GUILTY NC - Jeanette Thut, 74, & Donna Gore, 52, found slain, Bolton, 24 Oct 2014 *Arrests*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20141105/ARTICLES/141109880

The body of Donna Gore, 52, was identified through dental records, said Assistant Columbus County Coroner William Hannah. Further testing is needed to determine the identify of the other body, Hannah said, but investigators believe it to be that of Jeanette Nancy Thut, 74, reported missing Monday. The last time anyone saw either woman was on Oct. 24, Hannah said.

The decomposing remains were found in a storage building behind 2320 Blacksmith Road where the two women lived, Hannah said. Property records indicate the property is owned by Thut.

Hannah said a preliminary cause of death was not available following autopsies Tuesday in Raleigh. The Columbus County Sheriff's Office said in a news release a day after the discovery that foul play is suspected in the deaths.

http://www.wect.com/story/27265523/update-authorities-identify-second-body-found-in-columbus-county

Capt. David Nobles of the Columbus County Sheriff's Office said investigators have positively identified the second body as Jeanette Nancy Thut...

According to Hannah, the bodies appeared to have been there for several days. Deputies say that foul play is suspected, and that investigators spent two days processing the scene and collecting evidence.

Officials have identified persons of interest and are seeking them for questioning.

Arrests!
attachment.php

Suspects in the slayings of two women more than a year ago were told they could face the death penalty as they appeared before a judge for the first time Thursday.

Justin Gray Reynolds, 28, (...) and Megan Alicia Haynes, 27, of Howard Cox Road in Tabor City, were each charged late Wednesday with two counts of murder in the October 2014 killings of Jeanette Nancy Thut, 74, and Donna Lee Gore, 55, at their home on Blacksmith Road near Bolton.

Reynolds was Gore's son, a news release from the Columbus County Sheriff's Office said.

(...)

David alluded to theft, and the possibility of getting caught, as a motive during the hearing.

(...)

Both Reynolds and Haynes took property from the Thut home and sold it at pawn shops in the days following her death, David said. Haynes also is facing credit card fraud charges in Bladen County, accused of using Thut's credit card in Elizabethtown after her death, the prosecutor said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_74ccff82-40a7-542d-9e16-56665bfe3512.html

Their next court appearance is a probable cause hearing scheduled for Feb. 25

Attachments

• JustinReynolds_MeganHaynes.jpg
    JustinReynolds_MeganHaynes.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 66
Could it be that Donna Van Zandt isn't really missing and left on her own? I can't find her name in NamUs or really anywhere else.

http://www.wect.com/story/32291972/da-will-seek-the-death-penalty-for-suspect-in-2014-double-murder

Prosecutors in Columbus County will seek the death penalty for one of the suspects in a 2014 double murder case.

Justin Reynolds and Megan Haynes were arrested in February in connection to the murders of Jeanette Thut and Donna Gore.

Reynolds, who is Gore's son, and Haynes both face two counts of first-degree murder.

(...)

We’ve learned the DA will seek the death penalty for Reynolds.

Janet (as Jeannette liked to be called) was a friend of mine and I'm close with her family. It was quite a shock when I got the call that she'd been murdered. She was a very kind and generous person and always treated me like family. I used to love to chat with her; she'd led a very interesting and adventurous life.
I'm not an advocate of the death penalty, but hope justice will be served.
RIP Janet.

Bumping for my friend, Janet, hoping justice prevails.
Still waiting on trial dates for the accused.

One down, one more to go:
Son sentenced to life in Bolton double murder - WWAY TV
COLUMBUS COUNTY, NC (WWAY) — The man accused of killing his mother and her friend, then leaving their bodies in a storage shed, pleaded guilty to two counts of first degree murder.
District Attorney Jon David said Justin Reynolds entered the plea in a Columbus County courtroom on Wednesday.

Reynolds was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole.

Haynes is scheduled to go on trial later this month.

Warning: crime scene details contained within article
Haynes found guilty in double murder – The News Reporter

Megan Haynes was sentenced to life in prison, plus a total of 26 to 32 years, after just under three total hours of jury deliberation Wednesday.

Haynes was found guilty of the first degree murder of Jeanette Thut, 74, the second degree murder of Donna Gore, 52, and armed robbery after the homicides. Her co-defendant, Justin Reynolds, pleaded guilty to murder and received a life sentence in May. Gore was Reynolds mother.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back