Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
New thread, please continue posting here>>>>

:drama:

From last thread re: Troy Hayden JA Twitter pic, contempt of charges.
Perhaps he is one of the 3 "secret witnesses"?

From last thread re: Troy Hayden JA Twitter pic, contempt of charges.
Perhaps he is one of the 3 "secret witnesses"?

Why. We know he was not in the courtroom. Do you think the judge would not have seen him there? All press and media must leave except for Fox 10 Phoenix?

So now we know. X, a murderer, can enter your jurisdiction in Arizona and carry out her/his premeditated act upon a citizen. When apprehended, and indicted, the people of the State can pay & pay & pay for the extended trial of X, in the millions. But when it comes time to punish X the Murderer for her/his confessed and convicted crime, the citizens are not allowed to see or hear the proceedings wherein X argues against penalty for what she/he has committed in your jurisdiction. I am having trouble putting this puzzle together because there are swear words written over all the pieces.

The only thing that I can see working for JA (secret witness or not) is if she threw herself on the mercy of the court. And what are the odds of that happening?

Why. We know he was not in the courtroom. Do you think the judge would not have seen him there? All press and media must leave except for Fox 10 Phoenix?
Maybe Jodi requested he stay? :dunno:
Not sure what to think, although I take social media with a grain of salt.

Maybe Jodi requested he stay? :dunno:
Not sure what to think, although I take social media with a grain of salt.

This Tweet is nonsense. Troy Hayden will never have to reveal his sources and there will be no contempt of court. The photo of stripes and chains is cool.

This Tweet is nonsense. Troy Hayden will never have to reveal his sources and there will be no contempt of court. The photo of stripes and chains is cool.

Are you talking about the photoshopped one or is there actually a pic of the killer in stripes and chains?

Are you talking about the photoshopped one or is there actually a pic of the killer in stripes and chains?

Photo looks genuine but it is an older photo.

So now we know. X, a murderer, can enter your jurisdiction in Arizona and carry out her/his premeditated act upon a citizen. When apprehended, and indicted, the people of the State can pay & pay & pay for the extended trial of X, in the millions. But when it comes time to punish X the Murderer for her/his confessed and convicted crime, the citizens are not allowed to see or hear the proceedings wherein X argues against penalty for what she/he has committed in your jurisdiction. I am having trouble putting this puzzle together because there are swear words written over all the pieces.

Especially when X has put themselves in the public spotlight every chance they got. I'm no lawyer, but to now claim testifying in open court denies this X a fair trial is ludicrous, imo. I don't know how the judge can rationalize her ruling. Again, no lawyer here.

The only thing that I can see working for JA (secret witness or not) is if she threw herself on the mercy of the court. And what are the odds of that happening?

This aspect confuses me. It's like the Judge saying to JA: ok, we'll clear out the courthouse in the hope that you'll tell us the truth under the implicit assumption that once the truth is told that the penalty will be more lenient. However, we only got to this sordid place due to JA's constant lying - first to protect herself, but later in repeated, bold contempts of the court, which only now would be admitted to? And, in this scenario, that is supposed to be a mitigating factor???

The logic is that all criminals, if only they come to Jesus and tell the truth after a lifetime of lying, will be forgiven (to an extent) in the State of Arizona. This is familiar to me: I do remember the nuns in my Catholic grade-school making that same lofty promise to me as a child, but not actually following through personally in their classroom demeanor. My hands may have swollen by being repeatedly beaten by the ruler, but at least I knew from the same nuns that God loved me and would welcome me into heaven.....yeah, right. Let's hope that JA can feel the same cognitive dissonance once the DP verdict is handed down.

(note on edit: although I still don't feel convinced that the mystery witness is JA. It defies judicial logic).

I would say - 0% . And I'm waving at you from the friendly skies! :seeya:

This aspect confuses me. It's like the Judge saying to JA: ok, we'll clear out the courthouse in the hope that you'll tell us the truth under the implicit assumption that once the truth is told that the penalty will be more lenient. However, we only got to this sordid place due to JA's constant lying - first to protect herself, but later in repeated, bold contempts of the court, which only now would be admitted to? And, in this scenario, that is supposed to be a mitigating factor???

The logic is that all criminals, if only they come to Jesus and tell the truth after a lifetime of lying, will be forgiven (to an extent) in the State of Arizona. This is familiar to me: I do remember the nuns in my Catholic grade-school making that same lofty promise to me as a child, but not actually following through personally in their classroom demeanor. My hands may have swollen by being repeatedly beaten by the ruler, but at least I knew from the same nuns that God loved me and would welcome me into heaven.....yeah, right. Let's hope that JA can feel the same cognitive dissonance once the DP verdict is handed down.

IMPO, the judge's ruling is frightening in and of itself. JA has been found guilty. This is the re-sentencing phase so the cry for "fairness" is lost on me...and yes, I realize this is a DP case, but for a convicted murderer to call all the shots is beyond the pale.

What are the chances she was seen on the stand but she's still not the mystery witness? Does that question even make any sense at all?

I also want to say just because I want to say it, in BOTH our death penalty trials the convicts were in court during the sentencing phase of the trial in shackles and prison garb. And visible handcuffs. The entire time.

What are the chances she was seen on the stand but she's still not the mystery witness? Does that question even make any sense at all?

I don't even want to wrap my head around that one. And the journalists I am following on twitter are abuzz with JA and the "secret surprise" witness are one and the same. However.....your thought is rather even more of a brain twist

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Thank you guys ! so far so good, I made it on the plane. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members