1069 users online (235 members and 834 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Scott Bowles, 37, San Diego, 31 October 2014

Scott Bowles

Man, 37, Goes Missing From Ocean Beach Home
    A 37-year-old San Diego man has gone missing, leaving behind his vehicle and his cellphone. San Diego police say Scott Bowles has not been heard from since Oct. 31, when he sent a text message in the afternoon. After someone reported him missing, Bowles’ vehicle was found parked at his Ocean Beach home, and his cellphone was discovered inside. A missing persons detective says Bowles does not have a history of disappearing, and it is unusual that he left his belongings behind. Police are asking for the public’s help finding him.

Source: http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...#ixzz3IFxsTsnp
    Follow us: @nbcsandiego on Twitter | NBCSanDiego on Facebook
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

What did the text message say? I'm really curious about that. Does it intend he could have been depressed, suicidal?

Police still searching for missing Ocean Beach man
    10 News spoke with Bowles' father, John Bowles, who will fly to San Diego from Arkansas. He says Bowles was supposed to pick up his daughter near Julian but never showed up. It is something he says his son has never done and would never intentionally do. "You know, he's missing, he's a good guy and it's out of the ordinary and we're concerned," said John Bowles.
    http://www.10news.com/news/police-se...h-man-11052014
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

So very little mentioned... who reported him missing? Only mention of his cellphone... what about a wallet, ID, keys?
    Sounds like there's an ex since mentioned he was picking up his daughter?
    Any event(s) in his life that are upcoming?

Checking Google for news, nothing..
    Apart from his father, no one else is coming forward to find him? Something doesn't add up...

he looks a little younger than 37 to me. Also reminds me of an actor, but I can't think of whom.

He looks like Brad Womack, from the Bachelor.

Reminds me of Sheldon Cooper a little bit.

The photo on the right reminds me a bit of Dax Shepard, but the one on the left does not, at all. He looks quite different in the two photos, no? Strange how different camera angles can have such a dramatic effects.

How far was his apartment from the beach? Did he surf? Any surf boards or other gear missing?

In the OB neighborhood, one scenario is that he locked his phone in the car and then walked down to the beach to surf or bodyboard or whatever. Something bad could have happened when he was in the water.

I live in San Diego & this guy's story is bugging me.
    Hoping they find him safe.

They found a male body off of South Mission Beach yesterday & I'm hoping it's not him.
    I don't know his address, but Mission Beach & OB are very close.
    No word on if he is a surfer.
    They said the body has been in the water for "quite some time".
    Not sure if that means a few days or months or longer.
    http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...?m=y&smobile=y

This news story is posted in a few places on Facebook & one of the comments is bugging me.
    Someone said something like Sorry you have to go through this again, directed towards his family.

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia522 View Post
    I live in San Diego & this guy's story is bugging me.
    Hoping they find him safe.

They found a male body off of South Mission Beach yesterday & I'm hoping it's not him.
    I don't know his address, but Mission Beach & OB are very close.
    No word on if he is a surfer.
    They said the body has been in the water for "quite some time".
    Not sure if that means a few days or months or longer.
    http://www.sandiego6.com/news/local/...?m=y&smobile=y

This news story is posted in a few places on Facebook & one of the comments is bugging me.
    Someone said something like Sorry you have to go through this again, directed towards his family.
    Olivia522 to WS Thanks for info ^^.... so little news about Scott.

Yes, I went to his sister's Facebook from some of the comments on a previous article, and it seems that he's deceased.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast