730 users online (66 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

NC - Regenia Gail Hendrix, 51, Asheville, March 2014

Regenia Gail Hendrix

Police trying to find missing Asheville woman
    ASHEVILLE – City police are asking for help in finding an Asheville woman who’s been missing since March. Regenia Gail Hendrix, 51, was last seen in late March when she reportedly was given a ride to Shelby by an acquaintance, Asheville police Sgt. Dave Romick said. “There has been no contact with family or authorities since that time,” Romick said.
    http://www.citizen-times.com/story/n...oman/18457437/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Thanks, that's close to me and I'll keep an eye out.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

Family Of Missing Mother Speaks
    ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The family of missing Asheville woman Regenia Hendrix is pleading for the public's help in finding the 51-year-old, who disappeared eight months ago.

Asheville Police requested the public's help in solving the case in a release sent on Nov. 4.

Family says a detective called last Monday to tell them checks issued to Hendrix had not been cashed. Family described it as a low point since she went missing.

"She's just a happy person and likes to cut up and just have a good time," Patricia Rice said, Hendrix's mother. "We've always been really close... I just want to know that she's OK."

According to authorities, Hendrix was last seen in downtown Asheville in late March, just before she reportedly got a ride to Shelby from an acquaintance. Her family, who says Hendrix mainly stayed in area homeless shelters, has not heard from her since.
    http://www.wlos.com/news/features/to...l#.VGFqtPnF_H8
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Wonder why they are just now getting this out to the public 8 months later...

Family Asking for Tips to Find Missing Asheville Woman
    ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The family of an Asheville woman who has been missing for months is once again asking for the public's help to bring their loved one home.

Regenia Hendrix, 51, has not been seen since late March when police say she got a ride from downtown Asheville to Shelby from an acquaintance.

Last month, News 13 spoke with Regenia's mother and stepfather who say police told them Hendrix has not been cashing benefits checks.

Regenia's son, Daniel Hart, says any piece of information anyone can offer might help bring his mother home.

"Someone's seen her," Hart said. "Someone's thinking that their detail isn't gonna make a difference. Maybe someone's scared, or maybe someone thinks no one cares about her. She has me. I'm her only son. She has four grandchildren."
    http://www.wlos.com/news/features/to...l#.VH0LETHF9p8

I am only one hour from Asheville and today on Websleuths is the first I've heard of this. My heart goes out to her son and his family and her mother.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    NamUs has her LSA date as April 3, 2014 - one year ago today.

Almost two years missing.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.