894 users online (122 members and 772 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Beautiful creeks, moss, huge rocks and wildflowers

f41be7a7-008f-448a-8059-eddc4a009299_zpse0177dd2.jpg
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by steveP120 View Post
    In the 1970s, before many people explored holes/caves for fun, a hole like the Devil's Den, or any other hole in the area, might be an easy place to dump a body since no digging would be required.

But the police may have already found the bodies and confirmed with DNA and are just not telling the public as they build their case.

It's also a long drive from Wheaton MD to that part of VA, 3 or 4 hours.

Criminals do stupid things under pressure, but I always thought bringing a body to or near one's own property, where they would question you, was dumb.
    It would be stupid to bring a body near your own property and yet stupid people keep doing it. People even stuff bodies into the crawl spaces of their homes. Go figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

The only advantage I could see in burying a body on your own property is that there would be no random digging that would uncover it. If the Welchs buried bodies there, they could probably sleep well knowing they are not going to be discovered by campers, developers or someones dogs.

The trade off is that the body could be linked to you pretty convincingly.

Just posting this news article from Sept '14 it leads to more links on the search.
    http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lync...ain-r/28083490

Quote Originally Posted by WaynezWorld View Post
    The only advantage I could see in burying a body on your own property is that there would be no random digging that would uncover it. If the Welchs buried bodies there, they could probably sleep well knowing they are not going to be discovered by campers, developers or someones dogs.

The trade off is that the body could be linked to you pretty convincingly.

But the mountain has always been full of hunters and dogs. And even if they were buried on the land, how would the Welches in Maryland know that all those neighbors on the mountain, hours away in Virginia wouldn't see them bringing in the bodies? At the time the girls disappeared, that neighborhood was full of families with kids who spent their days and evenings playing with cousins, even playing up in the woods where they were searching back in September. People sat out on their porches, visited neighbors, planted and worked in their gardens so how would the Welches get those girls up on that land without being noticed by somebody? I understand it's hard for people who have never lived here or been here to understand what I'm trying to describe but I've been here all my life and even though the mountain itself is remote, that particular area was not so remote that no one would have noticed the Welches coming in from Maryland and burying 2 children.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by beachlvr0810 View Post
    This is what we call "down in the holler". This is on the opposite side of where the search is happening. Attachment 63907
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator. I'm not seeing any of these pics. I get this^^^ when I click on them.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

But the mountain has always been full of hunters and dogs. And even if they were buried on the land, how would the Welches in Maryland know that all those neighbors on the mountain, hours away in Virginia wouldn't see them bringing in the bodies? At the time the girls disappeared, that neighborhood was full of families with kids who spent their days and evenings playing with cousins, even playing up in the woods where they were searching back in September. People sat out on their porches, visited neighbors, planted and worked in their gardens so how would the Welches get those girls up on that land without being noticed by somebody? I understand it's hard for people who have never lived here or been here to understand what I'm trying to describe but I've been here all my life and even though the mountain itself is remote, that particular area was not so remote that no one would have noticed the Welches coming in from Maryland and burying 2 children.
    People commit murder and bury bodies without getting caught for many years. You only have to read through cases here at WS to know that is a fact.

"It's unbelievable that people can disappear off the face of the Earth without a trace when they find dinosaur bones and identify them." ~ John Lyon

The thing is, there are crimes committed everyday whereas someone could have or should have seen or heard something out of the ordinary yet nobody comes forward. The fact that no one seemed to see anything does not indicate that nothing took place in my opinion. There is a reason LE has been searching this area, hopefully sometime soon we will know why that is.

You also have to consider the fact that on most weekdays, children are in school, and able bodies adults are at their jobs. Many things could go unnoticed.

I am still not 100% sure they are up there. I mean by everything i read to me it doesn't add up. They were took and hidden for days before trying to move them to Va But another person saw them a week later in a station wagon alive. If LLW was a drifter were would he had hidden them for days? He ready didn't have a home. I am I think RAW was married with kids so they couldn't hidden them there. so where? And LLW was 18 at the time. I don't think he was that smart. Plus to hidden them for days then to move them to Va. little weird. Also the drive to Bedford is about 4-6 hours. stopping to full up on gas. both men would have been missing for hours.

