1053 users online (216 members and 837 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1315
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,160

    Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing - Part 2

    Please continue posting your discussions here.


    This about sums it all up.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    7,135
    Hey, i am first!

  3. #3
    I'm second! That's a first.

    FYI- I looked up JSS's 2012 judicial review ratings ( they are public info). Attorneys and jurors give her outstanding ratings overall, including on ability to control her courtroom, communication skills, integrity, and legal knowledge.
    RIP, Cassini. To her tireless overseers- job well done.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,800
    Taking my seat up front . . . . c'mon in guys there's lots of room!
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,742
    the hearing is on YouTube thanks to Croaker Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp1qwmvRrw

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    7,491
    Weird, yesterday's video on AZ Central has vanished.
    So, you can have cameras, just not release the footage?
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    I'm second! That's a first.

    FYI- I looked up JSS's 2012 judicial review ratings ( they are public info). Attorneys and jurors give her outstanding ratings overall, including on ability to control her courtroom, communication skills, integrity, and legal knowledge.
    In a regular criminal trial, I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure she's fairly competent. But with her first death penalty case, she comes across as extremely unsure of herself, unseasoned in the sense that she will go back and forth on her decisions, and she constantly appears to walks on eggshells instead of putting her foot down (i.e allowing a million unnecessary sidebars).
    There is no justice in this system.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
    I'm second! That's a first.

    FYI- I looked up JSS's 2012 judicial review ratings ( they are public info). Attorneys and jurors give her outstanding ratings overall, including on ability to control her courtroom, communication skills, integrity, and legal knowledge.

    Wow that is a surprise!
    ~shower the people you love with love~

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9,980
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
    the hearing is on YouTube thanks to Croaker Queen

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKp1qwmvRrw
    I was just coming in to suggest that.croaker may have it. Time to watch before all are gone ?

    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,893
    Anyone stopped to think that it has now been 18 months since Jodi Ann Arias was found guilty of premeditated murder? And for 18 months, Travis's family, friends and websleuth members have been waiting for a sentencing trial. EIGHTEEN MONTHS! The sentencing trial should have began no later than 60 days. You had the judge, the attorneys, the courtroom, the killer, the verdict. All you needed was another jury. This isn't justice.

    And now, we have everyone Gambling with the law and justice. Just sickening. Hope, I don't care what opinions were out there about JSS, that has likely changed in the last few weeks.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    CT/NC
    Posts
    21,160
    My question is what types of threats have there been exactly.

    Threats to Jodi (she has 24/7 police protection so not a biggie).
    Threats to JW were over the phone and she refused to have LE investigate, according to Nurmi. Maybe JW was afraid to find out who made those calls?
    Threats made by the prosecutor, or were they credibility questions that the witness did not care for.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    The Dark Side
    Posts
    7,491
    Quote Originally Posted by Reagan View Post
    In a regular criminal trial, I wouldn't doubt it. I'm sure she's fairly competent. But with her first death penalty case, she comes across as extremely unsure of herself, unseasoned in the sense that she will go back and forth on her decisions, and she constantly appears to walks on eggshells instead of putting her foot down (i.e allowing a million unnecessary sidebars).
    Out of all of them, Juan is the only one with experience in DP cases.

    JSS is caught in the middle. She wants a to do this in order :ie Jodi has been convicted of 1st degree murder, sentencing phase, appeals etc. But Nurmi and Co. are blowing this way out of proportion and causing havoc, so she is trying to not risk a mistrial, because that will force her to make a ruling.
    She seems to have lowered confidence compared to the first trial.

    All JMO.
    "One man's logic is another man's crazy" - Rossi (Criminal Minds)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,550
    Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    My question is what types of threats have there been exactly.

    Threats to Jodi (she has 24/7 police protection so not a biggie).
    Threats to JW were over the phone and she refused to have LE investigate, according to Nurmi. Maybe JW was afraid to find out who made those calls?
    Threats made by the prosecutor, or were they credibility questions that the witness did not care for.
    IMO, this whole "witnesses are too scared to testify" nonsense started in the guilt phase when JM warned witnesses that if they lied he would press perjury charges faster than their boots could hit the ground. With that they were "too scared" to testify. Nurmi did not clarify too scared of what; he just said his witnesses had been intimidated. That morphed into threatened. And when that notion was given some attention he continued on in that vein...to the present where people are in fear for their lives if they testify.

    Any threats being thrown out online or SM are really no different than what happens with all high profile trials. It is for the most part people blowing off steam; some get really ugly but the odds are far more against anyone following through. And IMO, Nurmi knows that. He's just milking this, because he can.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,893
    Quote Originally Posted by atthelake View Post
    I was just coming in to suggest that.croaker may have it. Time to watch before all are gone ?

    Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

    Just watched video for first time. I do believe now that the secret witness was Jodi Arias herself and she is testifying to yet another story for which they will call a witness on her behalf.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,448
    Bringing this over from the previous thread

    Quote by TrialWatcher:
    "JSS has been thrown under the bus by the defense team. You don't think Nurmi has tried to use JSS as a vehicle for mistrial? The DT have already charged Juan Martinez with claims of prosecutorial misconduct. Nurmi has shown a lack of respect for JSS throughout the trial. JSS, to me, has tried very hard to steer away from mistrials. The guilt phase was painfully slow but there appeared to be no genuine grounds for mistrial there. The lawyers and legal experts on WS may have spotted reasons. "


    Nurmi can do or say anything he pleases, but JSS is responsible for her own decisions. Whatever her reasons for giving in to Nurmi's demands, the onus for those decisions rests on JSS, not Nurmi. As far as his 'charges' against prosecutor Martinez, JM doesn't seem at all phased.
    Last edited by Steve44; 11-05-2014 at 10:12 PM.

Page 1 of 88 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 27, Part 2
    By LambChop in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 489
    Last Post: 01-28-2015, 04:05 PM
  2. Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 26, Part 2
    By LambChop in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 523
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 12:04 PM
  3. Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 11/3/14 Hearing
    By LambChop in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 1102
    Last Post: 11-05-2014, 09:18 PM
  4. Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6 - Part 3
    By LambChop in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 682
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 08:52 AM
  5. Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 6- Part 2
    By LambChop in forum Travis Alexander Trial - The State vs. Jodi Arias
    Replies: 983
    Last Post: 11-01-2014, 12:51 PM

Tags for this Thread