MI MI - Ruth Hoffman, 44, River Rouge, 30 June 1986

debbie lynn smeaton

Reaction score
Website
360.yahoo.com
hi my name is debbie lynn (hall) smeaton,my mom ruth sharon (hoffman) hall has been missing since 1988, i filed a missing report on her in august of 1988 with the local police dept and i just found out there was a problem and it did not get filed so now i have to start from scratch. so i filed with the wayne county sheriff's office, im hoping someone out there can tell me how to get a age progression on my mom since it's been so long? i only have picture's from 1988 and im making a flyer so if anyone can please help me with how to go about this i would be so greatful, thank you and god bless. sincerelly debbie smeaton.

I think if I were in your shoes, I would try contacting John Walsh. He would at least know where you would need to start.

Debbie, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. There are some wonderful people that post here at Websleuths who might be able to point you in the right direction. I am sure that someone more knowledgeable than myself will respond to your post very soon. In the meantime, please check out the websites listed below and see if they can help. Also, it would be helpful if you could post more of the details surrounding the disappearance of your mother. There are a lot of super-sleuthers here at WS's that I know can provide you with information, ideas, theories, etc. My prayers are with you!

www.doenetwork.org

www.theyaremissed.org/ncma

www.projectjason.org

I'm really curious as to why no one in your family kept in contact with the police to see what was happening in the case. I know that most people with someone missing in their family almost camp out at the police station or wear the phone out calling to see what they have found out. I'm not being critical but just curious.

There is a program on CourtTV called "Cold Case Files" and I have noticed that at the end of the program we are asked if any of us have a cold case we want looked into. I don't know how it works if the case was never investigated but you could contact them and tell them what you know and see what they have to say.

hi,thank you so much for the info we can sure use all the help we can get ,in august of 1988 we put a missing persons report on my mom but we just recenly found out we have to start from scratch and all the work and constant hours on the phone with the local police was all for nothing, what really hurts is maybe if everything would have been put out there she might be home with her family but again thank you for the info, sincerelly debbie lynn.
Timex said:
I think if I were in your shoes, I would try contacting John Walsh. He would at least know where you would need to start.

hi,we did all that for years and they switched the officer's on her case a few times there is not much more we could do but to call daily and even go down there finally they said they need to do there job! so we called twice a month and even hired a pI, i have been thru 37 surgerys and not one day has gone by without me calling someone or doing something to try and find her. but now i finally got wayne county sheriff's on her case and im doing everything i can to find my wonderful mother, and thank all of you out there that are helping us, and thank you for the info on cold cases i will check that avenue out.god bless all of you good people out there. debbie lynn.
Bobbisangel said:
I'm really curious as to why no one in your family kept in contact with the police to see what was happening in the case. I know that most people with someone missing in their family almost camp out at the police station or wear the phone out calling to see what they have found out. I'm not being critical but just curious.

There is a program on CourtTV called "Cold Case Files" and I have noticed that at the end of the program we are asked if any of us have a cold case we want looked into. I don't know how it works if the case was never investigated but you could contact them and tell them what you know and see what they have to say.

Prayers for your mothers safe return. Can you tell us a little bit about her and the circumstances of her going missing, or when she was last seen.

sure, she went to the local bar in river rouge mi the night before she disappered the next morning she came home in a cab in hospital scrubs i was up allnite pacing the floors 8 months pregnant thinking the worse but we she pulled up i felt relief, until i seen her she was bruised up and she told me the bar owner and his friend was gonna give her a ride home but instead they took her somewhere else and raped her. so after we talked and cried she took a long bath and i wanted to call the police and she begged me not to not yet anyway so i trusted her judgement but deep down i knew something wasn't right. so she said she wanted to go for a walk and clear her head and she also said they would get what is coming to them and that was july of 1988 and i haven't seen her since,you will have to excuse me but i need to go for now this is really hard, im sorry. sincerelly debbie lynn.
Sassygerl said:
Prayers for your mothers safe return. Can you tell us a little bit about her and the circumstances of her going missing, or when she was last seen.

Debbie I know this has to be so hard for you. Thank you for sharing the story with us here. I hope the police have checked out the bar owner.

My prayers are with you and your family.

ETA: I read that she called your pastor looking for you in 1987. If true, that is a great sign! I hope you can find her soon!

It looks like there was a missing persons report afterall. She is a beautiful woman! Praying that she returns safely.

Thank you for pulling up the flyer for us Casshew...

That helps us out, if this is the right person mentioned, so we can
see what information is out there to help out.

I am very sorry to hear you about your mother, and that no updates
or leads have turned up since her disappearance.

I will check back shortly to see if this is the person mentioned in the
mssing persons flyer is related to debbie lynn's case.

I am rather confused about the dates in this post. Most places say she has been missing since 1986 however, there are some that say 1988. Could you clarify what the dates are?

yes this is her but i dont know who done that age progression of her but im glad you noticed that now i need to get ahold of them cause that picture doesn't look like no one in the family especially my mom. but i did send picture's of her to alot of site's hoping they would put them up, she was missing in 1986 sorry my mind is over loaded. i spend alot of time on this computer and im also dealing with going to see her brother my uncle bob he don't have much time left so were all going to tennesse to see him one more time so my mind and my heart i guess are feeling a little empty, plus i have my daughter do some of the work for me so that helps. but i can't thank you all enough but it really feels good to have someone to share this with .sincerelly debbie lynn.
Casshew said:
Debbie.. is this not your mom's missing flyer with an age progression?

The date is different though, this says 1986 (your post says 1988)

or this other site?
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/1690dfmi.html

(Apologies if this is not your Mom, but a similar case/name etc)

Debbie, feel free to share and vent here on this thread... lots of interested people here at WS who will at the very least keep you and your Mom in their thoughts and prayers

yes there sure is thanks to wayne county sheriff's office they just took the case in feb the 7th 2005 im so lucky they took her case i just hope it's not to late. debbie lynn
Jenn said:
It looks like there was a missing persons report afterall. She is a beautiful woman! Praying that she returns safely.

thanks i'll keep that in mind, again thank you all for being there for me. debbie lynn.
Casshew said:
Debbie, feel free to share and vent here on this thread... lots of interested people here at WS who will at the very least keep you and your Mom in their thoughts and prayers

Yes, she is very beautiful.

Debbie,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Do you or the police think that your mother may be living a homeless lifestyle because of her illness? Our organization has an awareness program that seek the missing among the homeless. http://www.projectjason.org/comehome.html

With Hope,
Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

debbie lynn smeaton said:
sure, she went to the local bar in river rouge mi the night before she disappered the next morning she came home in a cab in hospital scrubs i was up allnite pacing the floors 8 months pregnant thinking the worse but we she pulled up i felt relief, until i seen her she was bruised up and she told me the bar owner and his friend was gonna give her a ride home but instead they took her somewhere else and raped her. so after we talked and cried she took a long bath and i wanted to call the police and she begged me not to not yet anyway so i trusted her judgement but deep down i knew something wasn't right. so she said she wanted to go for a walk and clear her head and she also said they would get what is coming to them and that was july of 1988 and i haven't seen her since,you will have to excuse me but i need to go for now this is really hard, im sorry. sincerelly debbie lynn.
Oh debbie, that is so awful and I'm sorry you are going through this. I'm sure they have, but I have to ask...have the police checked the bar owner and his friend out? Did you tell the police what happened after you reported her missing?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back