GUILTY CO - Elizabeth Buchmiller, 2, dies in hot car, Denver, 8 July 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
As 2-year-old Elizabeth Buchmiller was dying Saturday afternoon inside a hot car parked outside an apartment complex, her grandmother, Yvonne Mabry, rested a few steps away on her sofa inside the building.

Mabry, 35, is being held by Denver police pending an investigation of child abuse resulting in death, which is a Class 2 felony.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2850832

Casshew said:
35 year old grandmother? :waitasec:

They must start very early in that family.

SewingDeb said:
They must start very early in that family.
considering the child ws 2 years old.. she was a grandmother at 33

I realize that the grandmother has been thru hell and back in one day, but she looks much older than 35.

I saw this on the news tonight. Not too far from my home.

I don't understand how she could have missed this poor little girl. She was taking care of Elizabeth's 5 year old sister & another child. How does someone forget a child in the car? Why didn't she notice before the poor baby had to suffer like that? The neighbor said the grandmother was asleep on the couch & a child answered the door. :confused:
That poor neighbor saying that if he had come home 2 hours earlier.

This is just so sad. Sweet little angel.

My prayers for Elizabeth's parents & family.

Every year my local news gives a reminder to not leave kids in a hot car as it will kill them. And every year we lose one or more children due to them being left in the car! When are people going to learn that cars are not babysitters, kids need an adult with them and thinking about them all the time! And that if you are going to take responsibility for other people's kids- you have to be watching them!

The grandmother charged in the heat-related death of a 2-year-old had been drinking alcohol and had taken pain medication the day the girl's body was found inside a sweltering car, according to an arrest affidavit.

An arrest affidavit revealed Yvonne Mabry, 35, said she couldn't remember putting young Elizabeth Buchmiller in the car, but thought she must have.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4713770/detail.html

Why the **** was she drinking "several beers and some hard liquor" when she was babysitting those children?! :banghead:
The poor baby was found in the afternoon. What time did this woman start drinking? At 35 years old, she should know not to mix pain medication with alcohol. They put that label on every bottle!

Poor little angel.

:furious:

Well I think that this explains why Grandmother looks so old doesn't it? Drug and alcohol abuse will do that to you.

She worked as a nurse? How sad that she couldn't even take care of her own grandchild.

The mother of a 2-year-old girl who died from heat exposure in a car while in her grandmother's care Saturday says the grandmother does not have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, despite a police report that indicates the woman was drunk and on pain medication at the time of the toddler's death.

Yvonne Mabry was taking painkillers after being beaten in a domestic- violence attack June 26, said her daughter, Kristina Buchmiller, whose child Elizabeth died while in Mabry's care.

The man pounded on Mabry's door, alerting the woman and her 12-year-old son.

The boy, who has not been identified, carried his unresponsive niece from the car to the apartment, the report says, before paramedics responded and declared her dead.

Two weeks before Elizabeth Buchmiller died, police records say, Mabry's then-boyfriend beat, choked and kicked Mabry at her home.

Kristina Buchmiller said the attack left her mother with severe pain from two broken ribs, a smashed nose and a jaw injury.

Reports indicate the man involved, identified as Thomas Burns, 47, has an extensive criminal history and was arrested on domestic violence counts regarding the incident.

Burns could not be reached for comment.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2854849

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita