Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gooooood morning all! Looking forward to trying to keep up most of today on tapatalk! Hope someone is gonna be the twitter relay today!

Good morning.. I am busy today but hoping to come and get caught up later.

This trial just disgusts me. I am all for justice for all, But this just feels like Justice for CMJA and a big fat zero for Travis... :(

Good morning WS :seeya: Do we have a thread to discuss social media about this case? Are we allowed to discuss the posts that Jodi's family or Jodi supporters have been making?

Good morning WS :seeya: Do we have a thread to discuss social media about this case? Are we allowed to discuss the posts that Jodi's family or Jodi supporters have been making?

That would be the Sidebar thread.

Hey everyone, Good morning :) my thanks button is not working, well unless I refresh, so again, a HUGE thank you to all who post, and especially to those who post the tweets, thanks again. I pray today brings good news. Bless Travis and his family!!

Good morning! I'm sitting on pins and needles to see what happens today. If the Appellate Court isn't hearing the appeal until much later in the month, will JSS put the trial on hiatus? Will she rule the defense must continue?

IMHO, if the defense is told to continue, I'm betting Nurmi will refuse to bring in any witnesses.

Will we learn who The Super Seekkrrriit Witness is? Will there be more drama, less justice?

How could JSS possible put the jury through a trial delay at this point. Would they apt to forget stuff if there were a lengthy delay? How long could a trial be delayed before a the jury would no longer be useful due to time lapse?

How could JSS possible put the jury through a trial delay at this point. Would they apt to forget stuff if there were a lengthy delay? How long could a trial be delayed before a the jury would no longer be useful due to time lapse?
No one is going to forget that she is guilty and admitted she did this that to Travis. No one is going to forget seeing those pictures.

Good Morning Folks:daisy:

Here's hoping for a good day, although I was am not too optimistic about the appellate court reversing JSS. I was reading 17A A.R.S. Sup.Ct.Rules, Rule 122 Use of Recording Devices in a Courtroom,

http://www.sc.pima.gov/Portals/0/Library/Comm/Rule 122 effective 1-1-14.pdf

Excerpt:
(2) Limitation of coverage: Upon his or her own motion or upon the request of a party, victim, or witness, a judge may allow coverage as requested or may, after making specific, on-the-record findings based on the factors in paragraph (d)(1), impose limitations as follows:
(A) order that no one may photograph, record, or broadcast a criminal defendant, a law enforcement officer, or a victim in the courtroom;
(B) order that video coverage must effectively obscure the face and identity of that party, victim, or witness, or that there be only audio coverage of the testimony of a party, victim, or witness;
(C) prohibit coverage of the testimony of that witness upon a determination that coverage would have a substantial adverse impact upon that witness or his or her testimony.

Good Morning friends. We are one day closer to Justice for Travis.

I hope we hear from the court today.

I don't drink but I feel like I could do with a beverage to numb me. I don't smoke but I sure wouldn't mind a cigarette to de-stress. And I've been raising my voice (at the computer) a few times although it's not in my nature at all. Only a verdict will help restore my battered sanity. When will that be? :gaah:

right. but let us be honest, this is a death penalty sentencing trial and I am sure it is a lot more technical than that.

No one is going to forget that she is guilty and admitted she did this that to Travis. No one is going to forget seeing those pictures.

I do not think JM wants a delay. He seems to want to move forward and did not object to it being closed. That should tell us something. jmo

right. but let us be honest. This is a death penalty trial and I am sure it is a lot more technical than that.

Really it's not. It is much easier. The guilt is decided. She admits to the killing. In the end it is just whether she should get the death penalty of life in prison. It is not a trial really.. It is just a penalty phase of the already decided trial. They are not deciding guilt.. Just how she lives the rest of her life.

It must not be as easy as we think. She already spent one jury.

I wish it were that easy. Unfortunately everyone isn't as quick to hand out the DP as I would be in a case where confession is involved.

Really it's not. It is much easier. The guilt is decided. She admits to the killing. In the end it is just whether she should get the death penalty of life in prison. It is not a trial really.. It is just a penalty phase of the already decided trial. They are not deciding guilt.. Just how she lives the rest of her life.

I do not think JM wants a delay. He seems to want to move forward and did not object to it being closed. That should tell us something. jmo

Could he have objected in a private sidebar/sealed or would have to have been in front of the court?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

:seeya: Morning, Y'all !

:please::please::please: that the Court of Appeals will overturn JSS rulings !

:please::please::please: for Travis and his Family !

Maybe we should all run a lap round the block every time they break. I would be tons healthier. Honestly, that isn't a bad idea!

Good Morning friends. We are one day closer to Justice for Travis.

I hope we hear from the court today.

I don't drink but I feel like I could do with a beverage to numb me. I don't smoke but I sure wouldn't mind a cigarette to de-stress. And I've been raising my voice (at the computer) a few times although it's not in my nature at all. Only a verdict will help restore my battered sanity. When will that be? :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth