1084 users online (203 members and 881 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Fred Garnish, 28, Portage, 13 October 2014

Disappears two days before arraignment, last point of contact had suicidal overtones. Trying to determine if he ran or could have killed himself.

$500 reward for the tip that locates him

Article, can also search the internet for his name.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...hing_fo_1.html

I hope it's okay that I post this. Just trying to get the word out. Fred Garnish went missing on October 13, two days before arraignment in a sexual assault case involving a minor. It's not believed he has any money as he wasn't working. We're not sure if he's still in Michigan, but we suspect he is. I didn't necessarily know how much to post, and I'm admittedly not comfortable giving my identity at this point. It IS still the internet.
    I hope it's okay that I post this. Just trying to get the word out. Fred Garnish went missing on October 13, two days before arraignment in a sexual assault case involving a minor. It's not believed he has any money as he wasn't working. We're not sure if he's still in Michigan, but we suspect he is. I didn't necessarily know how much to post, and I'm admittedly not comfortable giving my identity at this point. It IS still the internet. But if more information gets this out there, I'll disclose additional details. I was also very close to him. I'm the last one who had communication with him, via Skype, the night after he left. The call was very concerning as he said he either could come back and go to jail, or kill himself. He had always had a tendency for lying, possibly pathological, but on this call, he was honest in a completely raw way. Came clean about a lot of things. And his emotional state was honest. I knew when he lied and this was a scared man, who had been running from this for months. Who realized there were consequences to actions and he couldn't run forever. He said he had no money, I knew he had no job, and have looked into any other way he could have gotten money. All he had was his car, which hadn't been paid on for at least two months, and a Sony Xperia tablet he used by hopping on wifi, outside a store to call me that night. The police have tried to determine if he could have sold it and haven't found anything.

I want him found for a variety of reasons. He left behind a huge mess, I want to make sure he's ok, and also that this case is resolved.
    -
    I'll answer whatever questions I feel comfortable with and can legally since it's still an open case.

Here's his NAMUS file: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/26482
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 11-06-2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Restore post

I had a similar event in my family. The man in question did indeed choose to end his life rather than face consequences. It has wreaked even more havoc, and very confused conflicting feelings by his alleged victim. I hope he us found alive so he can help victim have closure.

We're worried that's the route he may have gone but police have looked where they can. But he could easily be tucked away somewhere. We just don't know. We're extremely worried and we hope he's alive but if not, we're just hoping for as much peace as we can get from the outcome.

Fred Garnish, 28 (photo dated 29 Sept 2014 - NAMUS)

Status Missing
    First name Fred
    Middle name Thomas
    Last name Garnish
    Nickname/Alias Thomas King; Flynn Matthews
    Date last seen October 13, 2014 00:00
    Date entered 10/16/2014
    Age last seen 28 to 28 years old
    Age now 28 years old
    Race White
    Ethnicity
    Sex Male
    Height (inches) 66.0 to 68.0
    Weight (pounds) 140.0 to 160.0
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Garnish is driving a blue 2011 Hyundai Elantra, four-door, with Michigan license plate DCK2989.
    http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...hing_fo_1.html

Missing Portage man possibly a danger to himself
    4:17 p.m. EDT October 20, 2014

Fred Thomas Garnish, 28, was last seen October 13, when he was making suicidal statements, according to investigators. Since then, he has missed a court hearing in Ottawa County regarding a sexual assault charge, and authorities say there's an outstanding warrant for his arrest because of that.

Possibly suicidal man who skipped court missing
    By 24 Hour News 8 web staff Published: October 20, 2014, 7:47 pm Updated: October 20, 2014, 10:01 pm

A tent is missing from Garnish’s home, and police say it’s possible he’s in an isolated area because he has been described as a “survivalist type.”
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

http://woodtv.com/2014/11/11/man-pol...or-found-dead/

Saturday, hunters discovered Fred Garnish’s body in a heavily wooded area in Oceana County, according to the Portage Department of Public Safety. Police say Garnish, whose body was found in his vehicle, died of an apparent suicide.

sad... that he thought this was the only way out.

Actually, I should not make any assumptions about what he thought. it is still sad for all those left behind who loved him. And that article tells how he did it. Tacky IMO.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~