1139 users online (240 members and 899 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

CO - Paul Kitterman, 53, Denver, 23 October 2014 - #2

Missing Denver Broncos Fan Paul Kitterman 'Had His Fill of Football'

A Denver Broncos fan who vanished during last week's game only to be found five days later 90 miles away told police he left because he was sick of the game — and he even ditched his team cap.

Paul Kitterman, 53, "had his fill of football and decided to take a walk" in the middle of Thursday's game against the San Diego Chargers, said police in Pueblo, Colorado, where he was eventually found.

He wanted to go somewhere warmer and so he headed south, sleeping in trees and bushes along the way. He "even mentioned disposing of his Broncos hat as he did not want to be recognized," police said.

Vanished Broncos Fan Tells Police Why He Wandered Off
    Oct 29, 2014, 5:33 PM ET
    By MEGHAN KENEALLY via Good Morning America

A Colorado man who vanished at a Denver Broncos game, then turned up more than 100 miles away five days later, told police he "had his fill of football and decided to go for a walk," according to a police statement.

Paul Kitterman, 53, was "medically sound" when they found him in a K-Mart parking lot Tuesday, the Pueblo, Colorado, Police Department said.

"He wanted to walk 'somewhere warmer,'" the Pueblo police statement read. "Kitterman mentioned sleeping in treed areas and in bushes during his journey to Pueblo and even mentioned disposing of his Broncos hat as he did not want to be recognized."

Thread #1
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Daily Mail:

Father who vanished from Denver Broncos match 'doesn’t like crowds and is now in hospital recovering from a nervous breakdown'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...breakdown.html

I am so glad to see he is receiving medical attention. Bless him as he recovers.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Daily Mail:

Father who vanished from Denver Broncos match 'doesn’t like crowds and is now in hospital recovering from a nervous breakdown'

If this is true, I'm glad for him that he is getting help. It makes the whole story make a little more sense.

I've only been to one NFL game, but what I remember is that it is pretty difficult to actually follow the game and what's going on like you are able to do on TV with announcers interpreting every play. People bring radios/headphones to listen to announcers for this very reason. So, what you're left with, if you can't really follow the game (aside from touchdowns of course) is the crowd. Noise, action, movement. I can totally see how it could easily becoming overwhelming to someone who already doesn't like crowds. If he did go out into the concourse at halftime, the crowds were probably at their peak at that time, and he could have just snapped and thought, "I've gotta get the hell out of here!!"

Poor guy . I'm so glad he's safe.

I'm glad he's getting help,also.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Daily Mail:

Oh thank goodness! I hope they do a full neurological, psychiatric and physical workup. Sending him best wishes for good care and a speedy recovery.
    Unless I've provided a link, most of what I say is my own opinion. Sometimes, I'm thinking out loud and may explore avenues I don't necessarily think are true, but I'm always aware I could be wrong, so I check other stuff out.

From the Today Show:

Missing Fan may have never been lost:

http://www.today.com/video/today/56329158#56329158
    Look twice - Save a Life! Motorcycles are everywhere!

alreetlike is offline All human wisdom is summed up in these two words -- wait and hope
    Quote Originally Posted by TTF14 View Post
    If this is true, I'm glad for him that he is getting help. It makes the whole story make a little more sense.

I've only been to one NFL game, but what I remember is that it is pretty difficult to actually follow the game and what's going on like you are able to do on TV with announcers interpreting every play. People bring radios/headphones to listen to announcers for this very reason. So, what you're left with, if you can't really follow the game (aside from touchdowns of course) is the crowd. Noise, action, movement. I can totally see how it could easily becoming overwhelming to someone who already doesn't like crowds. If he did go out into the concourse at halftime, the crowds were probably at their peak at that time, and he could have just snapped and thought, "I've gotta get the hell out of here!!"

Poor guy . I'm so glad he's safe.
    I agree it is starting to make a little more sense. I can see him seizing the opportunity with the stepson at the men's room and the friends going back to their seats. He would've known they'd try to make him stay if he said he wasn't enjoying it (wouldn't we all?) so it was the opportune moment to leave. Obviously it spiralled out of control from there but I'm pleased he's receiving medical help.

