AR AR - Shequenia Burnett (dec'd), & Terkessa Wallace, 34, N Little Rock, 10 Jan 2014

Aeronomy

Reaction score
16j1p4j.jpg
Terkessa Wallace & Shequenia Burnett

Both Terkessa and Shequenia went missing on the same day in North Little Rock almost 10 months ago. In the beginning LE did not suspect foul play. Neither women were believed to have any association with one another and their cases were being investigating separately. Within two weeks of their disappearances, officer Shana Cobbs stated "(police) have no reason to believe that they are together at this time."

However, officers now say they've found a number of red flags and foul play is suspected.

"North Little Rock police detectives say since there has been no movement on their phones or bank accounts, investigators now suspect foul play" http://www.arkansasmatters.com/story/2-nlr-women-reported-missing/d/story/31t7UfQKY0-qDHH6gZ6bvw

*Shequenia - mother reported her missing after family found the door to her apartment open Jan 9. Her family has believed it to be foul play from the beginning.

- -Facebook page set up for Shequenia -https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help...492308324361683?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal

*Terkessa - drives a white 2009 Toyota Corolla with Arkansas License Plate 290 RHM. She dropped her 5-year-old son off with family and was expected to pick him up later that day but never returned. Her family does not believe she would willingly leave her children. She is a mother of four.

- -Facebook page set up for Terkessa -https://www.facebook.com/findterkessawallace/timeline?ref=page_internal

Please contact the NLRPD at (501) 771-1234 with any information.

I read the article and I see similarity but no connection.

They both disappeared without a trace within a period of a few days of each other. Both are reported to have problems with drugs but we have no clue what kind of drugs or the extent of their alleged use.

One disappeared from her apartment, the other apparently left or was taken along with her car. No indication that they knew each other, had friends or associates in common or lived close to each other.

I hope the police know more than they are saying!

I couldn't see any connection either when reading through what was available online and I wasn't sure if I should post both in one thread or one thread for each. Since it was reported that initially they were investigated separately I assumed that now they may be part of a combined investigation. Also it seems that the media coverage for both are within the same articles.

The major coincidence of when they went missing may be what points to a possible connection. The reason I say major coincidence is because the Arkansas Crime Information Center (acic.org) currently lists only two missing person reports for females (SB and TW) in the North Little Rock area since 2008 . . . and they are listed missing the same day. (Yet from what I could gather in the media, Shequenia was last seen the 9th and Terkessa was last seen the morning of the 10th.)

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/24187
Status Missing
First name Terkessa
Middle name
Last name Wallace
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen January 10, 2014 00:00
Date entered 04/11/2014
Age last seen 34 to 34 years old
Age now 35 years old
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 66.0
Weight (pounds) 190.0 to 195.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Initial inquiry underway
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
48083.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26453
Status Missing
First name Shequenia
Middle name
Last name Burnett
Nickname/Alias
Date last seen January 10, 2014 00:00
Date entered 10/13/2014
Age last seen 36 to 36 years old
Age now Unknown DOB
Race Black/African American
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Height (inches) 67.0 to 72.0
Weight (pounds) 180.0
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA Status: Sample is currently not available
Fingerprint Information Status: Fingerprint information is currently not available
48050.jpg

Shequenia Burnett - Charley Project

burnett_shequenia2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: January 10, 2014 from North Little Rock, Arkansas
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: October 24, 1977
• Height and Weight: 5'9, 180 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Burnett has a tattoo of a the outline of a cross on her upper right arm; a photo of the tattoo is posted below this case summary. She also has a tattoo of several stars on her left shoulder and neck, a tattoo on her lower left arm and a tattoo on the left side of her chest. She may use the last name Johnson.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white t-shirt, blue denim capri pants and white Crocs shoes.
• Medical Conditions: Jones has schizophrenia, as well as a history of drug abuse. She may not know her identity.

Details of Disappearance
Burnett was last seen in North Little Rock, Arkansas on January 10, 2014. She lived in an apartment on north Beach Street. She has never been heard from again. Another African-American woman, Terkessa Wallace, disappeared from North Little Rock on the same day. The two women had known each other since their youth and were friends, and both of them had a history of drug use, but authorities aren't sure whether the two cases are connected. Burnett's family believes she may have traveled to College Station, Arkansas after her disappearance. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. Foul play is suspected in both women's cases; they remain unsolved.

burnett_shequenia_tattoo.jpg

Above: Burnett's tattoo

Terkessa Wallace - Charley Project

wallace_terkessa6.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: January 10, 2014 from North Little Rock, Arkansas
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date of Birth: September 29, 1979
• Height and Weight: 5'6, 195 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance
Wallace was last seen in North Little Rock, Arkansas on January 10, 2014. She has never been heard from again. Another African-American woman, Shequenia Burnett, disappeared from North Little Rock on the same day. The two women had known each other since their youth and were friends, and both of them had a history of drug use, but authorities aren't sure whether the two cases are connected. Wallace's family believes she may have traveled to Texas after her disappearance. It's uncharacteristic of her to leave without warning. She drives a white 2009 Toyota Corolla with the Arkansas license plate number 290 RHM; a photo of a similar car is posted below this case summary. Foul play is suspected in both women's cases; they remain unsolved.

wallace_terkessa_car.jpg

Above: 2009 Toyota Corolla

I'm curious, I don't mean to be insensitive, but the men who found her leg thought it was a mannequin at first. This made me wonder if it was recent? I'm not sure how quick decomp is in water but I would assume decently quick, and she disappeared over a year ago. If the men thought it was a mannequin's leg, I would assume it had skin on it, unless it was clothed. But I may have missed something.

It was also in the Arkansas River, which makes me think it was dumped recently since it flows and isn't a lake/pond. It could have also been dumped elsewhere and that water could have flowed into the river.

I'm going to dig some more, but does anyone want to weigh in?

RIP Shequenia. This makes me worry for Terkessa even more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I'm curious, I don't mean to be insensitive, but the men who found her leg thought it was a mannequin at first. This made me wonder if it was recent? I'm not sure how quick decomp is in water but I would assume decently quick, and she disappeared over a year ago. If the men thought it was a mannequin's leg, I would assume it had skin on it, unless it was clothed. But I may have missed something.

It was also in the Arkansas River, which makes me think it was dumped recently since it flows and isn't a lake/pond. It could have also been dumped elsewhere and that water could have flowed into the river.

Good catch! Yes you are right, after all this time (nearly two years), there would be only bones left. If the reporting is correct and those men really thought this was a mannequin based on how the leg looked, she could not be dead for longer than a few days (unless the body was stored frozen elsewhere previously). After that the skin would start to become very discolored (blue/black, etc) and then decompose until only bones are left (a few weeks/months depending on water temperature). Sorry to be graphic!

But maybe, as you also point out, there was clothing and that gave a different impression.

Good catch! Yes you are right, after all this time (nearly two years), there would be only bones left. If the reporting is correct and those men really thought this was a mannequin based on how the leg looked, she could not be dead for longer than a few days (unless the body was stored frozen elsewhere previously). After that the skin would start to become very discolored (blue/black, etc) and then decompose until only bones are left (a few weeks/months depending on water temperature). Sorry to be graphic!

But maybe, as you also point out, there was clothing and that gave a different impression.

It also might be that he said "mannequin" but really had in mind something more of a science-classroom skeleton model? Though if I'm being honest that's a stretch. I just don't like the idea that LE misidentified someone.

The guy who first spotted the keg reported that there was a pink shoe on the foot. Wasn't she the lady reported to be last seen in white shoes. Maybe human trafficking victim? Sad case. I hope her family is able to get answers to their many questions.

The guy who first spotted the keg reported that there was a pink shoe on the foot. Wasn't she the lady reported to be last seen in white shoes. Maybe human trafficking victim? Sad case. I hope her family is able to get answers to their many questions.

Oh! I just thought about this once you said it.. I guess my brain forgot that victims don't necessarily pass the day they go missing >.< She might well have been alive until recently, giving her time to go through several pairs of shoes. However, I feel like if she were trafficked, wouldn't she have been moved out of the immediate area she was taken? If I were a criminal, I don't think I'd try my odds putting someone I'd just kidnapped onto the streets of their hometown..

You have to wonder as well about an Ariel Castro-type case, but in this case, if the kidnapper committed a murder as their "out." Hopefully I'm wrong on that speculation...

There's a dam just north of where they found her leg. I wonder if they've tried checking on either side of it for more remains. :(

I read somewhere that decomp happens the fastest in fresh water and river water is fresh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoopyxxoo31
Back