Identified! GA - Atlanta, Skeletal Remains, brought home by dog, Oct'14 - Bryan Scott Mink

PastTense

Reaction score
Dog who came home gnawing on human bone tips Atlanta police to remains of missing body nearby

Two-year-old boxer Brix was in her driveway gnawing on a bone
Owner Mike Page thought the bone looked like it belonged to a human and called police
The medical examiner determined it was a tibia or a femur from a human being and called in cadaver dogs, which located a human skeleton nearby
The remains were in an advanced stage of decomposition, though police are checking missing persons reports to determine if there is a match
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Atlanta-police-remains-human-body-nearby.html

Not sure what thread to post this in? (In the News or Unidentified?)

Dog finds human remains: Owner spots dog gnawing on grisly find of femur bone

The two-year-old boxer dragged one bone home and left it on the porch. He later went out and brought home two more bones, leaving one on the living room couch and the other he left in the driveway of his owner's home, Mike Page. That is when Page first saw his dog gnawing on a large bone and he recognized it as possibly being a human bone. Because the bone was so large he knew it was the size of a femur bone, he said. Once Page realized what his dog had in his mouth, he called 911,

Police do not know if the remains are male or female. They do not know the age or race of the person whose remains these are and they also don't know how long the bones had been there. The investigation is on

http://www.examiner.com/article/dog-finds-human-remains-and-drags-them-home-owner-spots-dog-gnawing-on-femur

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/atlanta-man-dog-brings-home-human-bones-article-1.1993410

The bones were at the bottom of a ravine in a dilapidated neighborhood in northwest Atlanta and discovered Tuesday by the dog. The pup dropped the bones off one by one onto Mike Page’s porch and driveway before he called police.

It took a team of searchers and cadaver dogs to find the remaining bones and some clothing items at the ravine near the 600 block of John Creek and carry them out.

Thanks for the link. The first story was so poorly written it gave me a headache.

I cannot imagine how I would feel if my dog dragged home a leg bone. I wonder if the events happened the way it is written in the story. If he knew the first bone was human, why wait until the dog drags home two more before calling police?

I hope this find will bring closure to someone.

Thanks for the link. The first story was so poorly written it gave me a headache.

I cannot imagine how I would feel if my dog dragged home a leg bone. I wonder if the events happened the way it is written in the story. If he knew the first bone was human, why wait until the dog drags home two more before calling police?

I hope this find will bring closure to someone.
On the Daily Mail video it sounds like it was during the night. One bone was on the porch the other was in the driveway. He probably waited until daylight to call, the dog brought the bones up during the night. In the NYDaily news it sounds like he thought maybe they were human but was not sure... "He called Atlanta Police Department only to learn that the possible femur or tibia were indeed human."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back