1421 users online (296 members and 1125 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SD - Jacob Heisinger, 26, Brookings, 23 October 2014

Jacob Heisinger

Brookings Police search for missing 26-year-old man
    The Brookings Police Department is looking for the public’s help in locating a man last seen on Thursday. Police say Jacob Heisinger, 26, was last seen in downtown Brookings at around 1:40 am on Thursday October 23rd wearing a grey stocking hat, dark colored pants with and a black, white and red flannel-type shirt.
    http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/B...280596152.html
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

My first thought: Is there a body of water nearby?

They celebrate HOBO week there which is South Dakota Univ. homecoming week and from what i have read it is in that area. Also the family has said that is phone is either off or dead.

After releasing information Monday night, police received a new tip Tuesday morning that may help them find 26-year-old Jacob Heisinger.

Brookings police received information at 7:30 Tuesday morning from an employee at the Ag-First elevator in Brookings, leading them to believe Heisinger might be somewhere on the property.

Brookings Chief of Police Jeff Miller said "We hope our information is wrong."

Miller says police know that Heisinger was "in a business downtown on Wednesday night. That was the last that he was seen."

Heisinger was last seen at a local bar in Brookings, but police don't know if he had contact with anyone at the bar.
    Brookings police, fire and rescue, and other officials are following the tip and emptying thousands of pounds of corn bushels from the grain bin.

"13 trucks, that's where we're at right now, what's been off-loaded. We may only have to go part-way through the bin to make that determination, but we will exhaust every effort here to determine whether or not Jacob is there," said Miller.

But with the busy harvest season going on, officials will have to search through a lot of grain to make that determination.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...9368&Itemid=57

"Crews began emptying the bin, and with the help of Ag-First staff, they hope to have it all emptied at some point on Wednesday."

http://www.keloland.com/newsdetail.c...man/?id=171221

I sure hope this tip is wrong

His FB states he had a date that night (Oct 22). Although by the comments from his friends, I can't tell if he was kidding or not. Maybe the date didn't go well.

"Miller said there is no evidence of foul play in authorities’ search for Heisinger.

Heisinger lives close to the area that police are searching, and he may have been traveling from downtown to his home when he went missing. "

"Hartmann said that when the grain bin is in use, the only way for someone to get in is through the top. Since Thursday, a large amount of corn had been added to the bin.

The fire chief said he expects work at the bin to continue throughout today, and progress will move more slowly than Tuesday as the level of corn inside nears where it was last week. But he said he expected to be able to verify by the day’s end whether Heisinger is in the bin."

http://www.brookingsregister.com/v2_...story_id=22587

So the tip from the employee must have been JHs vehicle? Perhaps it had been abandoned there ? I haven't found any updates in MSM whether or not they found him today.

Quote Originally Posted by m_brown View Post
    So the tip from the employee must have been JHs vehicle? Perhaps it had been abandoned there ? I haven't found any updates in MSM whether or not they found him today.
    He was found deceased

Jacob Heisinger's body was found in an elevator in Brookings, police say.
    http://www.ksfy.com/home/headlines/B...-elevator.html

I find it so sad that on October 2 he posted on FB that he had been in an accident on that date seven years prior and had almost died. And now this October he is gone.
    Last edited by Unsolved; 10-29-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Thank you. Yes just saw this too. RIP Jacob

This is so sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsolved View Post

I find it so sad that on October 2 he posted on FB that he had been in an accident on that date seven years prior and had almost died. And now this October he is gone.
    Wow, how sad....RIP Jacob.

I was so hoping he wouldn't be in the bin. RIP Jacob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast