NC NC - Regenia Hendrix, 51, Asheville, 3 April 2014 *Arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Regenia Gail Hendrix
5560162_G.jpg

Police trying to find missing Asheville woman
ASHEVILLE – City police are asking for help in finding an Asheville woman who’s been missing since March. Regenia Gail Hendrix, 51, was last seen in late March when she reportedly was given a ride to Shelby by an acquaintance, Asheville police Sgt. Dave Romick said. “There has been no contact with family or authorities since that time,” Romick said.

http://www.citizen-times.com/story/...trying-find-missing-asheville-woman/18457437/

Thanks, that's close to me and I'll keep an eye out.

Family Of Missing Mother Speaks
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The family of missing Asheville woman Regenia Hendrix is pleading for the public's help in finding the 51-year-old, who disappeared eight months ago.

Asheville Police requested the public's help in solving the case in a release sent on Nov. 4.

Family says a detective called last Monday to tell them checks issued to Hendrix had not been cashed. Family described it as a low point since she went missing.

"She's just a happy person and likes to cut up and just have a good time," Patricia Rice said, Hendrix's mother. "We've always been really close... I just want to know that she's OK."

According to authorities, Hendrix was last seen in downtown Asheville in late March, just before she reportedly got a ride to Shelby from an acquaintance. Her family, who says Hendrix mainly stayed in area homeless shelters, has not heard from her since.

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...issing-mother-speaks-18454.shtml#.VGFqtPnF_H8

Wonder why they are just now getting this out to the public 8 months later...

Family Asking for Tips to Find Missing Asheville Woman
ASHEVILLE, N.C. -- The family of an Asheville woman who has been missing for months is once again asking for the public's help to bring their loved one home.

Regenia Hendrix, 51, has not been seen since late March when police say she got a ride from downtown Asheville to Shelby from an acquaintance.

Last month, News 13 spoke with Regenia's mother and stepfather who say police told them Hendrix has not been cashing benefits checks.

Regenia's son, Daniel Hart, says any piece of information anyone can offer might help bring his mother home.

"Someone's seen her," Hart said. "Someone's thinking that their detail isn't gonna make a difference. Maybe someone's scared, or maybe someone thinks no one cares about her. She has me. I'm her only son. She has four grandchildren."

http://www.wlos.com/news/features/t...sing-asheville-woman-18716.shtml#.VH0LETHF9p8

I am only one hour from Asheville and today on Websleuths is the first I've heard of this. My heart goes out to her son and his family and her mother.

An Asheville man accused of raping, beating and burning a woman — while holding her captive for three days — has also been connected to two missing local women.

Last week, News 13 reported that Clarence Octetree, 55, may have been the last known person to see Regenia Hendrix, 55, before she went missing in April 2014. This week, News 13 discovered his wife, Alma Octetree, 61, was reported missing in 2014.

Also, on Monday, Octetree had a court date set and remained at the Buncombe County Detention Center as of Monday evening on $105,000 bond.

http://wlos.com/news/local/rape-sus...ssing-women-cases-in-asheville-including-wife

Regenia Gail Hendrix – The Charley Project

Last updated November 28, 2020; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Hendrix was seen in Asheville, North Carolina on April 3, 2014. She was staying with an acquaintance at the Bartlett Arms Apartments in the 100 block of Bartlett Street at the time of her disappearance, and was trying to relocate to Shelby, North Carolina. She has never been heard from again.

Clarence Octetree is the last person known to have seen Hendrix. They went to Shelby to look at a mobile home, but they said Hendrix didn't like it. He reportedly took her back to Asheville, but her mother doesn't believe he actually did so. Hendrix was supposed to cash her latest disability check, which was her only source of income, after she arrived back in Asheville, but she didn't. The check has never been cashed. She wasn't reported missing until September 22.

A photo of Clarence is posted with this case summary. Authorities interviewed him several times in Hendrix's disappearance, but couldn't find any evidence to implicate him in her case. In 2018, he was arrested on charges that he held a woman captive in his apartment for three days, raped her, beat her and burned her with cigarettes, leaving her with burns and bruises on her face and bruises on her arms. While awaiting trial on kidnap, rape, and assault charges, he was charged with witness intimidation after he wrote a letter to the victim, telling her not to cooperate in the case and threatening to harm her family.

Clarence's wife, Alma Octetree, also disappeared from Asheville in 2012, two years before Hendrix did. She has never been located. Authorities haven't stated whether he is a suspect in her case, but he has been questioned in connection with it. In 2019, he was convicted of felony assault in the 2018 case and sentenced as a habitual felony offender to seven and a half to ten years in prison.

Hendrix's family fears she may be dead. Her case remains unsolved.

• regenia_gail_hendrix_1.jpg
  • octetree_alma_husband.jpg
Hendrix, circa 2014; Clarence Octetree
  • Missing Since 04/03/2014
  • Missing From Asheville, North Carolina
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 03/04/1963 (60)
  • Age 51 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'8, 140 pounds

• Medical Conditions Hendrix is classified as disabled.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Hendrix has a tattoo of the word "REBEL" on her right leg and a tattoo of the word "LOVE" on her upper right arm. She may dye her hair red.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back