GUILTY PA - Carlesha Freeland-Gaither, 22, Germantown, 2 November 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
ec7206a7-b80d-4ef9-bb5e-5f0dca90e6b5_zps92407a68.jpg

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...te-possible-abduction-of-woman-in-germantown/

Investigators say as she was forced into the car, her glasses and cell phone were dropped onto the road.

Freeland-Gaither, according to police, kicked out the driver side rear window as the car drove off. Police say the car was last seen traveling west on Coulter Street towards Knox Street.

Freeland-Gaither is described as a black female, 5’3″ tall, 125 pounds with brown eyes. Police say she has braided hair and has a tattoo on her lower back, and was last seen wearing a light blue jean jacket, a gray and white sweater, carrying a black backpack.

Disturbing! Many critics on social media asking why the witness(es) didn't do SOMETHING to help but others commenting on Germantown being a dangerous area & what could they do besides call 911 without probably getting hurt themselves.

Good lord. This is awful. Hopefully the video will help find her safe and bring this to closure very shortly.

http://6abc.com/news/video-shows-womans-abduction-in-germantown;-abductor-sought/378388/

GERMANTOWN (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police have released video of a woman's abduction in Germantown - and now say it may have been a random kidnapping.

The missing woman is identified as 22-year-old Carlesha Freeland-Gaither.

The video shows the incident at 9:40 p.m. on Sunday on the 100 block of West Coulter Street.

While audio was not released by the surveillance video, investigators say it was clear that Freeland-Gaither did not know her abductor.

Because of the seemingly random nature of the case, police have called in the FBI for help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsuY6zze1Zs

Full length video ... surely whoever was in the car that pulled up, stopped in the middle of the street for a few moments then backed all the way down the street must have seen something! Hopefully they will come forward!

It's surprising how quickly this all happened too. I'm not sure what I imagined an abduction to be like ... just not so fast - she hardly had a chance to react. Good for her kicking out the windows in the car!

The news describes a car as a silver four door sedan with an unknown PA license plate, a front plate, a rear spoiler and no inspection stickers. Unless they are seeing a clearer picture than me or a witness saw it better, I would tend to think the car is from out of state. PA has no front license plate (unless it is a vanity plate) and we have 2 inspection stickers clearly visible on the driver side lower windshield. I will have to research and see if there is a neighboring state that has both front and back plates and no stickers. On a daily basis in Philadelphia you can see many NJ, Delaware and Maryland license plates along with PA.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Surveillance-Video-Shows-Struggle-as-Woman-Is-Abducted-Off-Germantown-Street-281344731.html

A witness told NBC10 he walked past the woman shortly before hearing her scream. He then ran back to find her being forced into the sedan.

"I heard a whole bunch of screaming,” said witness John Wayne. "She was screaming, 'Help, Help!'"

Detectives identified Freeland-Gaither as the victim after finding her smartphone and glasses on the sidewalk. A knife and glove were also recovered, police said.

Freeland-Gaither's family members said the woman may know her attacker, but police feel otherwise. They've begun working with the FBI and are classifying the abduction random.

The news describes a car as a silver four door sedan with an unknown PA license plate, a front plate, a rear spoiler and no inspection stickers. Unless they are seeing a clearer picture than me or a witness saw it better, I would tend to think the car is from out of state. PA has no front license plate (unless it is a vanity plate) and we have 2 inspection stickers clearly visible on the driver side lower windshield. I will have to research and see if there is a neighboring state that has both front and back plates and no stickers. On a daily basis in Philadelphia you can see many NJ, Delaware and Maryland license plates along with PA.

Delaware has no front license plate and no inspections stickers. HTH

The front plate could have just been from a dealership, etc. I see "carsense" plates all the time on the front of PA vehicles.

What's going on with that second car?

Weird isn't it?? For a moment though I thought maybe it was waiting for the parking spot to open up but then it back up out of there.

Weird isn't it?? For a moment though I thought maybe it was waiting for the parking spot to open up but then it back up out of there.

I hope they saw something useful and contacted police. I think you're right, they are waiting for a spot, then they notice the activity. Scary s@&$

OMG...that is just scary! Watching the entire video, if that car had come around that corner just 5-8 seconds earlier I wonder if he would of let go long enough for her to run. How absolutely heart stopping. I pray that Carlesha is found and that she safe. Very rare to actually see an entire abduction on video like that. It just makes me sick to my stomach to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth