South Africa - Anni Dewani, 28, shot to death, Gugulethu, 13 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot thickens........ Second murder!:eek:

Hmmmm,.............it seems the previous victim was killed in the same way Dewani's wife was,...... taxi car-jacking attempt...:silenced:....

{double hmmmmmm} the previous victim's widow flew to be by Dewani's side after his wife was murdered. :waitasec:

Like they say, there is NO coincidence when it comes to murder!:snooty:

JMHO
fran

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/dec/11/shrien-dewani-linked-second-murder

Shrien Dewani 'linked' to second murder case in South Africa
British businessman Dewani denies new accusations he was involved in killing three years ago

The British businessman Shrien Dewani, wanted for extradition by South Africa over claims he paid hitmen to kill his bride on their Cape Town honeymoon, has denied he was involved in another murder three years earlier.

South African National Commissioner General Bheki Cele said police are investigating a link between Dewani and the 2007 murder of Dr Pox Raghavjee.

<<<<<<<<<<<<full article at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thanks for all the tweet posts today guys, by the way.

Why does SD say he felt sick in the car and it was Anni who persisted to go for a drive into Gugs township? Is he just adding to the story to make himself look totally innocent, which of course, he could be. Was Anni such an unfeeling person she wanted to keep driving into the night while her husband feels sick?

In SD's story, Anni gets what she wants, in Anni's story, before she died, it was not like that, SD was controlling and a perfectionist, he was the 'nazi'. (Anni's words)

he's pretty self absorbed and coddled MOO.....IME controllers (abusers) always see themselves as victims or martyrs :moo:

regarding the ring!

wouldn't a valuable ring like that be insured??? --- SD shame on you.....MOO he was more worried about the ring than Anni

Hotel would have provided safekeeping for it -- if he was a truly ''well'' travelled person he would have known that.

Special thanks to PrimeSuspect and newone for the tweets and keeping us up to date.:cheers:

regarding the ring!

wouldn't a valuable ring like that be insured??? --- SD shame on you.....MOO he was more worried about the ring than Anni

Hotel would have provided safekeeping for it -- if he was a truly ''well'' travelled person he would have known that.

Yes, he was very concerned to get that ring back, he did get it back.

I haven't been able to find out what happen to his phone? After the incident, he was loaned a phone by the hotel, so I presume it was stolen and not returned, or the police kept it for forensics to check.

So how was Tongo suppose to contact him privately if SD didn't have his phone? Isn't that what VZ asked him, why didn't he call SD?

Yes, he was very concerned to get that ring back, he did get it back.

I haven't been able to find out what happen to his phone? After the incident, he was loaned a phone by the hotel, so I presume it was stolen and not returned, or the police kept it for forensics to check.

So how was Tongo suppose to contact him privately if SD didn't have his phone? Isn't that what VZ asked him, why didn't he call SD?

good catch! SD did have Tongo's biz card IIRC......and didn't LE hand off cell phone to SD while SD was in LE vehicle with Tongo at other end of call? (that was strange to me)

Special thanks to PrimeSuspect and newone for the tweets and keeping us up to date.:cheers:

and to you -- I believe you captured some tweets yo'self!

good catch! SD did have Tongo's biz card IIRC......and didn't LE hand off cell phone to SD while SD was in LE vehicle with Tongo at other end of call? (that was strange to me)

Oh yes! That was the strangest thing to happen with regards to the police, imo. The policeman handing the phone over to SD to talk to Tongo like he was a family member. :/

CCTV of Dewani meeting man convicted of arranging wife's murder, (the morning after Anni's murder)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-afric...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

My questions now I've seen a snippet of the video just released that was shown at the trial -

1. Dewani tells the cleaner to leave the room, he obviously wanted privacy with Tongo, why?

2. It is clear Tongo tells Dewani there are video cameras in the room, straight away Dewani looks up searching for them. Why?

3. Did Tongo make Dewani aware of the cameras because of talk about the murder plot or for some other reason?

Repeating the question/statement I asked in the last thread. :)

Tongo was the Dewani's driver, it was planned by the Dewanis' that he was to take them out Saturday night, pick up and return them to their hotel. SD claims he wanted to surprise Anni with a helicopter flight, and arranged this with Tongo who asked for cash to pay the pilot, the amount was R15000.

So, why does SD carry the R15 000 in the car on their night out? When did he plan to secretly pay Tongo without Anni knowing? Wouldn't it be safer and logical to keep the R15 000 in the safe and give it to Tongo once they got back to the hotel?

CCTV of Dewani meeting man convicted of arranging wife's murder, (the morning after Anni's murder)

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-afric...ng&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=news_central

My questions now I've seen a snippet of the video just released that was shown at the trial -

1. Dewani tells the cleaner to leave the room, he obviously wanted privacy with Tongo, why?

2. It is clear Tongo tells Dewani there are video cameras in the room, straight away Dewani looks up searching for them. Why?