Quote Originally Posted by AAWJ View Post
    I am still not 100% sure they are up there. I mean by everything i read to me it doesn't add up. They were took and hidden for days before trying to move them to Va But another person saw them a week later in a station wagon alive. If LLW was a drifter were would he had hidden them for days? He ready didn't have a home. I am I think RAW was married with kids so they couldn't hidden them there. so where? And LLW was 18 at the time. I don't think he was that smart. Plus to hidden them for days then to move them to Va. little weird. Also the drive to Bedford is about 4-6 hours. stopping to full up on gas. both men would have been missing for hours.
    We don't know for sure that they were hidden for days after being abducted. We just have claims of seeing them. As far as LLW goes...he clearly had help....and the help points to Uncle Richard. Richard Welch being married with children when the girls were taken, means nothing and in no way excludes him. Many people lead double lives. For example, a father in Austria kept his own daughter locked in the basement for 30 years and fathered 7 kids with her. His wife,the girl's mother, had no clue!! Ted Bundy was married and had a daughter while he was running around being a serial killer. BTK was married with children and a respected member of his church and he was also a serial killer. The list goes on and on. Nothing at all about RAW excludes him and many things point straight at him and his nephew. His wife lied to the Grand Jury and that sure doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by AAWJ View Post
    From what I have read, it would not have been unusual if LLW went missing for a few days. His stepsister said in a newspaper report that she remembers LLW and his father always fighting and arguing and LLW disappearing and always getting into trouble. While he has been described as a "drifter" he also had strong ties to the DC/Md/VA area. His father, stepmother, and stepsister lived in a house in Hyattsville, Md. His uncles too, lived in that area. LLW also had a long time girlfriend named by MCP as a Helen Craver. She probably had family in the area too. Maybe he stayed at her house for lengths of time. So perhaps he was less of a "drifter" then the press has made him sound. I think it would be harder for RAW to go missing for several hours or days as he had a job and employer to be responsible to, as well as, a wife and child(ren).

Quote Originally Posted by Motherof5 View Post
    We don't know for sure that they were hidden for days after being abducted. We just have claims of seeing them. As far as LLW goes...he clearly had help....and the help points to Uncle Richard. Richard Welch being married with children when the girls were taken, means nothing and in no way excludes him. Many people lead double lives. For example, a father in Austria kept his own daughter locked in the basement for 30 years and fathered 7 kids with her. His wife,the girl's mother, had no clue!! Ted Bundy was married and had a daughter while he was running around being a serial killer. BTK was married with children and a respected member of his church and he was also a serial killer. The list goes on and on. Nothing at all about RAW excludes him and many things point straight at him and his nephew. His wife lied to the Grand Jury and that sure doesn't help.
    You are correct to state that serial criminals often do lead "double lives". In fact, they probably all do to a certain extant, because of the cyclical nature of their crimes.

As a point of clarity, Ted Bundy was not married. He did have a somewhat normal longer term relationship with a woman who had a child, but they were not married and I do not think that the child was his biological daughter. The point is well taken, however, about him going in and out of his killing episodes, often returning to his "normal" family life.

I think it is still a bit early to draw conclusions regarding Lloyd and Richard Welch. LE has often stressed that, although both have been named as "persons of interest" in the case, neither one has yet been charged with any crime in regard to the Lyon sisters. It is only speculation at this point regarding any joint actions by the two.

There are more questions than answers at this point.

There will be a news conference on Monday at 10 a.m. at the Thaxton Baptist Church concerning the Lyon Sisters investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lync...-case/30619750

Mark Twain

There will be a news conference on Monday at 10 a.m. at the Thaxton Baptist Church concerning the Lyon Sisters investigation.

http://www.wdbj7.com/news/local/lync...-case/30619750
    Thanks for this update I am cautiously optimistic.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

There is no excuse for human or animal abuse.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast