934 users online (174 members and 760 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

AZ - Grandparents, uncle killed in child abduction, Queen Creek, 10 July 2005

Just heard on a Fox news alert! What in the He## is going on in this country!?!?

AZ-Amber Alert for 2 Missing Children

2 Kids Missing in Ariz. After 3 Found Dead

QUEEN CREEK, Ariz. — An Amber Alert (search) was issued for two young children missing from their home where the bodies of their grandparents and an uncle were found slain, police said Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,162130,00.html
    Just My Humble Opinion

I just found this after posting about the murders and missing children on a different 'missing' thread.

QUEEN CREEK, Arizona (AP) -- An Amber Alert was issued for two young children missing from their home where the bodies of their grandparents and an uncle were found slain, police said Monday.
    The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said 18-month-old Brian Cervantes and his 3-year-old sister, Jennifer Cervantes, were believed to be with their father, Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala.
    The grandparents and uncle found dead late Sunday were relatives of the children's mother, who was not at home at the time of the slayings, investigators said.

Found this little blurb on CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/07/11/arizona.killings.ap/

QUEEN CREEK, Arizona (AP) -- >>>Snip>>>
    The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said 18-month-old Brian Cervantes and his 3-year-old sister, Jennifer Cervantes, were believed to be with their father, Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala.
    The grandparents and uncle found dead late Sunday >>>snip.

Authorities did not immediately say how the three were killed or give other details.

Cervantes Zavala may be headed for the Mexican border, the sheriff's office said Monday.

IF this shouldn't be on this thread, please advise and I'll delete. Thanks!
    Last edited by Liz; 07-11-2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: add link

An Amber Alert was issued for two young children missing from their home where the bodies of their grandparents and an uncle were found slain, police said Monday.

The grandparents and uncle found dead late Sunday were relatives of the children's mother, who was not at home at the time of the slayings, investigators said.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/n...?storyid=40262
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Bryan and Jennifer were discovered missing the evening of July 10, 2005 from their grandparents' home in Queen Creek, Arizona, where three people were found deceased. Bryan and Jennifer may be in the company of their father. They may still be in the local area, or they may travel to Michoacan, Mexico. The last time the children were seen, Bryan was wearing an orange shirt and blue shorts with airplanes on them, and Jennifer was wearing flowered jeans and a pink shirt with the letter "B" on it. CAUTION IS ADVISED.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/446/1/

Bryan and Jennifer were discovered missing the evening of July 10, 2005 from their grandparents' home in Queen Creek, Arizona, where three people were found deceased. Bryan and Jennifer may be in the company of their father. They may still be in the local area, or they may travel to Michoacan, Mexico. The last time the children were seen, Bryan was wearing an orange shirt and blue shorts with airplanes on them, and Jennifer was wearing flowered jeans and a pink shirt with the letter "B" on it. CAUTION IS ADVISED.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/446/1/

This person should have not even been in the US

This is very close to my home -- Here is some information on this guy, it is from my site, but just didn't want to duplicate efforts --

Background on Zavala

Not only here illegally, but a two time felon in the state of Arizona -- This in another issue that outrages me!

"When you have a rabid dog, do you take him to counseling? No, you put him to sleep!"
    -Clint van Zant, a retired top FBI profiler

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

Alias Used

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...leslaying.html

According to the Sheriff's Office, Cervantes Zavala is an undocumented construction worker from the state of Michoacán. He also goes by the alias Rodrigo Espinoza.

"When you have a rabid dog, do you take him to counseling? No, you put him to sleep!"
    -Clint van Zant, a retired top FBI profiler

When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child. ~Sophia Loren, Women and Beauty

The father of two young children missing from a home where their grandparents and an uncle were found slain had moved out of his own residence before the disappearances, sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

Maricopa County sheriff's officials found nothing when they searched Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala's home in Phoenix on Monday, sheriff's spokeswoman Kip Rustenburg said. Neighbors said they last saw him there Saturday evening, Rustenburg said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050713/...NlYwMlJVRPUCUl
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Isabel Acosta begged for the safe return of her two young children Tuesday, two days after they disappeared from a home where Acosta's parents and brother were found murdered.

Late Tuesday night, authorities were still searching for the children's father, Acosta's ex-boyfriend Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala.

He is an undocumented immigrant described by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office as an "investigative lead" in the three murders and the possible kidnapping of the children Sunday night at a house just outside Queen Creek

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...slaying13.html

Isabel Acosta begged for the safe return of her two young children Tuesday, two days after they disappeared from a home where Acosta's parents and brother were found murdered.

Late Tuesday night, authorities were still searching for the children's father, Acosta's ex-boyfriend Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala.

He is an undocumented immigrant described by the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office as an "investigative lead" in the three murders and the possible kidnapping of the children Sunday night at a house just outside Queen Creek.

The Sheriff's Office has not listed Cervantes Zavala as a suspect but executed a search warrant Monday night at his residence in Phoenix, Matteson said.

Investigators found indications that Cervantes Zavala had packed up belongings and left the residence, Matteson said.

He is believed to possibly be driving a green four-door 1993 Buick Regal with Arizona license plate 709 SDW.

Matteson said it's possible Cervantes Zavala and the children are in Mexico, another U.S. state or still in Arizona.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...slaying13.html

The mother of two young children missing from a home where their grandparents and an uncle were found slain said Tuesday that she believes the children's father is capable of hurting them.

Authorities believe the children are with their father, Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala, who may have headed toward Mexico. Their mother said she's hoping someone in Mexico or Arizona will help authorities find them.

Acosta's brother-in-law, Gabriel Castro, said Cervantes Zavala had threatened the family in the past.

"His threat was something along the lines of 'I will kill your whole family and leave you alive to suffer the loss of your family,' " Castro said.

http://www.knxv.com/news/index.asp?did=19879

Getting released from jail shortly after being arrested last year probably prevented the undocumented immigrant linked to Sunday's triple murder and kidnapping near Queen Creek from being deported.

Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala, 34, was arrested March 31, 2004, by Phoenix police after stealing $3,298 worth of materials from a former employer and was released from custody the same day, according to court records.

Federal immigration officials apparently did not have enough time to retain him for deportation, said Russell Ahr, a spokesman for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, or ICE, in Arizona. ICE issues paperwork for detention only during business hours Monday through Friday after receiving the immigration status of suspects from the Law Enforcement Support Center in Vermont, Ahr said.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...pleslay14.html

Family members reportedly are afraid of the man described as an investigative lead in Sunday night's murder of three adults and abduction of two children from a Queen Creek area home.
    http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...urdersZ11.html

An Amber Alert issued for two children kidnapped last week was canceled Sunday because authorities believe they are now in Mexico.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Sunday that Mexican authorities had stopped a car driven by the children's father less than an hour after the original alert was issued.

The sheriff says Rodrigo Cervantes Zavala is now a "serious suspect" in the case, as well as in the murder of the children's grandparents and uncle. He was previously only an "investigative lead."

The Amber Alert was issued at about 3:20 a.m. July 11. The 1993 Buick Regal was stopped at about 4 a.m.

But Mexican police let the driver and passengers go.

"We're almost positive that he was in the vehicle with those kids," Arpaio said.

He added that the Amber Alert is of no use if the children have been taken into Mexico because only American authorities use it.

"There is no Amber Alert (in Mexico), just information that they receive, and they have their own way of locating people in Mexico," he said.
    http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...rcancel18.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast