1535 users online (264 members and 1271 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - Man Buy Foreclosed House--Finds Body Inside

Longtime Cape Coral resident William Wilson, 61, acquired the worn light pink house on SE 19th Lane at auction Tuesday for $96,000. The house has rusted iron gates on each window and every entrance.

He arrived Wednesday morning to evaluate his purchase, trim the hedges and mow the lawn. What he found inside was a body....

Authorities told Wilson the most recent piece of mail was from November of 2011 and unpaid taxes went back three years. The corpse was on the floor of the master bedroom next to the bed. Longtime neighbors say an older woman from Miami last lived at the home with her sister, but they hadn't seen or heard from her for several years. She was described as nice, but reclusive.
    http://www.news-press.com/story/news...side/18557093/

Probably another sad case of someone not cared about by their relatives and neighbors.

That is pretty scary and sad at the same time.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941

I was born and raised in Florida.Because it is a transient state with people coming and going during seasons,most people keep to themselves and do not get into anyones business.

Quote Originally Posted by cuffem View Post
    I was born and raised in Florida.Because it is a transient state with people coming and going during seasons,most people keep to themselves and do not get into anyones business.
    Born and raised in Florida as well. You've described it to a tee.

Also born and raised in Florida. I always assumed people kept to themselves to avoid other Floridians!

But I must say it's peaceful and relaxing here in California now that Florida has taken our title as Land of the Weird.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news...ling/18687019/

And so it goes, time passed by and neighbors assumed either the light pink structure was vacant or someone died inside. It was built by two sisters from Miami.

As of three or four years ago, there was one sister left. That was the last time most remember seeing her. Her name was Carmen Garcia-Viso. Born in 1937, she would be 77 today...

Law enforcement took personal information from the home to assist in their search for family, Wilson said.

http://www.news-press.com/story/news...less/23799459/

Three months later, detectives with Cape Coral Police Department haven’t identified the body. Until this occurs, the deceased cannot be laid to rest...

The house belonged to Carmen Garcia-Viso, a Cuban-American, and her partner, Ines Garcia. Neighbors believed they were sisters, but the police recently confirmed they’d been in a relationship. Garcia-Viso came to the United States in 1983, three years after the Mariel Boatlift brought thousands of Cubans from the island. Even less is known about Ines, who died in 2005...

“We made almost 100 phone calls to different contacts in her address book,” said Cape Coral Detective Erica Pickett. “Some didn’t answer, others hadn’t talked to her in three years... most were friends with one or two distant relatives.” Records have been requested from immigration and tissue samples sent to a forensic scientist in Orlando who is using a redehydration process on the highly decomposed but mummified remains.

This is so sad. :-(

Doesn't anyone go through the house and look it over and evaluate or appraise it before it is sold?

Quote Originally Posted by PastTense View Post
    http://www.news-press.com/story/news...side/18557093/

Probably another sad case of someone not cared about by their relatives and neighbors.
    I had an experience with this in my neighborhood. A woman who was estranged from her daughter died in a house and no one noticed for 6 months. the police were finally called by the homeowners association to do a check because her lawn was not being kept up.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    Doesn't anyone go through the house and look it over and evaluate or appraise it before it is sold?
    That is exactly my question. If it is in foreclosure or auctioned for unpaid property taxes, I would think that someone would have at least entered the house to make sure no one (deceased) was inside. Or is it like "Storage Wars" where the contents of storage units are auctioned off sight-unseen?

So sad for the poor woman who is deceased that no one checked....and three years later she is found under such circumstances.

MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo