716 users online (120 members and 596 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by simplifymylife2014 View Post
    I wondered the same thing? :/
    Me too it is strange. Here's hoping Monday's news is significant.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLewis View Post
    The Monday morning press conference will be held at Thaxton Baptist Church on Penicks Mill Road in Thaxton, VA. There are many typical places to hold a LE press conference, like the court house, Bedford police headquarters, etc... Why is the press conference being held at Thaxton Baptist Church? What is the significance of this? I suspect LE has a reason for this that we are unaware of at the moment.
    Bedford's Commonwealth's Attorney Randy Krantz goes to Thaxton Baptist Church.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

beachlvr0810 have you ever seen the police have a news briefing there before??

beachlvr0810 have you ever seen the police have a news briefing there before??
    No I haven't, and as far as I can remember, I don't think there's ever been a new conference held at any church here. Every one I've talked to in the past few days agrees that it's very odd to have a news conference there.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Thanks Richard. It's 10am Monday EST will we be able to watch it live online anywhere?
    It will be streaming live from the church on WDBJ7.com

The setting of the press conference at the church vs. police headquarters really has me thinking. This is just speculation; if they were making arrests in the case, I just don't think they would be announcing it in a church. LE recently stated that a person who could resolve the case lives a "stones throw" from Taylor's Mountain. I'm wondering, could it be that this same person attends Thaxton Baptist church? Consider the atmosphere in the church is much different from that of police headquarters; a spiritual setting vs. an intimidating LE setting. Perhaps this is an attempt to appeal to somebody's sense of compassion and humanity, as well as their moral conscience and what awaits them after their life on this earth.

In announcing the press conference LE said they are shifting to the next "phase" of the investigation; what exactly does that mean? It implies the nature of the investigation is changing, but is it actually going to change to a prosecution phase? It appeared that the investigation started out with two main objectives; first to find the Lyon sisters, and second to identify and prosecute those guilty. However, I recall at some point in the last few months LE said something to the effect that they could perhaps almost be satisfied to bring some resolution to the Lyon family, even if it meant just bringing the girls back home without a successful prosecution of the guilty. Is that the point LE is at now? I suspect that LE has knowledge of who abducted, and sadly, probably killed the girls. But almost 40 years later, unfortunately, they may not have enough physical evidence and direct witnesses to successfully prosecute those responsible. With the girl's parents in their 70's, LLW2 already in prison and RAW about at age 70, would LE now settle for just one of the main goals? I would guess the answer might be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLewis View Post
    It will be streaming live from the church on WDBJ7.com

The setting of the press conference at the church vs. police headquarters really has me thinking. This is just speculation; if they were making arrests in the case, I just don't think they would be announcing it in a church. LE recently stated that a person who could resolve the case lives a "stones throw" from Taylor's Mountain. I'm wondering, could it be that this same person attends Thaxton Baptist church? Consider the atmosphere in the church is much different from that of police headquarters; a spiritual setting vs. an intimidating LE setting. Perhaps this is an attempt to appeal to somebody's sense of compassion and humanity, as well as their moral conscience and what awaits them after their life on this earth.

In announcing the press conference LE said they are shifting to the next "phase" of the investigation; what exactly does that mean? It implies the nature of the investigation is changing, but is it actually going to change to a prosecution phase? It appeared that the investigation started out with two main objectives; first to find the Lyon sisters, and second to identify and prosecute those guilty. However, I recall at some point in the last few months LE said something to the effect that they could perhaps almost be satisfied to bring some resolution to the Lyon family, even if it meant just bringing the girls back home without a successful prosecution of the guilty. Is that the point LE is at now? I suspect that LE has knowledge of who abducted, and sadly, probably killed the girls. But almost 40 years later, unfortunately, they may not have enough physical evidence and direct witnesses to successfully prosecute those responsible. With the girl's parents in their 70's, LLW2 already in prison and RAW about at age 70, would LE now settle for just one of the main goals? I would guess the answer might be yes.
    RichardLewis, your comments are very interesting and I am finding myself crying as I type this, however, until I hear there has been a DEFINITE DNA match with the girls, I am NOT giving up hope.

We know those hurting the most are the family. In addition, if I find myself crying now from the time I have spent researching and hoping, it must be very hard on LE and investigators who have spent so much time and emotion on this.

RichardLewis, did you read beachlvr0810's comments that LE is on the mountain again as well as that Randy Krantz attends that church?
    I wonder, too, if they will already be on the mountain, if the church is closer to where they will already be.

I never thought about it being in the church, however where I live it is freezing rain and sleet into tomorrow,
    not sure of the forecast there in VA.

Does PW Go to Court Today??

Isn't it February 4, 2015 that PW goes
    to court with her attorney, regarding
    lying to the grand jury??

Please share any news links on the news thread.
    Thanks.

Isn't it February 4, 2015 that PW goes
    to court with her attorney, regarding
    lying to the grand jury??

Please share any news links on the news thread
    Thanks.
    Websleuths user RichardLewis kindly posted the following in the news thread - "She received a continuance for today's date. It is rescheduled for April 27, 2015 at 1:30pm."
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Angela Hatcher posted yesterday on her Facebook and said the grand jury was supposed to meet today but I haven't heard anything yet about what happened today. Does anyone know anything else about it?

PW's Court Date

When is PW's court date?
    I hope it hasn't or won't be postponed again.

When is PW's court date?
    I hope it hasn't or won't be postponed again.
    I thought it was supposed to be this month but I'm not sure.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by beachlvr0810 View Post
    I thought it was supposed to be this month but I'm not sure.
    As of today it is still showing on the docket for this Monday 6-29-15 at 1:30pm, Bedford County District court case GC14011710-00. This is the closest it has actually gotten to the court date without having been postponed. We'll see if it actually happens on Monday, or if her attorney Emmette Pilgreen wants to kick the can further down the road and try to buy more time to attempt a way to wiggle out of her mess.

In the link from wset in the news section, it says PW waived her preliminary hearing.
    What does that mean??

In the link from wset in the news section, it says PW waived her preliminary hearing.
    What does that mean??
    "Patricia Welch faced a perjury charge. Welch waived her right to a hearing, sending the case to circuit court. It will go before a grand jury on July 7.

According to the Commonwealth’s attorney, this will speed up the process of her case. Welch and her lawyer asked the media to “get away” several times after she left the hearing.

However, the Commonwsalth’s Attorney Randy Krantz said he was ready to present evidence that would show Welch falsely testified before a grand jury investigating the disappearance of the Lyon sisters. He also said Welch did not receive any incentives for waiving her right to a hearing today.

“There were no inducements for that waiver made to her no pleas have been entered in consultation with her for counsel, for whatever reason, thought was proper she made the decision not to have that evidence presented in open court and exercised her right to waive that hearing,” Krantz said."

http://wsls.com/2015/06/29/woman-cha...ht-to-hearing/

What does that mean??
    Greg did a good job of summing up what it means legally.

In none of the news reports that I scanned, was any indication of what she may have lied about, which I think would have come out in a hearing if they had one.

It's my guess, that it's something embarrassing such as wild drug or sex parties in the 70s or maybe knowing Lloyd was a threat to society but saying nothing (not usually a crime).

It's also my guess that none of the parties dragged before the grand jury were serious participants in the original crime, otherwise they would have taken the fifth.

I also think there is a good chance the police are using the perjury charge as leverage, a gray area.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast