GUILTY NY - Rawayti 'Anita' Haimraj, 35, Bronx, 6 July 2005

How sad !! I can't imagine what that was like for her to find her own sister like that !!
At least they have the SOB in custody !

Horrible. Recently here, a friend of a friend shot himself, and his father found him....just awful. Adds a horrible mental picture the person has to carry with them forever besides the grief. :( Prayers for this lady and her family.

Woman's Body Parts Found Stuffed in a Box

(Castle Hill-WABC, July 7, 2005) — A Bronx fisherman last night found a woman's head, arms and legs stuffed in a box on an East River bank - leading detectives to question her husband about her recent disappearance.

Eyewitness News has learned, the bloody body parts were found around 7:30 p.m. off a remote area of Castle Hill Park at the end of Castleton Avenue in The Bronx.

Officials say the remains were identified as those of 35-year-old Rawayti Haimraj, who was reported missing by her husband on Tuesday.

The woman's husband was being questioned early today at the 43rd Precinct station house.

The find led to a dramatic moment when family members arrived at the scene and identified the woman's head - which was mysteriously shaven.

Police placed the parts in a cooler and took the remains to the city Medical Examiner's Office for positive identification.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/news/wabc_070705_bodyparts.html#

Good grief!!!! How horrible. I can't imagine having to go identify my loved one like that. Why did he have to cut her up???? It just seems to get worse and worse and more and more. I'm shocked if a day goes by without a wife or child murdered it has gotten so bad.

Good feature article about the case, from February 2012:

http://archives.jrn.columbia.edu/2011-2012/theuptownchronicle.com/index-p=4461.html

Bronx Assistant District Attorney Daniel McCarthy later argued that what Ramarakh heard was the cleanup after a violent struggle in which Nowrang strangled and pummeled Anita to death. Nowrang put her body in a garbage bag, took her to the park and shaved her head with his electric razor before slicing her up into pieces. It was the culmination of a near 20 year-long relationship characterized by Nowrang’s abuse and manipulation. “He demeaned and degraded her even in death,” McCarthy told the jury...

Leavitt argued that if a violent struggle took place, the crime scene detective would not have discovered the house in spotless condition. He also said his client could not have possibly known how to surgically disarticulate his wife...

The jurors didn’t buy it. It took them a little more than one hour to convict Nowrang of second-degree murder. Leavitt said Nowrang sat in the courtroom stoicly and emotionless. Bronx Supreme Court Judge Michael Gross later sentenced him to 25 years to life in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back