NC NC - Meta Valentine, 43, Fayetteville, 1 Nov 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Meta Valentine
14135690-1414776542-640x360.jpg

MISSING CHURCH SECRETARY HAS FRIENDS, FAMILY WORRIED IN FAYETTEVILLE
FAYETTEVILLE (WTVD) --
Friends of a missing church secretary in Fayetteville are worried about her. Meta Valentine, 43, didn't show up for a Bible study, and no one has heard from her for over a week. Valentine's neighbor Edna Hester is worried. "I keep my door locked because I don't really know what happened," said Hester. Valentine's friends and church family don't believe that she just vanished. Leonard Rowles said it's hard to believe no one has heard from her. "You could pretty much set your watch by her coming to things church related," said Rowles. Church members went looking for her when she missed Bible study. The first place they checked was her apartment. "When we got there we knocked on the door. We tried looking through the window to see if we could see her...nothing," Rowles said.

Police later searched Valentine's apartment, but didn't find her or any clue as to what may have happened. Hester said the night before Valentine disappeared, she heard her arguing with a man who stayed with Valentine. "She would sit on the side porch with him," Hester said, "but recently after they had an argument, she would not allow him in her home. He was knocking. She would not answer the door. He went to the side door and knocked, then he went to the front door, and she would not let him in."

http://abc11.com/news/missing-church-secretary-has-friends-family-worried/384493/

Fayetteville Police seek man in case of missing woman
FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. -
Police are looking for a man they say may be involved in the disappearance of a Fayetteville woman.
Police are looking for Reginald McDowell, 44. On Thursday, they released a video of outside Meta Valentine's apartment complex. She was reported missing Oct. 29. The video shows Valentine walking to her apartment and then McDowell running behind her.

6197025_G.jpg

http://www.wncn.com/story/27610624/fayetteville-police-seek-man-in-case-of-missing-woman

The person of interest investigators want to speak with hasn't been seen since last year. The relationship between him and Valentine is disturbing.

"Fayetteville police still looking for clues to help find missing woman"

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/fayetteville-police-still-looking-for-clues-to-help-find-missing/article_4194026c-0f18-52ec-8348-42d6d71e3c86.html

Search warrant affidavits in the Clerk of Court's Office reveal a troubling history between Valentine and McDowell.

In 1999, document said, McDowell kidnapped Valentine and her then-boyfriend, Kenneth D. Thompson, from the woman's home. Thompson was bound, gagged, pistol-whipped and stuffed into the truck of Valentine's car, documents said.

At that time, affidavits said, McDowell told Valentine, "My worst nightmare is losing you to another man."

McDowell was charged with two counts of first-degree kidnapping and one count each of first-degree burglary and shooting into an occupied vehicle. He was sentenced to 15 years in prison in 2001 and was released in September 2011, according to state Department of Public Safety records.

Once McDowell was released, he and Valentine resumed their tumultuous relationship, documents said.

its possible he killed himself or something. who knows?

its possible he killed himself or something. who knows?

I was thinking that as well but apparently they found him.

"Family of NC mom missing for 1 year pray for her return"

http://wncn.com/2015/09/22/family-of-nc-mom-missing-for-1-year-pray-for-her-return/

It has been almost a year since Meta Price Valentine was last seen.

Valentine was reported missing Oct. 29, 2014 just after family members say she had just ended a toxic relationship with her child’s father.

“I have no feelings that she’s gone, she may be hurt,” said Valentine’s mother, Charity Price.

Medlock said police are keeping tab on Reginald McDowell.

“He has left the area, but we know where he is, believe me, we check on him frequently to make sure we know where he is,” Medlock said.

WHERE IS META VALENTINE? FAMILY OF MISSING FAYETTEVILLE WOMAN WAITS A YEAR LATER
A year ago this Friday was the last time 42-year-old Meta Valentine's family heard from her.

"She sent me a message that said she loved me chipmunk, and I messaged her back telling her I loved her too," said her son De'Mario.

For the past year, he's clung to his faith.

"I know God never puts you through anything you can't handle," he offered.

Valentine was reported missing on Oct. 29, 2014 after church members say she failed to show up at a function. Valentine was the church secretary at Fayetteville's Deliverance and Praise Church of Worship.
Reginald_McDowell.jpg

Reginald McDowell
http://abc11.com/news/where-is-meta-valentine/1052963/

Boyfriend wanted in death of missing Fayetteville woman
http://www.fayobserver.com/news/20180330/boyfriend-wanted-in-death-of-missing-fayetteville-woman
Warrants for first-degree murder and first-degree kidnapping have been issued for the boyfriend of a Fayetteville woman who vanished in 2014, Fayetteville police said Friday afternoon.

Reginald Jemal McDowell, 48, is wanted in the death of Meta Valentine, 43, who has not been seen since Oct. 28, 2014, when surveillance video showed her walking to her apartment in the Sycamore Park complex off Old Wilmington Road.

[...]

“The FPD’s Homicide Unit suspected foul play and assumed the investigation,” the Fayetteville Police Department said in a news release.

On Feb. 9, investigators received new information that resulted in the issuance of the warrants for McDowell, the release said.

“The warrants were issued a few weeks back,” said Billy West, Cumberland County’s district attorney. “The reason there hasn’t been any public comment is because he’s not been arrested yet.”

[...]

Has reginald mcdowell ever been found or is he still wanted by police?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back