Australia Australia - Linda Stilwell, 7, St Kilda, Melbourne, 10 Aug 1968

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
October 30, 2014

Notorious child killer Derek Percy abducted and killed seven-year-old schoolgirl Linda Stilwell, a coronial inquest found today.

The finding by Deputy State Coroner Iain West ended a 46-year wait for some form of justice for Linda’s grieving mother Jean Priest and her family.

But despite being questioned on his death bed in hospital last year, Percy continued his refusal to identify the location where he left Linda’s body, claiming he was not involved in her murder or could not recall it or other child mutilation murders he is suspected of carrying out.

“We just hope that eventually somebody will find Linda’s remains so that we can give her a decent funeral and show her the respect she deserved, rather than how it’s been left,” Mrs Priest said outside the hearing.

“But this has just been marvellous today. A sort of closure.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...-stilwells-death/story-fni0fee2-1227106839074

Child killer Derek Percy linked to 1968 murder of Linda Stilwell, 7, at St Kilda, Melbourne

October 30, 2014

DEREK Percy was Australia’s real life bogeyman.

The former naval sailor has been linked to the murders and disappearances of at least nine children in three states, including the Beaumont children, whose fate remains one of this country’s most enduring mysteries

Despite evidence placing him near the scene of each crime, Percy managed to escape conviction in all but one case, leaving relatives in never-ending limbo.

This morning, a coroner offered Jean Priest, the mother of Linda Stilwell, some comfort after finally ruling that Percy caused her daughter’s death 46 years ago.

Victorian Deputy State Coroner Iain West had already declared, at a previous hearing, that Percy had been seen in St Kilda on August 10, 1968, the day seven-year-old Linda went missing from the foreshore near Luna Park.

It is widely-believed that Percy was behind the still-unsolved Wanda Beach murders near Cronulla in Sydney’s Sutherland Shire in 1965.

Percy has also been linked to the mysterious disappearance of the Beaumont children, who vanished from the Adelaide suburb of Somerton Park on Australia Day 1966.

http://www.news.com.au/national/chi...-kilda-melbourne/story-fncynjr2-1227107265503

ommmgg yessssss :yesss:

This is awesome news...just awesome.

i hope they find Linda one day, but at least there's some answers now.

(i was so excited i posted in the wrong thread, lol )

i reckon he is the wanda killer, too. it just.. fits, exactly who & what he was, even back then.

What a sick *advertiser censored* not to own up to this case and god knows how many others when he was on his death bed its not like thier gonna take him back to jail he new he would be dead in a matter of days why not give it up . I have followed him quite a bit and i know he is responsible for many many more .Iam glad for the familly if this can give this any kind of relief but i don't know that it will to be honest My hope is that someone will now come forword and talk if they know something ...

Talk about coincidence.. Not long after I posted my post above, I had to call the ambos for my daughter, who we thought was having a really bad tonsillitis attack (turned out to be a bad case of mono..). ANYway. I'm in the front seat of the ambulance.. and I'm chatting with the ambo driver to keep myself calm while DD on painkillers dozed off in the back..

.. and we somehow get onto the topic of me sleuthing cold case crimes, and the driver brings Derek Percy up. Apparently, a mate of the driver's drove Percy to the hospital visit during which he died. Said he had the most horrible cold eyes.. And I was like, "omg, I was just commenting.. blah" and we discussed poor Linda.

It's beyond unbelievable that this monster could accumulate 20 years' worth of pedo-*advertiser censored* and sick murder fantasy writings, etc, and store them all *outside* the prison (in the hope he'd one day be released...). How does that even happen??

I believe Percy likely wrote about his murders in some fashion, so I hope to hell police have trawled through all that with a fine tooth comb looking for clues.. I believe they did find a few.. but I also believe that in 20 years' worth, there's bound to be a few more hidden in there somewhere. Perhaps the locations of his victims..

I'm so glad that hateful monster is dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back