? I thought this would be handled by CPS or dept of human services, whatever they call it in AR and then if found to be abuse, criminal charges might be filed and police involved. Can someone help me understand this? And I wonder if there will be further arrests...was the uncle the one previously physically abusing her too?

If a person in any state does not feel comfortable reporting allegations to a local police department, anyone of us may report suspected or actual crimes to the state police, state bureau of investigations, or a local or regional FBI office.

***Graphic details at link, proceed with caution***

http://swtimes.com/news/fort-smith-police-reports-detail-injuries-2-year-old

A surgeon told Fort Smith police detectives the amount of force needed to cause the injuries that led to the death of a 2-year-old girl was equal to someone lying her on her back and stomping her with their heel as hard as they could, according to a police report.

Investigators also asked Davis about an Aug. 8 visit to the emergency room, when the girl was treated for a right arm fracture. “Cohen immediately got defensive and said ‘I’ve already been cleared of that,’” according to the report... Davis added that there were always some allegations being made against them unnecessarily...

A motion filed by Ozark attorney Ernie Witt, who is representing Cohen Davis, notified the court he intends to raise the mental disease or defect defense and asks for an immediate mental evaluation of Cohen Davis. The motion says Cohen Davis has been treated for PTSD by U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs doctors for more than three years and the VA awarded him an 80 percent disability rating for PTSD. Circuit Court Judge Michael Fitzhugh signed an order staying all further court proceedings until an examination is completed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back