Quote Originally Posted by alreetlike View Post
    I agree it is starting to make a little more sense. I can see him seizing the opportunity with the stepson at the men's room and the friends going back to their seats. He would've known they'd try to make him stay if he said he wasn't enjoying it (wouldn't we all?) so it was the opportune moment to leave. Obviously it spiralled out of control from there but I'm pleased he's receiving medical help.
    Right, but he could have gotten the keys to the vehicle and stayed there until the game was over, so it doesn't quite make sense, and to be missing for days, something's not right. He could have called his family and friends during any of those days he was missing. I am glad he is getting the medical attention that he needs.
    IMOO.

Paul's old friend is quoted in the Daily Mail article. It seems that his son and friends were correct in saying that Paul would not just leave irresponsibly. I'm glad he ran to Pueblo and not into a locked stairwell or closet. A panic attack (or nervous breakdown) and rational thinking are mutually exclusive IMO.

I really hope that everyone who was accusing him and mocking him on the internet are ashamed of themselves and will learn from this, not automatically thinking the worst of people or joking cruelly about their problems. (Sadly, that's probably not a realistic hope.)

BBM

He exclusively told MailOnline: ‘He’s like me, he doesn’t like crowds, he’s never been to a football match and I haven’t either.

‘Something just happened, he snapped. He likes the country, I was surprised he was even at the football.
    ‘Horse ranching and hunting - that’s what we do, that’s just how we are. We don’t even really know how to use cellphones.

‘He didn’t know who he was. He’d never let nobody down and never do this [knowingly]. I don’t want anybody to think he just wandered off.’
    Kitterman’s family released a statement today saying he ‘had some sort of breakdown’ but despite statements he was resting at home, he has actually been hospitalized.
    Case added: ‘Right now they are doing CAT scans on him. He’s kind of a little different right now, but he’s started to remember something.
    ‘He’s doing better, he looked like hell. I think he’s had a breakdown. A nervous breakdown, I don’t know, but he’s not himself.

FOUR YEARS IS 1460 DAYS TOO LONG!!
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE KNOWS SOMETHING! SPEAK UP!
    STEPHANIE ANNE WARNER, 43, RUCH, OREGON

MISSING & PRESUMED MURDERED July 4, 2013
    LENNIE AMES NAMED SUSPECT
    Anonymous Tips? Reward up to $1000
    Crime Stoppers of So. Oregon 800-850-0580

DISCUSSION:http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2#post10750872

Yes, good on the "medical attention" and all that, yet the possibility probability remains that Kitterman, in his right mind, willingly left behind son and friends, causing them undue worry after, perhaps, drinking too much. Is that off the table now? Are we responsible beings, or only collections of our possible symptoms and conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Treelights View Post
    Right, but he could have gotten the keys to the vehicle and stayed there until the game was over, so it doesn't quite make sense, and to be missing for days, something's not right. He could have called his family and friends during any of those days he was missing. I am glad he is getting the medical attention that he needs.
    IMOO.
    If he didn't know who he was, as his friend stated in the Daily Mail article, he couldn't have done any of those rational things IMO. If he had some kind of breakdown, all bets are off as to what he coulda/shoulda done during those five days. JMO

He has people who obviously care for him a great deal and he's in a safe place where he can be evaluated. That's all that matters. It's so rare that we have someone who's gone so long still be alive, I'm just happy with that.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Yes, good on the "medical attention" and all that, yet the possibility probability remains that Kitterman, in his right mind, willingly left behind son and friends, causing them undue worry after, perhaps, drinking too much. Is that off the table now? Are we responsible beings, or only collections of our possible symptoms and conditions?
    Anyone who has followed cases on WS with a mental illness component has learned that we can be both responsible beings AND have symptoms and conditions that cause us to do things we otherwise would not. Teleka Patrick and Leanne Bearden come to mind. The human mind is extremely complex. Adding alcohol to the mix doesn't negate or minimize what may have happened to Paul. It may well have tipped the balance in a direction he wouldn't normally have gone, but it sounds like this was much more than just an alcohol-fueled disappearance. As far as I'm concerned, that possibility is "off the table" until we hear otherwise. Compassion and kindness toward my fellow humans directs my thinking in this case (and I can be just as suspicious as the next WSer when the facts warrant it.) JMO

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    He has people who obviously care for him a great deal and he's in a safe place where he can be evaluated. That's all that matters. It's so rare that we have someone who's gone so long still be alive, I'm just happy with that.
    Very well said. Thank you.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast