NY NY - Queens, S Ozone Park, Wht/HispFem 18-40, 322UFNY, poss from CA, Maxtshirt, no tatts/drugsAug'91

rainwater

Reaction score
Did not see a thread for this UID white (possibly Hispanic ) female. Estimated Age 18-28, Estimated height 64-68 inches, black hair, eye color unknown, COD unknown. I could not find her listed in NAMUS.

Found in a park in Queens in NYC on August 28, 1991.
She was wearing a T-shirt from an out-of-business San Rafael CA bookstore. Shirt features the character Max and one of the Wild Things from Maurice Sendak's classic book. Only 300 t-shirts were distributed, but no record was kept of who got them. The bookstore was out of business before the person was found .
Doe Network Link: http://doenetwork.org/cases/322ufny.html

Mods : If this is a duplicate thread,please delete.

A dog walker discovered the corpse Aug. 28, 1991. Police said the woman, clad in just the T-shirt and panties, was stuffed in a garbage bag and partially buried in a small wooded area at Lefferts Boulevard and South Conduit Avenue, near Kennedy Airport.

The woman, dead as long as two months, had been stabbed in the chest several times. She had not been sexually assaulted, and the absence of tattoos on her body and narcotics in her system means she probably was not a prostitute or a drug addict, police say.

"Our belief is that she's possibly a runaway," Rodriguez says. "We believe she has ties to California and possibly fled."

The dead woman was probably white, Rodriguez said, and was 5 feet 2 inches tall and about 100 pounds. The medical examiner in 1991 said the dead woman was in her late 20s to her early 30s, but Rodriguez said she could be as young as 20.
http://missing87975.yuku.com/topic/3533/NY-TShirt-Only-Clue-To-12YearOld-Murder#.V55yL6Luzng

"We believe because of the T-shirt that she might have been a Californian," Rodriguez said.

Police believe the woman was white or a light-skinned Hispanic, in her 20s or 30s, about 5-feet-2 and roughly 100 pounds.
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=8116

They seem to be a little neglectful with their information.

What size T shirt?

What color, style, brand and size underwear?

What texture of hair-straight, wavy or curly?

What length hair?

What type, brand and size garbage bag?

A dog walker discovered the corpse Aug. 28, 1991. Police said the woman, clad in just the T-shirt and panties, was stuffed in a garbage bag and partially buried in a small wooded area at Lefferts Boulevard and South Conduit Avenue, near Kennedy Airport.

The woman, dead as long as two months, had been stabbed in the chest several times. She had not been sexually assaulted, and the absence of tattoos on her body and narcotics in her system means she probably was not a prostitute or a drug addict, police say.

"Our belief is that she's possibly a runaway," Rodriguez says. "We believe she has ties to California and possibly fled."

The dead woman was probably white, Rodriguez said, and was 5 feet 2 inches tall and about 100 pounds. The medical examiner in 1991 said the dead woman was in her late 20s to her early 30s, but Rodriguez said she could be as young as 20.
NY: T-Shirt Only Clue To 12-Year-Old Murder

"We believe because of the T-shirt that she might have been a Californian," Rodriguez said.

Police believe the woman was white or a light-skinned Hispanic, in her 20s or 30s, about 5-feet-2 and roughly 100 pounds.
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=8116
This is a bit confusing the article said she was 5'2 and Doe says she is 5'4 to 5'8 . It's so difficult to do anything without the accurate info.

They seem to be a little neglectful with their information.

What size T shirt?

What color, style, brand and size underwear?

What texture of hair-straight, wavy or curly?

What length hair?

What type, brand and size garbage bag?
I completely agree with you on this. Also I ws thinking the tshirt could have been gotten from a thrift store and she has nothing to do with California. I used to get clothes from thrift stores from all over the place. I used to have a jersey with some team from MA but Iam not from there more did I get it there. I liked it so I bought it.

3148DFCA - Mary Jo Lee Long
The circumstances surrounding her disappearance make me wonder whether these are Mary Jo Lee Long's remains. She would have been 27 in 1991. She has brown instead of black hair. She has connections to CA and went missing in 1981 (possibly 1982), the last year these shirts had been distributed.

322UFNY
The owner of the toy shop handed the T-shirts out to customers between 1978 and 1981.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back