868 users online (176 members and 692 guests)  

Websleuths News

NJ - Edward Wortman, 34, Colonia, 25 October 2014

Edward Wortman

Family searching for missing Colonia father of 2
    Relatives say Edward Wortman is a family man who would not just leave his wife and two small children. But, when his wife Cherie woke up in the couple’s Colonia home after 8 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 25, he was gone. His family members have been looking for him ever since. “I have seen him everyday since we got married, which was six years ago (on Monday),” Cherie said in a phone interview. “He’s an excellent father. It’s not like he’d just leave.” According to family members, Wortman was awake Saturday morning, and may have told his 5-year-old daughter that he was heading out to the store, but never came back. Cherie says he left the house without his wallet, license, any extra clothes, or his glasses. “It just seems like he wasn’t preparing to leave for a long period of time, but like, if anything, he was running out and was coming right back in,” Cherie said. “We just have no idea what we are dealing with here. We really don’t know what happened.” Wortman was an elementary school teacher at Banneker Academy in the East Orange School District for 10 years, according to his family members. He was suspended from the school with pay in January stemming from an incident that is still under investigation, family members said. They declined to elaborate on the situation.
    East Orange school officials did not respond to requests for comment, but Wortman is listed as a faculty member on the Banneker website. “His students always loved him, and he’s always had a lot of parent support, too,” Wortman’s wife said. “He’s got a very community-oriented background.” "I just don’t know how he left, if he was forced out. Anything could have happened," Cherie said. "It’s so hard to explain this to our kids, and I just want to know what we are dealing with.”

My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Wow he has been suspended all year? Wonder what happened and if something changed in the investigation recently. Hope the school is talking to police. Otherwise I wonder if he was depressed about the situation, or something else? Did he leave in a vehicle or on foot? Wife does not mention a car. Hope they are doing foot searches.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Has he any cash or credit cards or a bank book, ID, passport on his person or access to getting such????? Have the computer and cell phone been checked??? Left with out his glasses??? What is his vision? I'd barely make to the corner without my glasses.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

Foothills of SC
    Not much info on the search. I hope they are busy tracking it all. His poor wife is frantic.

by the bay

Father of two young children missing for nearly 6 months
    April 08, 2015 at 4:12 PM

The family of a father of two young children who went missing nearly six months ago is renewing a call for help.

Edward Wortman, 34, disappeared the morning of Saturday, Oct. 25. He left his home in Colonia without his wallet, license, any extra clothes, or his glasses, according to his wife, Cherie.

"We've checked hospitals, shelters and anywhere else we thought he might be," said Woodbridge police Det. Michael Ng. "There are no new leads at this time."

Fort Worth

Rest in Peace.
    MOO, IMO, etc...

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Here is a map I made up of the area.

Zoom the map in and out with the center wheel on your mouse. Left click and drag to move map around on screen.