1132 users online (217 members and 915 guests)  

Websleuths News

Mmm, Hufu

Great new products to satisfy even the most demanding cannibal enthusiast!

Would you try it?

http://www.eathufu.com/home.asp
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

What the heck???

From the website:
    Who actually buys HufuTM?
    HufuTM was originally conceived of as a product for students of anthropology hungry for the experience of cannibalism but deterred by the legal and logistical obstacles. However, our preliminary market research revealed the existence of a larger segment of the public that was interested in the availability of a legal and healthy human flesh substitute, as well as vegetarians and vegans. We also found that HufuTM is a great product for cannibals who want to quit. HufuTM is also a great cannibal convenience food -- no more Friday night hunting raids! Stay at home and enjoy the flavorful, convenient human flesh alternative.

If this were a joke this would be pretty hilarious. Could there really be a large market for this???

Quote Originally Posted by kcanal
    Could there really be a large market for this???
    LOL, I hope not! The creator doesn't even think there is:
    Marketing aside, Nuckols admits that he doesn't actually hope to convert many cannibals to his people-safe alternative.

"There's going to be a very limited market for the food product itself," he said. "I do believe that there are actually people, for example students of anthropology, who perhaps have read about cannibalism and are intrigued by the practice. I also think there are some people who will try anything.
    http://www.thedartmouth.com/article....=2005051201020

I don't know, but that's just nasty!
    Making no mistakes is what establishes the certainty of victory, for it means conquering an enemy that is already defeated. -Sun Tzu

If its not even real, doesn't that somewhat miss the point? Makes me think about those fake crab legs. I don't understand why anyone would eat them.

How do you make an imitation human flesh product if you haven't tasted the real product?

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    How do you make an imitation human flesh product if you haven't tasted the real product?

That does seem to be the "question of the day"!!! LOL I don't even wanna know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Good point Mabel. Maybe we need to do some sleuthing on this Hufu Man's background..... I swear, if we find out later that this guy was let out on bail after eating someone back in college then I am going to throw myself off of a building.

Quote Originally Posted by kcanal
    ................ I am going to throw myself off of a building.
    and become a tasty snack.