3. Did Tongo make Dewani aware of the cameras because of talk about the murder plot or for some other reason?

Thanks for that Prime, very interesting and difficult to think of any good reason for their behaviour.

I agree with your take on SD carrying the money in the car too. In addition I would ask why he would hand over money to Tongo and not directly to the pilot when he knew the time/day of the trip.

Something else I just picked up going through VZ cross with Tongo -

VZ: There was then telephonic contact between you and the accused. You actually gave him a missed call of one second. And he returned the call.

How did Dewani know the missed call was from Tongo when he didn't have his phone? Did Tongo leave a message with his number or the number came up on the Dewani's phone and he called back?

Why I'm asking, one of the 3 last questions the state (Riley) asked Tongo before he was dismissed from the witness stand -

Riley: Did you get your cellphone back after the incident?

Tongo: No.

I'm trying to figure out the significance of Riley's other 2 questions, anyone like to take a guess?

State's Shareen Riley (SR): Do you recognise any of the numbers on page 1?

Tongo: I recognise the one, written Spra. (Qwabe)

Riley: Regarding the payment. Yesterday you were asked about payment to Somerset West and Mzoli's. Did you expect, in addition to the R5 000, further payment from the accused?

Tongo: Yes.

Thanks for that Prime, very interesting and difficult to think of any good reason for their behaviour.

I agree with your take on SD carrying the money in the car too. In addition I would ask why he would hand over money to Tongo and not directly to the pilot when he knew the time/day of the trip.

That's even a more logical reason patCee, I think we're on the same wave length as the state, Dewani's actions do not make sense.

Something else I just picked up going through VZ cross with Tongo -

VZ: There was then telephonic contact between you and the accused. You actually gave him a missed call of one second. And he returned the call.

How did Dewani know the missed call was from Tongo when he didn't have his phone? Did Tongo leave a message with his number or the number came up on the Dewani's phone and he called back?

Why I'm asking, one of the 3 last questions the state (Riley) asked Tongo before he was dismissed from the witness stand -

Riley: Did you get your cellphone back after the incident?

Tongo: No.

I'm trying to figure out the significance of Riley's other 2 questions, anyone like to take a guess?

State's Shareen Riley (SR): Do you recognise any of the numbers on page 1?

Tongo: I recognise the one, written Spra. (Qwabe)

Riley: Regarding the payment. Yesterday you were asked about payment to Somerset West and Mzoli's. Did you expect, in addition to the R5 000, further payment from the accused?

Tongo: Yes.
Re the part I've bolded - if it relates to the info below in bold, your guess that the number came up on SD's phone is the most likely because he clearly hoped Tongo could arrange more transport.
Time: 11:41
Defence says Dewani will testify he gave Tongo his cell number that he got from hotel and told Tongo to call him if he could arrange transport. Dewani says he then went to the Waterfront, hotel arranged a vehicle, he went to stationary shop and bought 10 handmade cards.

Re the payment, is this the answer -
Tongo says Dewani still owes him R1,500 for trip to Somerset West and plus the R4,000 for his role in the murder.
Riley perhaps testing how much money Tongo was alleging SD had agreed. trying to trip him up. I think the money could be strong evidence and the DT want to discredit Tongo's claims.

Not sure about recognising the numbers.

Re the part I've bolded - if it relates to the info below in bold, your guess that the number came up on SD's phone is the most likely because he clearly hoped Tongo could arrange more transport.
Time: 11:41
Defence says Dewani will testify he gave Tongo his cell number that he got from hotel and told Tongo to call him if he could arrange transport. Dewani says he then went to the Waterfront, hotel arranged a vehicle, he went to stationary shop and bought 10 handmade cards.

Re the payment, is this the answer - Riley perhaps testing how much money Tongo was alleging SD had agreed. trying to trip him up. I think the money could be strong evidence and the DT want to discredit Tongo's claims.

Not sure about recognising the numbers.

Thank you patCee, I forgot that SD had contact with Tongo to meet at the bridge on the Waterfront. I'm probably nit picking but if SD was so concerned about being spotted by the media, why all the effort to get a car and go out in public just to go shopping to buy 10 handmade cards and to meet Tongo at the bridge? Tongo never made it because he couldn't get transport, so the meeting without CCTV that SD planned didn't go ahead. Hmmmm.

I'm going over the tweets and hoping nothing important has been missed.

Another point that's troubling me, on the Sat. night, Tongo was supposed to pick them up from the hotel at 7.30pm. Tongo was nearly an hour late, why did SD wait for him, couldn't he and Anni just hire another taxi? Tongo is not a chauffeur of a private Limousine, why ruin their night out because of Tongo's lateness? :/

Some more burning questions -

Why doesn't SD reveal the name of the pilot or company? Surely he got that, he's a well-educated businessman/millionaire, Tongo is nowhere near his equal, so SD wants the court to believe he was going to pay R15 000 TO Tongo for a helicopter flight and had no name, address, nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo