GUILTY OR - London McCabe, 6, autistic, thrown off Yaquina Bay Bridge, 3 Nov 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://koin.com/2014/11/03/police-boys-body-pulled-from-yaquina-bay/

Police say they have recovered the body of a boy, 6, whose mother threw him off of the Yaquina Bay Bridge. Newport Police Chief Mark J. Miranda identified the child as London G. McCabe.

Jillian Meredith McCabe, a 34-year-old Seal Rock, Ore. resident, has been arrested and charged with aggravated murder, murder and first-degree manslaughter.

She was lodged into the Lincoln County Jail, Miranda said. Under Oregon law, any person charged with aggravated murder is denied bail until a hearing before a judge. A spokesperson said McCabe will be arraigned via video at 1:15 p.m. Tuesday.

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local...ly-throws-boy-off-bridge-in-newport/18446035/

Authorities said 34-year-old Jillian McCabe called 911 at 6:25 p.m. to report what she did. She told police that she heard voices in her head telling her to throw the boy off the bridge.

The drop from the highest point on the bridge deck to the water below is 133 feet. The Coast Guard, Newport police and fire and the Lincoln County sheriff's office searched for a victim in the water around the bridge. Shortly after 10 p.m. the boy's body was located near the Embarcadero Resort to the east of the bridge.

NBC News reports that a woman with that name created an online donation site for a son London, diagnosed with autism. The Monday booking mug of McCabe matched the woman on the website, who said she lived in Hood River. Her writings and a blog by her once estranged husband describe how he suffered from multiple sclerosis and has an unspecified mass in his brain, NBC reported.

RIP London. I will refrain from saying what I am thinking about Jillian. How heart breaking.

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Coast Guard spokesman Jonathan Klingenberg said London's body was recovered early Tuesday. He said a good Samaritan had called in after spotting a body from a restaurant and lounge at the Yaquina Bay Bridge, prompting the Coast Guard's 25-foot vessel and fire department to zero in on the location. "The fire department got there first and recovered the body," he told NBC News. "It's absolutely a tragedy."[/FONT]

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...tures-struggle-philadelphia-abduction-n240286

the linked article contains a link to father's blog which shares some of the family's struggles recently.

1efec0a8-7806-4e89-80b8-32abb150ab90_zpsc21524a4.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2819947/Body-report-boy-tossed-bridge.html

My heart breaks. RIP London.

Bless his heart. I don't want to think about the terror he felt as he was being thrown off that bridge. What horror!

Out of E.A. Robinson's original context a bit, but....

---
We tell you, tapping on our brows,
The story as it should be,
As if the story of a house
Were told, or ever could be.
We'll have no kindly veil between
Her visions and those we have seen--
As if we guessed what hers have been,
Or what they are or would be.
---

checked out the father's blog. He has been suffering MS. From what I read, he and the mother were separated, with London living with him and his parents. He was, at least since the illness forced him to stop working, the primary caregiver. The mother, Jillian had been living somewhere else until just recently when she also moved into HIS parent's home.
This is just what I picked up from the blog, it may or may not be true.
(if this blog isn't allowed, please remove)
https://helpmatt.org/author/matt/

So, I mean, this isn't a case of an overwhelmed parent, since until recently, she was living apart from both her ill husband, and her autistic son.

I hope she gets the maximum sentence allowed. What she did was pure evil.

PD: Mom throws 6-year-old son off Oregon bridge - ABC15 Arizona

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/pd-mom-throws-6-year-old-son-off-oregon-bridge

----

I cannot post what I think of this poor excuse of a mother - for I will be banned for life. :silenced:

The image of a smiling, happy London will be forever imprinted on my heart. I am holding onto that with all I have, in a desperate attempt to block out what I know his last moments on this earth must have been. :notgood:

If only the one who did this to him could experience the same. I know it'll never happen. She will be protected, her rights guaranteed through the adjudication process. Logically, I know that's a good thing. I am just SO :furious: right now! There's nothing he could have done to deserve this! Nothing!
:eek:verreaction:

May the world always remember London's beautiful eyes, gleaming smile, and fight for his justice. :heartluv:

He is an angel now. I just wish he didn't have to go through all that to gain his wings. :tears:

:rose:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When did we find it acceptable as a society to put up internet pleas for money to support our families, and, not getting that money, decide to murder our children? (If she felt that bereft and depressed over it, why didn't she jump, all by herself?) Especially if she wasn't involved in raising him, day-to-day, why did she feel the need to take such drastic steps?

PD: Mom throws 6-year-old son off Oregon bridge - ABC15 Arizona

http://www.abc15.com/news/national/pd-mom-throws-6-year-old-son-off-oregon-bridge

----

I cannot post what I think of this poor excuse of a mother - for I will be banned for life. :silenced:

The image of a smiling, happy London will be forever imprinted on my heart. I am holding onto that with all I have, in a desperate attempt to block out what I know his last moments on this earth must have been. :notgood:

If only the one who did this to him could experience the same. I know it'll never happen. She will be protected, her rights guaranteed through the adjudication process. Logically, I know that's a good thing. I am just SO :furious: right now! There's nothing he could have done to deserve this! Nothing!
:eek:verreaction:

May the world always remember London's beautiful eyes, gleaming smile, and fight for his justice. :heartluv:

He is an angel now. I just wish he didn't have to go through all that to gain his wings. :tears:

:candle:

bbm

Thanks for the sweet words for and about the pretty London. He looked so well-dressed and happy in his little outfit and the big-boy hat.

Your words are always so eloquent and so full of feeling.

I'll say it again -- Heaven is too full of those little angels -- even just the ones we have followed, first in anger for what happened, then in love for the child he or she was and will ever be. I truly feel that now he has no memory of fear or panic or wondering why. He is surrounded by love we can't even imagine. Forevermore.

We who are here will fight his fight in the ways we can. He will run and tumble and laugh and smile forever.

She wasn't raising the child? I thought she was a full time SAHM?

Has anyone found a facebook for her? This popped up on Facebook and I nearly wailed aloud. How could she? HOW???? He reminds me so much of my little autistic boy, he even has that green argyle sweater in a sweater vest. I don't even understand. I can't comprehend. :(

Woman Reportedly Throws Boy Off Bridge in Newport - kgw.com

(snip)

Authorities said 34-year-old Jillian McCabe called 911 at 6:25 p.m. to report what she did. She later told police that she heard voices in her head telling her to throw the boy off the bridge.

When asked the nature of her emergency, she told the 911 dispatcher, "I just threw my son over the Yaquina Bay Bridge," according to a probable cause affidavit obtained by KGW Tuesday morning.

She told the dispatcher her son London was gone in the water, and described him and his clothing in detail, then described herself as an officer approached her. She told several officers on the scene that she had thrown the boy into the water.

Embedded video & More@Link

http://www.kgw.com/story/news/local...ly-throws-boy-off-bridge-in-newport/18446035/

-----

Well, I think we have a mental health defense in the works. :sigh:

Has anyone found a facebook for her? This popped up on Facebook and I nearly wailed aloud. How could she? HOW???? He reminds me so much of my little autistic boy, he even has that green argyle sweater in a sweater vest. I don't even understand. I can't comprehend. :(

How much of these horrors can any of us understand? Please know that it is good that you do not understand, notagolem. Some of us, fortunately, have never been faced with what appears to be a "can't get any worse than this situation," where I guess she thought she was. Dunno. Need to know more.

That is why faith, of whatever kind; family, if we have a good supporting one; and friends are so, so important. And certainly professional help, if qualified and well-matched (from what I've been told), can be a life-saver. There is more to this story, IMO. And please know that I am in no way trying to mitigate what she did. Oh, not for a minute, but something sent her over the top. Couldn't she just leave? Leave him with his son and his family? Just get on a bus and go. Her own flesh and blood. Oh my.

(I can't stop SMH on this one. Going out into the street & screaming would only scare my neighbors and I would soon hear a siren...)

Bless you and your special son. Go hug him or give him a big, big smile. Or both!

:grouphug:

checked out the father's blog. He has been suffering MS. From what I read, he and the mother were separated, with London living with him and his parents. He was, at least since the illness forced him to stop working, the primary caregiver. The mother, Jillian had been living somewhere else until just recently when she also moved into HIS parent's home.
This is just what I picked up from the blog, it may or may not be true.
(if this blog isn't allowed, please remove)
https://helpmatt.org/author/matt/

So, I mean, this isn't a case of an overwhelmed parent, since until recently, she was living apart from both her ill husband, and her autistic son.

I hope she gets the maximum sentence allowed. What she did was pure evil.
SABBM

So, she wasn't even the primary caregiver ? She won't be able to use the defense that "...she was just overwhelmed.." Sick (w)itch.
(no offense to any real life witches, I meant that in place of another word ;)
Maybe she was 'getting back' at someone ? Not sure who that would be; her husband's diagnosis wasn't his fault ; and it seems he might be the most devastated in this.
:moo:
What a cute little guy !
Rest in peace , surrounded eternally by beauty and light, London.

How much of these horrors can any of us understand? Please know that it is good that you do not understand, notagolem. Some of us, fortunately, have never been faced with what appears to be a "can't get any worse than this situation," where I guess she thought she was. Dunno. Need to know more.

That is why faith, of whatever kind; family, if we have a good supporting one; and friends are so, so important. And certainly professional help, if qualified and well-matched (from what I've been told), can be a life-saver. There is more to this story, IMO. And please know that I am in no way trying to mitigate what she did. Oh, not for a minute, but something sent her over the top. Couldn't she just leave? Leave him with his son and his family? Just get on a bus and go. Her own flesh and blood. Oh my.

(I can't stop SMH on this one. Going out into the street & screaming would only scare my neighbors and I would soon hear a siren...)

Bless you and your special son. Go hug him or give him a big, big smile. Or both!

:grouphug:
BBM, Thank you, he's the most amazing child I've ever known. I'm so blessed to have him in my life and can't imagine how empty my life would be without him. Even at the absolute worst, I never thought of hurting him, I'd just hold him and cry wishing I could take away all his hurt.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back